Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    These types of guys seem to have unwittingly tipped too far in women's favor.
    Great emphasis on "unwittingly". I find it moronic that they don't even see the consequences of such actions.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    yeah and that immigrants plan is to marry and have kids with you so they become a british national thats all they care about
    Awww look at you being jealous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Great emphasis on "unwittingly". I find it moronic that they don't even see the consequences of such actions.
    The age old adage of "Dick first, brain second" that many a guy lives by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    How do you like Spain? Not planning on moving myself (Dutchie here) but I've been planning to visit for holidays, always wanted to see things like the Alhambra, Andalusia and Segovia
    I came here for a year working on a government contract. Spoke only 4 words in Spanish; Hola, Siesta, Fiesta, Cerveza.

I've been here for 6 years now. Set up my own company, I'm fluent in Madrid accented Castilian (if I spend talking more than a few minutes people will start catching on, as I still can't roll my R's consistently right). Basically I love it here.

But apart from the fact of it being extremely bureaucratic none of the stereotypes really apply. People here work insanely hard, very long hours, the business environment is cutthroat competitive (extremely so), none of the typical Southern European stereotypes apply at all. There's very little to no machismo, people aren't at all religious (tho religious holidays are "religiously" observed, but think of them of more like Medieval Fairs and an excuse to throw a huge party and get utterly shitfaced, get chased by bulls or light shit on fire).

But there is a very clear distinction between the North/Center of Spain, the East Coast (Costa del Sol) and Southern Spain.

In Southern Spain life is slower and revolves around tourism and agriculture, so seasonal unemployment is very high. It is also a bit more religious (tho not at all conservative) than the rest of the country.

The Center and North of Spain is very business like, industrialized and the winters get quite cold. Cities like Madrid or Barcelona or San Sebastian are very cosmopolitan, competitive and also relatively expensive.

The East Coast...well the only thing I can possibly compare it to is it being Europe's Florida. Retirees, rich douchebags, endemic corruption, lots of drugs, thousands of miles of Golf Courses. Marbella/Benidorm is basically Miami in Europe. Ibiza is Ibiza (so much Cocaine/Molly/LSD/Crystal Meth) and needs no introduction, and the Canary Islands (which are basically in Africa) are like fucking Hawaii, year round beach weather (it also has the same flag as Scotland for some strange reason).

I honestly fell in love with this country. You get a bit of everything, but you can have metric tons of fun anywhere you go.

Guess which is Miami and which is Benidorm.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/PV0BZK2Lb1Q/maxresdefault.jpg
    http://cdn.esferatravel.es/images/co...DORM%20G-2.jpg
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2016-08-26 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Awww look at you being jealous.
    im not jealous cos i dnt want a relationship atm,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Yep. There's a lot of socially awkward individuals that the "Be yourself" message causes issues. Especially if that advice changes to "Don't be completely yourself".
    I have issues with the "be yourself" slogan, especially if who you are is a complete sack of shit.
    Wanting to change yourself for the better should be an admirable goal, not something people bash you for.
    If tumblrista land whales put a quarter of the effort into changing themselves of what they put into changing the rest of the world they would look like greek goddesses.

Deleted
    why would i want to flirt with a wome nshe would accuse me of sexual harrasment or rape, since alot of women are brainwashed by stupid extreme feminists who hate anything with a penis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I came here for a year working on a government contract. Spoke only 4 words in Spanish; Hola, Siesta, Fiesta, Cerveza.

I've been here for 6 years now. Set up my own company, I'm fluent in Madrid accented Castilian (if I spend talking more than a few minutes people will start catching on, as I still can't roll my R's consistently right). Basically I love it here.

But apart from the fact of it being extremely bureaucratic none of the stereotypes really apply. People here work insanely hard, very long hours, the business environment is cutthroat competitive (extremely so), none of the typical Southern European stereotypes apply at all. There's very little to no machismo, people aren't at all religious (tho religious holidays are "religiously" observed, but think of them of more like Medieval Fairs and an excuse to throw a huge party and get utterly shitfaced, get chased by bulls or light shit on fire).

But there is a very clear distinction between the North/Center of Spain, the East Coast (Costa del Sol) and Southern Spain.

In Southern Spain life is slower and revolves around tourism and agriculture, so seasonal unemployment is very high. It is also a bit more religious (tho not at all conservative) than the rest of the country.

The Center and North of Spain is very business like, industrialized and the winters get quite cold. Cities like Madrid or Barcelona or San Sebastian are very cosmopolitan, competitive and also relatively expensive.

The East Coast...well the only thing I can possibly compare it to is it being Europe's Florida. Retirees, rich douchebags, endemic corruption, lots of drugs, thousands of miles of Golf Courses. Marbella/Benidorm is basically Miami in Europe. Ibiza is Ibiza (so much Cocaine/Molly/LSD/Crystal Meth) and needs no introduction, and the Canary Islands (which are basically in Africa) are like fucking Hawaii, year round beach weather (it also has the same flag as Scotland for some strange reason).

I honestly fell in love with this country. You get a bit of everything, but you can have metric tons of fun anywhere you go.

Guess which is Miami and which is Benidorm.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/PV0BZK2Lb1Q/maxresdefault.jpg
    http://cdn.esferatravel.es/images/co...DORM%20G-2.jpg
    Lemme guess, trick question and its both Benidorm? Doesnt look my type of place anyway :P I guess I would try to avoid the eastern coast...

But great info and good youre enjoying yourself, time to save up for a trip to Granada

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    To be fair I would avoid her. People who say "men are..." or "women are..." are in general stupid and looking to validate their own preconception. It's another thing to say "I'm looking for this, this and this in a men and so far I didn't found one yet". Heck with my current GF I'm totally blown away that she likes noir and old movies (from 30s to 70s).
    Well I'm on the other side of the pond so it was mostly just for lulz. Still if all she wants is a one-night stand, she basically just put out an ad for that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Pretty sure Miami doesn't have any mountains.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

why would i want to flirt with a wome nshe would accuse me of sexual harrasment or rape, since alot of women are brainwashed by stupid extreme feminists who hate anything with a penis
    Don't they just hate white penises?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Don't they just hate white penises?
    no they hate all of em

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, they will accuse you of rape for flirting, and for asking them out, they cut off your penis and have you eat it, while chanting, "I hate myself for being an evil male".

Seriously though, get out of that basement already!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yup, they will accuse you of rape for flirting, and for asking them out, they cut off your penis and have you eat it, while chanting, "I hate myself for being an evil male".

Seriously though, get out of that basement already!
    I have a hard time believing that he's serious at this point.

Deleted
    "Lads! Britain needs you to do your duty and get flirting" "many of whom seem to delight in their solo status."

Intresting its the man's duty to flirt. I thought men and women were equal, what stop a woman who wants a relation or get "chatted up" to take the initiative (and the pain of being rejected)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    "Lads! Britain needs you to do your duty and get flirting" "many of whom seem to delight in their solo status."

Intresting its the man's duty to flirt. I thought men and women were equal, what stop a woman who wants a relation or get "chatted up" to take the initiative (and the pain of being rejected)
    The answer is a lot simpler than you might think, though taboo in the current environment

Men and women are different because gender is biological and not a social construct

"Degenderisation" will simply make people pretend and unhappily hide their true nature (much like religion did for so many centuries)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    She says that, but I have never seen her and Chewie in the same place.

wouldnt approach her, she looks like a feminist bitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    The answer is a lot simpler than you might think, though taboo in the current environment

Men and women are different because gender is biological and not a social construct

"Degenderisation" will simply make people pretend and unhappily hide their true nature (much like religion did for so many centuries)
    I don't know why people are afraid of the word "different".
    You're totally right there. Why is it a taboo nobody knows really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

They are different, but the differences are not very well understood by petty misogynists. You can't simply use science as a justification for your arbitary prejudices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    They are different, but the differences are not very well understood by petty misogynists. You can't simply use science as a justification for your arbitary prejudices.
    He mentioned no arbitrary prejudices at all.