Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitxd View Post
    Would you say that it's worth doing the artifact quest at level 102 to get your alt weapons? I've only done them all on my Paladin and they're full of RP slowness.
    Definitely not worth it on mage or rogue (if you care about being fast, its xp you won't get at 110 and you will be doing them there probably). Apparently for some classes the xp can be quite good, but sadly I have no xp with paladin.

I would say the heavy RP artifact quest lines are never worth it, basically since via questing you can get every single level on average in 42min, your artifact quest line should give you ~30% of a level if it takes 15min. In my experience many of the quest lines take longer, and are not even 30% xp.
    Last edited by aesthir; 2016-08-25 at 02:57 PM.

I enjoy speed leveling, but I think overall total efficiency (i.e. including the time spent doing things at 110 that you skipped while leveling) is more important. With that in mind, on the subject of getting your offspec artifacts there's a few things to consider:

1) depends on class, but artifacts are usually much lower xp/min than questing. For DK I find it to be around 10k/min, vs questing at 16k/min
    2) artifact questlines scale harshly and are much harder at lvl 110 (they scale with ilvl too, like proving grounds)
    3) getting multiple artifacts makes it harder to get world quests to reward the relic type you want

Due to #2, if you plan to frequently play 2 specs as soon as you hit 110, I'd recommend just getting it while leveling. Due to #3, if you don't plan to do much with your second artifact for at least a few weeks, I'd recommend waiting so that you don't get relics for some artifact you aren't even using.

I wasn't 110 after this guide. I was only 109

Quote Originally Posted by ChazTank View Post
    I wasn't 110 after this guide. I was only 109
    Sorry but thats impossible, you ding 110 after finishing about 80% of the final zone. You must have missed some quests or bonus objectives. Which order did you do the zones in? (don't think that matters though?)

Deleted
    If there are many people questing with you and tagging your enemies you will miss a lot of mob experience which can result in not getting to 110 after doing all quests. Groups are basically forced to do dungeons, profession quests or additional artifacts after they skipped even just a handful of quests. Doing 100% in each zone barely gets you to max level if at all when in a group of 3+.

Did they nerf the end of dungeon xp recently?
    I swear it used to be a lot more, but just now I was getting only 19k for the end of the dungeon (completing all stages), and this was the same for each dungeon. Before I think it was more for the longer ones (eye of azshara)

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    Did they nerf the end of dungeon xp recently?
    I swear it used to be a lot more, but just now I was getting only 19k for the end of the dungeon (completing all stages), and this was the same for each dungeon. Before I think it was more for the longer ones (eye of azshara)
    EoA used to give 80k exp and the others gave 30k

so yes, likely nerfed... but i'm not sure why. dungeons were never as efficient as questing.

Thanks for the guide, I won't be rushing my leveling experience too much but its nice to have something to refer to for efficiency purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by polihayse View Post
    I'm guessing I'm that feral druid that you are referring too. Congrats on your server first in WoD. Back in the WoD beta I was just leveling to see how fast I could go. I didn't have the intention of making a guide. The request to make a guide was sprung on me at the last minute. Someone named Elvine asked me to make a leveling guide for his website.

I wasn't too happy with the outcome of the guide. I was originally just leveling because I had nothing else to do and I wanted to see how fast I could get based solely on my intuition. I didn't do any research for it. Because of that, people ended up at level 100, but probably were set back with their garrison, which effectively canceled out the benefits of reaching level 100 quickly. I also didn't care about rares.

The only redeeming quality of the guide was the "exploit" in Shadowmoon Valley that allowed you to enter Anguish Fortress before you were supposed to and loot the 10 treasures inside to get you very far ahead of the competition. The rest of it was crap imo. I was so burnt out after the amount of time I spent on it that I never touched the guide again after WoD went live and even felt somewhat embarrassed by it.

Anyway, thanks for making a guide. I came up with some strategies myself, but I've mostly been focusing on making my UI more efficient and effective. I'm also attempting to make weakauras-based UIs for all dps and tank specs on the beta. I'm about halfway done with that. I'm eventually going to put them somewhere for people to download if anyone happens to be interested.
    Lol I followed your guide as well and beat all my guildies for bragging rights :P (no, not realm first but still hours ahead of my direct competition)

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    EoA used to give 80k exp and the others gave 30k

so yes, likely nerfed... but i'm not sure why. dungeons were never as efficient as questing.
    Yea I thought I got 76k for EoA, such a letdown when I saw 19k today..... Completely agree with you, no reason to nerf it...:/
    In some areas mob xp got nerfed as well

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Lol I followed your guide as well and beat all my guildies for bragging rights :P (no, not realm first but still hours ahead of my direct competition)
    I actually logged on about 1 hour after WoD went live because I overslept. I still got to 100 very quickly despite getting caught in the bottleneck at the entrance to shadowmoon valley. Once I got past that point, I got into Gorgrond and it was smooth sailing from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerumo View Post
    You cant judge how quick a zone will go if you do multiple starting at 100. At that level your gear is still a massive advantage. You kill speed, and thus zone clear times will be slower in later zones. Even the ring gets nerfed to almost nothing by 109. I would say 8:30-9:00 is a more accurate time for 100-110
    Ok so I just did azsuna again 108-110 just to prove a point to you: levelling speed does NOT decrease in the higher levels.
    I am exactly 108 at the start of the zone, ding 109 in about 38min and I'm 110 in 1h28.
    Secondly, I made those video guides nearly a month ago, ofcourse I'm faster now than I was back then. The 7h in my title is stated as 7h because that is the fastest I have achieved myself on the beta, levelling completely solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxAqcer0GyY

PS: I noticed i'm not even in a guild on beta, so i miss the guild perks as well.

-_- just noticed that the screensize of the recording is screwed up since I recently bought a new monitor. However, you can see that i'm exactly 108 at the start of the zone by comparing the time taken to achieve certain landmarks on my lvl 100-102 azsuna video and the 108-110 azsuna video.

Notice that I take a slightly different path in azsuna, thanks to comments made snfpoli on youtube!
    Last edited by aesthir; 2016-08-27 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    thanks for the videos, ignore the haters, i found this incredibly useful for the routes you take and finding all the quests. i prob wont ding 110 in 7 hours on my ret paladin though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerumo View Post
    I do also think 6 hour claims are BS, your guide proves that you can do it in 8, not 7 like your title says. Its just misleading is all. You are replacing the 108-110 segment, arguably the slowest segment, with a brand new ovegeared 100-102 section. This is not going to be a segmented run, it will be RTA. I am not trying to downplay the content in the guide, as a lot of it is amazing and I'm sure will help tons of people. I for one really liked the highmountian route.
    I leveled a few characters in the beta and at no point did I feel my character lost power or killing speed. I ended at 110 with pretty much the same stats(crit, haste, ect..) as I had at 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    Literally no one does this. Stop perpetuating this stupid assumption.
    Did you start playing yesterday? Because lots of people do this. Lots of people have made threads on this very forum about it.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Did you start playing yesterday? Because lots of people do this. Lots of people have made threads on this very forum about it.
    I was referring to how it's stupid to think that people try to race to level cap (for whatever reason), then immediately whine about a lack of content. The majority of WoW isn't about the leveling, but the endgame.

As an alpha/beta player - very nice guide!

Even if readers aren't interested in power-leveling, this guide demonstrates an effective and efficient leveling path. If you aren't trying to level up quickly in order to prepare for raids, or if you only have one or two characters, I completely agree that there is no reason to ever rush leveling. And in Legion, there is plenty of reason to take your time and enjoy the experience - the zones are beautiful, you get rewarded for simply exploring, and the quests (in my opinion) are written better than in the last couple of expansions.

But there are a lot of people who (a) only enjoy the end-game, but the leveling process - not so much; (b) have a raiding main character that they need to level and prep before they can relax and enjoy a slower pace on alts; (c) have an "army of alts" for crafting/AH because that's their main enjoyment in the game and they want to level them all up efficiently.

For those players, a fast and efficient guide like this one is a real blessing.

Question: How do you see leveling going considering people will be questing in all the zones so there is no way to get "ahead" of the pack other than in the first zone you do?
    Example say you start Stormheim you get ahead of the pack and you finish it really quick. Then you go to your second zone. Now you have the pack of people who started there to contend with.

This is a genuine question and I'm wondering others opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    Question: How do you see leveling going considering people will be questing in all the zones so there is no way to get "ahead" of the pack other than in the first zone you do?
    Example say you start Stormheim you get ahead of the pack and you finish it really quick. Then you go to your second zone. Now you have the pack of people who started there to contend with.

This is a genuine question and I'm wondering others opinions.
    In my opinion you can still get ahead, but it's less beneficial compared to previous expansions. You will never again be completely alone in a zone. However, lets say you get ahead in stormheim, you will finish that zone before the majority of other people will finish their respective zones, so when you pick your second zone, you won't have that much competition, as they are about halfway through it already. When you start to catch up to the slower levellers, its probably 3-4 hours into the expansion, and they might log out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    In my opinion you can still get ahead, but it's less beneficial compared to previous expansions. You will never again be completely alone in a zone. However, lets say you get ahead in stormheim, you will finish that zone before the majority of other people will finish their respective zones, so when you pick your second zone, you won't have that much competition, as they are about halfway through it already. When you start to catch up to the slower levellers, its probably 3-4 hours into the expansion, and they might log out soon.
    Ah that is a point I hadn't considered regarding casual levelers logging off. Well hopefully this launch is smoother than wods. But with all this talk of DDoS attacks I'm not sure.