Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well if you want to be hunted by the agents of the Godhand until you die the sure ting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    I looked up yours, you can tell that on the icon itself its a sword with wings coming of the tip.
    They aren't wings they're flames.

On yours, you cant tell what it is.
    I can and that's all that matters.

There arent sharp edges and line work on the sword.
    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20131017123942

There's not supposed to be. It's all blended into one which is why I chose it. Something simple.

He could have added a background to it,
    I didn't want a background, just the emblem.

or used different shades of blue blending into each other.
    I chose the blue. It was the darkest he had without going into black.

the lines are rough and thick.
    I wanted them thick so it wouldn't look like someone just put it on with a fountain pen.

Just cause it looks good on paper doesnt mean it will on skin. Its a bad tattoo.
    In your opinion. Art is subjective.

I got 3 tattoos but 1 of them i do regret but thats another story

If you want a tattoo you must remember its for life (unless you pay for expensive removal) If you are scared what your parents say then do it somewhere they wont see it or just man up and tell them cause you are an adult and its non of there business!.

As for having the tattoo itself i must give you the advice the guy who gave me my first tattoo he said 'It wont hurt as much as you think it will' and when he said that he was right though it is painful its pain you can handle trust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had to lay off 2 people this year due to customers coming to visit our facility, seeing their tats and coming down harshly on us as a result. The best advise I will give is that if you get one, get it someplace nobody at work will EVER see it...
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I've had to lay off 2 people this year due to customers coming to visit our facility, seeing their tats and coming down harshly on us as a result. The best advise I will give is that if you get one, get it someplace nobody at work will EVER see it...
    What tats did they have swastikas?

I just recently finished my first full sleeve it took about a year to complete because my artist was booked up and I couldn't get time off work. Anyways it's a full WoW/Diablo style sleeve and I had thoughts like yourself too about jobs etc, fuck it, if you can't get a job because you have ink I personally wouldn't want to work there. I can understand if you're going for something like a fancy lawyer job and you have neck/face tattoos but like come on, everyone has tattoos these days it's just ink it doesn't make someone a bad person.

In the end bro it's your body and your decision, do what makes you happy and fuck what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Never get a tattoo where you can't cover it up.
    That advice is situational, at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Why waste money on something stupid like a tattoo when it serves no purpose other than to look at it. The money could be spent in such a better way
    Its a good thing you're not allowed to spend my money then, isn't it? "Wasting" money is strongly opinionated. My current piece I'm working on will cost around $6,000 when its done in December. It isn't a waste to me, at all. Because immediately after that I'm working on another piece similar in price. If tattoo's are a waste to you, or expensive to you, don't get one. Simple as that. To many, they serve more of a purpose than for others to look at. It is, after all, art; and some of it very personal. So in my opinion, to consider something that often times is meaningful or expressive art as a "waste" is ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Its a good thing you're not allowed to spend my money then, isn't it? "Wasting" money is strongly opinionated. My current piece I'm working on will cost around $6,000 when its done in December. It isn't a waste to me, at all. Because immediately after that I'm working on another piece similar in price. If tattoo's are a waste to you, or expensive to you, don't get one. Simple as that. To many, they serve more of a purpose than for others to look at. It is, after all, art; and some of it very personal. So in my opinion, to consider something that often times is meaningful or expressive art as a "waste" is ignorant.
    $6000 for what? My sleeve cost me $3800 and that took a while to finish

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    $6000 for what? My sleeve cost me $3800 and that took a while to finish
    Its a 35 hour tattoo and only a half sleeve. The detail is insane. I put a thumbnail up of it after my first session, which was in May - its a couple pages back.

get it on your neck, those are very classy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    get it on your neck, those are very classy
    Right above the buttocks. Classiest of them all.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a tat on my right bicep, its covered up 90% of time. The 10% is when I' am at home or exercising. My advice for getting a tat is to think about in the long term. Is it something that in 10years you can look at and still say "Cool". I say this because a friend of mine got one a few years back and now regrets it immensely

When I was a university one of the people I lived with designed there own tattoo. He drew it then spent a year deciding if he really wanted it by looking at it every day and asking himself if he wanted it. 365 yes's later and he went for it, now has a very good full length arm tattoo and has zero doubt over whether it was the right move.

Get a butterfly tattoo on the inside of your thigh.
    Or a nice lower back tattoo. That's always classy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And its a waste of $6000. The tattoo will do nothing. Its just there to look at and most of the time nobody will be seeing it because youll have some or all of it covered. For that same money you couldve bought or paid for something that provides entertainment or sustenance or some kind of actual purpose. (car, food, new TV, new computer, clothing, etc... Hell even $6000 worth of toilet paper would at least provide a usable purpose)

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Right above the buttocks. Classiest of them all.
    or name on back and chest, just in case you forget whats your name and to make sure people that are behind you knows who you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    and spending money on games rather than helping a random child in africa is better or what?
    Sure it is. Spending money on games provides me with entertainment, helping a random child in Africa doesnt do a thing for me. And even if I did want to help a random child it would be an American

I have many tattoos, I regret all of them. At the time it looks cool, but the color will fade, and the person you were at the time of getting that tattoo will fade as well. I would always advise against it, as most tattoos are obtained by an impetuous mindset. It's not really about being conservative or not. You don't want to always be frozen in place with something on you that might have changed.

Also it would depend on the tattoo. Most tattoos in my experience just act as easily identifiable markers for someone who's a fucking idiot. Butterfly tramp stamp... idiot. Some kind of asian calligraphy when you don't know the language and just saw that other people had it... moron. Tattoos of your children or loved ones, acceptable but really not necessary.

And its a waste of $6000. The tattoo will do nothing. Its just there to look at and most of the time nobody will be seeing it because youll have some or all of it covered. For that same money you couldve bought or paid for something that provides entertainment or sustenance or some kind of actual purpose. (car, food, new TV, new computer, clothing, etc... Hell even $6000 worth of toilet paper would at least provide a usable purpose)
    Again, that is your opinion. Obviously tattoos aren't in your realm of priorities and that's perfectly fine. However, you just traded what I spend on art for another materialistic item - excluding food. So it hindsight it really isn't much difference outside of preference. But you can't say its a waste. Its a waste for YOU. Just like a new TV is a waste for someone else; a TV will do nothing. Neither are a better or worse choice, just perspective. I mean you can go on forever with what is better for YOU to buy. But this thread isn't about you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I have many tattoos, I regret all of them. At the time it looks cool, but the color will fade, and the person you were at the time of getting that tattoo will fade as well. I would always advise against it, as most tattoos are obtained by an impetuous mindset. It's not really about being conservative or not. You don't want to always be frozen in place with something on you that might have changed.

Also it would depend on the tattoo. Most tattoos in my experience just act as easily identifiable markers for someone who's a fucking idiot. Butterfly tramp stamp... idiot. Some kind of asian calligraphy when you don't know the language and just saw that other people had it... moron. Tattoos of your children or loved ones, acceptable but really not necessary.
    Or the other view is it shows milestones in your life. Others look at it as works of art. Which is exactly how they are classified, regardless if you agree with them or not. There are really dumb tattoos out there, I won't disagree with that at all. Its a fact. Then there are people who use their bodies as a canvas for pieces or artwork, which can be beautiful.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure it is. Spending money on games provides me with entertainment, helping a random child in Africa doesnt do a thing for me. And even if I did want to help a random child it would be an American
    And that's why you're the last person that should be advising where someones money should go.

Do what you want with your life, but expect consequences from every action. I have several tattoos and will be getting more, but every one of them is easily concealable. I don't regret any, because I waited a while until I knew they were what I wanted on my body, and they all have personal meaning to me, even if that isn't readily noticeable to anyone else. I don't feel the need to explain the meaning to most people, and I don't have to justify what I do with my body to anyone else.

If you want to get something, do it. If you regret it, you regret it. Faded ink can always be touched up, bad tattoos can always be covered up, and when you're 80 and all your shit sags and your tattoos are wrinkled to hell, that will be the least of your worries. If an old, faded, wrinkly tattoo is the worst thing in your life at that age, you're doing pretty damn well for yourself otherwise. Life is too short to follow the example of others and worry about regret. As long as you can live with the consequences of your actions, go for it.