Thread: No Man's Sky

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying the game, but not $60 enjoying. There is so much potential that is yet untapped, and I hope they do it. It just seems they went overboard on the size of the universe and forgot to put some things into it.

One thing alone that would make it completely worth it is simply being able to play with a friend, and have objectives that require multiple people. It would be really cool to make a group of 3 or 4 people to take down some big animal that is roaming one of the planets, or even have two people occupy the same ship with one as a flyer and one as a gunner. Maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh yea? What is HG guilty of lying about before NMS? 90% of people had no clue who they where before it. Joe Danger was certainly not a hyped title.
    Nothing.
    But people still fell for the spin (or propaganda if you prefer) the same as they did for Colonial Marines, Fable or Spore in the gaming world, or if you prefer Brexit or even in 1930's Germany or any other of the countless times it's happened.
    People are masters of only hearing what they want to hear, basing their expectations and opinions on those limited facts and then shouting as loud as possible to try and disguise the fact that they've been mug enough to fall for it.
    It's one of those nasty Human traits we just can't seem to shake off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a note, kind of fascinating how there is so much hate over Hello Games lying about No Man's Sky and yet Hillary Clinton is leading in the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Just a note, kind of fascinating how there is so much hate over Hello Games lying about No Man's Sky and yet Hillary Clinton is leading in the polls.
    Yeah, let's not get into politics here. That's for GenOT, not the VG forums.

They should at least publicly apologize for their lie about multiplayer. You cannot just drop, "Oh, and forget what we were telling you, there is no multiplayer" in a hour between release.

This is really disappointing. Life has been crazy lately, but I had every intention of picking this up when things settled down.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    They should at least publicly apologize for their lie about multiplayer. You cannot just drop, "Oh, and forget what we were telling you, there is no multiplayer" in a hour between release.
    so long as they don't admit that they've lied, as long there will be people that will defend and trust them still, thinking the features are actually in the game but they're just bugged or nobody has properly discovered it yet.
    once they go 'sorry for the lies' the internet will get what they wanted throwing around "told-you-so's" and HG will be officially stamped with a 'frauds' sticker for all to see.

And now with steam giving out refunds to people that have played for over 2 hours you'd be sure there will be plenty of use of that service afterwards.

I'd shut up too if I were them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    This is really disappointing. Life has been crazy lately, but I had every intention of picking this up when things settled down.
    As long as you don't want to skip buying a good game to spite the developer, you still should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    so long as they don't admit that they've lied, as long there will be people that will defend and trust them still, thinking the features are actually in the game but they're just bugged or nobody has properly discovered it yet.
    once they go 'sorry for the lies' the internet will get what they wanted throwing around "told-you-so's" and HG will be officially stamped with a 'frauds' sticker for all to see.

And now with steam giving out refunds to people that have played for over 2 hours you'd be sure there will be plenty of use of that service afterwards.

I'd shut up too if I were them.
    EXACTLY! Why is everyone wanting them to speak up when that is the exact thing that will happen? The question is how to smooth this over so everyone is happy. At this point even adding the things they removed in a patch next Wednesday for free and throwing in a free season pass won't make the public happy. Which is a shame, bad interviews aside these guys need to be praised for the great game that DID get made.

15+ Year Old Account
    The new patch notes http://steamcommunity.com/app/275850...2383121166985/

Gek Towers are no longer repeatable, and the ship model swap trick won't work after the patch. It is still in testing now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Considering 90% of the players have left already, it's fair to say that a lot of people were lied to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Considering 90% of the players have left already, it's fair to say that a lot of people were lied to.
    A large percentage of people would still have left the game even if they weren't lied to. It happens all the time and with the hype surrounding the game I'd wager that most people bought the game with out really liking the core of the game. Exploration.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    A large percentage of people would still have left the game even if they weren't lied to. It happens all the time and with the hype surrounding the game I'd wager that most people bought the game with out really liking the core of the game. Exploration.
    That's because the exploration part of the game is absolute barebone. The fact that Steam still lists their gameplay videos with features that don't exist in the game is VERY misleading.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's because the exploration part of the game is absolute barebone. The fact that Steam still lists their gameplay videos with features that don't exist in the game is VERY misleading.
    It was always simplistic in its exploration though. Get materials to fix/fuel your ship. Fly around. Get more. Try not to die in the process. NMS never tried to be complex with the core of the game. And that part wasn't misleading at all. Some of the missing features would have prolonged those core mechanics for some but they would still be there.

It was described as "chill" on several occasions by the developers. It isn't everyone's type of game but that is okay. A lot though got stuck on the hype misleading or not and thought a game that normally isn't for them would magically be something they like. I'm actually surprised at how much I like it as I usually don't like such freeform and basic games as this. I can't really even play minecraft for more then 30 mins because I get bored and lose interest.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2016-08-28 at 02:19 AM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It was always simplistic in its exploration though. Get materials to fix/fuel your ship. Fly around. Get more. Try not to die in the process. NMS never tried to be complex with the core of the game. And that part wasn't misleading at all. Some of the missing features would have prolonged those core mechanics for some but they would still be there.

It was described as "chill" on several occasions by the developers. It isn't everyone's type of game but that is okay. A lot though got stuck on the hype misleading or not and thought a game that normally isn't for them would magically be something they like. I'm actually surprised at how much I like it as I usually don't like such freeform and basic games as this. I can't really even play minecraft for more then 30 mins because I get bored and lose interest.
    But the "get materials" part is shown as very different in the videos. Stuff like having a lot more materials available to you, and not having all the materials on one planet necessarily, so you have to go to hostile worlds to get something. That stuff is interesting, and I'd have loved to play that. It's not interesting when there's no challenge, and the biggest hurdle in the game is finding flowers for fuel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    But the "get materials" part is shown as very different in the videos. Stuff like having a lot more materials available to you, and not having all the materials on one planet necessarily, so you have to go to hostile worlds to get something. That stuff is interesting, and I'd have loved to play that. It's not interesting when there's no challenge, and the biggest hurdle in the game is finding flowers for fuel.
    I've yet to find a planet that has all the resources, if I need rare resources I go for hostile planets and they are indeed hostile. So I don't really get why you are missing that in the game as it is clearly there. And fuel comes from asteroids mostly, in space. On planet you only need to get plutonium which is in crystal form not flowers. The only time you might need Thamium9 from flowers is when you first repair your/new ship.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

'No Man's Sky refund' is almost becoming a meme at this point. I suspect some are doing it just to be in on the trend. I hope HG aren't dissuaded from updating their game.

Deleted
    You've got any facts to back up that statistic? Or are you just here to pollute this thread with further nonsense?

How is this tolerated on these boards? Incredible.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny, really, I can't continue playing Deus Ex MD because of a nasty m14 crash. The showstopper really. The only workaround is to start anew (m14 is near the end) And everyone is chill and waiting for a promised patch "the devs are working on it!". But for the money they asked for the game and being a big company and making an AAA game one would expect it not to have such showstopping bugs in it, right? But here it is, and they are not really fast on fixing it - they cba to fix it on weekends. "First thing early next week". Yeah thank you very much I wanted to finish it this weekend.

So with the above we can conclude that HG gets smacked only for being the new kid on the block.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    You've got any facts to back up that statistic?
    Have you heard about software called "Steam?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    and the biggest hurdle in the game is finding flowers for fuel.
    You should try shooting the asteroids.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche