Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I, personally, and favoring the breakdown of the EU.

I've always felt that this was a temporary solution to resolve issues that many of the countries have and not it's a burden on the countries that have thrived on it to the countries actually succeeding once it was implemented.

-- One major thing that I believe is absolutely ridiculous is the ability to travel within the EU with such incredible ease. --
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I live close by and visit Britain for work often.
    So why are you so ignorant about British opinion then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeJacko View Post
    So why are you so ignorant about British opinion then?
    *pat*
    You're alright.

Eventually, the EU will probably collapse. The US learned (under the Articles of confederacy) that having a bunch of states kind of acting as a country but kind of not- just really doesn't work. Most states did not want to give up power to a more central authority- I can't imagine that the members of the EU (which are actually individual countries) will.

Not only that, but GB has bailed so that puts Germany in the spotlight and that Murkel is almost as bad as hillary, so I can't imagine that members would stand with her when the going gets tough. And it is going to get real tough, real soon (with all those refugees coming in- most of the economies can not handle them). Not only that, but as ISIS continues to take a beating on their home turf they will switch their effort to Europe..... I don't see the EU lasting too much longer unless something happens to reverse the current trend.

Deleted
    Merkel is as bad as hillary Clinton.
    Sorry if I don't take you seriously after that opener.

Honestly I would support the E.U. if they would just kick out Germany. Sell the krauts and maybe the austrians up river to Russia. Then you can have a functioning society and might even get Britania back in the fold.

If Germany gets das boot Sweden you better tighten up 'cause you're next in line to be auctioned off like the whore you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Honestly I would support the E.U. if they would just kick out Germany. Sell the krauts and maybe the austrians up river to Russia. Then you can have a functioning society and might even get Britania back in the fold.

If Germany gets das boot Sweden you better tighten up 'cause you're next in line to be auctioned off like the whore you are.
    And yet, the biggest mistake europe did was expanding east in 2004.
    Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if we didn't.

*pat*
    You're alright.
    Too kind.

The rest of us are alright as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeJacko View Post
    Too kind.

The rest of us are alright as well.
    Eeeh i wouldn't go that far now

Deleted
    Merkel is as bad as hillary Clinton. Sorry if I don't take you seriously after that opener.
    clinton didnt open america up to mass immigration from the middle east god are you stupid or something just stop posting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    clinton didnt open america up to mass immigration from the middle east god are you stupid or something just stop posting
    Neither did Merkel. The hawkish ideologies behind clinton is what caused this refugee crisis.
    Funny ain't it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    If Italy leaves the EU collapses, I don't think you have anu clue about what are you talking about.
    He's actually right. Germany and France are the EU. Italy, Spain and Greece matter little compared to them. Though, neither of those will leave because they are all in very bad papers financial wise, and without the security of the EU they can't stay afloat, because investors would flee pretty rapidly if they left.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-08-26 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Threatening Britain was not in the interests of EU member states, it was purely to protect the EU political body from further withdrawls
    So it is in the long term interests of the EU member states.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Threatening to punish Britain is not acting in the interests of any member states, in fact it would be punishing remaining member states and done purely out of bitterness at being jilted.
    Why not? I think it might be, but then I didn't see any threats, just predictions.
    Well and quite some threats from the Brexit side, but well, those were mostly clowns anyway.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2016-08-26 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Neither did Merkel. The hawkish ideologies behind clinton is what caused this refugee crisis.
    Funny ain't it.
    What caused the refugee crisis is the incompetence of the middle east to assert and fix problems before they spin out of control.

Yes the USA middle eastern aggression didn't help, but let's not forget the problem was spinning out of control before that, because the middle eastern countries just didn't care to do anything about it, and instead they promoted anti-western behavior for decades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    He's actually right. Germany and France are the EU. Italy, Spain and Greece matter little compared to them. Though, neither of those will leave because they are all in very bad papers financial wise, and without the security of the EU they can't stay afloat, because investors would flee pretty rapidly if they left.
    Sure. Did you inform yourself before making this comment?

Deleted
    Italy is the fourth (third if you don't count UK) economy of EU just behind France. Also a founder of the EU. The north is one of the richest place in the whole Europe.

Also, most of the Italy's debt is owned by italians.

And comparing Greece to Italy Lumbardy itself has an higher gpd than the whole Greece.
    Last edited by mmoc6cc9359bff; 2016-08-26 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    What caused the refugee crisis is the incompetence of the middle east to assert and fix problems before they spin out of control.

Yes the USA middle eastern aggression didn't help, but let's not forget the problem was spinning out of control before that, because the middle eastern countries just didn't care to do anything about it, and instead they promoted anti-western behavior for decades.
    No it wasn't spinning out of control in the slightest. Libya was in control of its borders, syria did not have 15 million people displaced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And Merkel didn't cause the people there to flee. You know who did? The country that made sure there was a power vacuum which caused ISIS to control the area. Merkel is dealing with an international crisis quite well.
    yeah well merkel didnt tell all these middle easterns to piss off either, so she is to blame

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The result will be that the PVV might be the biggest opposition party, but they won't run the country unless they have over 50% of the votes. And that has never happened in the history of our country.
    How many votes did Wilders PVV get in 2005, zero wasn't it? So in just ten years they have gone from nothing to the largest party in the Netherlands, albeit without a majority yet. Are you sure of your prediction they can never get 50% of the votes just because it hasn't ever happened in the past?

A lot can take place between now and March, let's see what those sensible Dutch voters decide and how big the PVV will be.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    To some degree, Italy and Spain leaving would upset the delicate balance of power in the EU. Which already favours the north western block (Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Luxembourg), so to say that Italy leaving wouldn't present an issue is incorrect. It'll further the rift that is already present between the north and south and France would quickly find itself in the undesirable position of not being equal to Germany in regard to economical and political cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    How many votes did Wilders PVV get in 2005, zero wasn't it? So in just ten years they have gone from nothing to the largest party in the Netherlands, albeit without a majority yet. Are you sure of your prediction they can never get 50% of the votes just because it hasn't ever happened in the past?

A lot can take place between now and March, let's see what those sensible Dutch voters decide and how big the PVV will be.
    Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, seems apt here. That said, the issue in the Netherlands seems to be a lack of voting in general and by the (dwindling) middle-class and working-class. That may end up swinging the vote massively in favour of the PVV.
    Last edited by mmoc87fc7e9041; 2016-08-26 at 03:06 PM.