Question Class Hall Leveling - Tier 1

Hey guys I wanted to ask what everyone thought is going to be better for a progression raider that will be hitting 110 ASAP.

The Medivh's guide says to pick "Additional chance for epic quest reward" for Tier 1 but I'm getting mixed signals from other people saying it will put me back or I won't be able to change it for 45 days, that it would take a day for it to swap and you cant learn another tier while another is in progress. The guide is really good and it's hard for me to understand there would be a error like that. So who is right?

Do I go for the "Additional chance for epic quest reward" or "Success chance increase of 20% to the first mission of the day." For a progression raider right at the start of Legion.

What is everyone's informed opinion?

Deleted
    It only takes 2h to learn the other skill on that tier. However, you cannot change learning once it started. So when you hit 110 you will likely be inmidst of your other ongoing research. The 45 days bit is how long it would take you if you learned all of the other skills first before coming back to this one.

Here's my opinion: the epic quest reward does not matter, like, at all. Its only nonrepeatable quests, not world quests. At 110, scaled quest rewards are like ilvl 790. You are not going to care too much. Yes, its great to have a titanforged relic proc to 830 but really you do not need that to happen.

The extra chance to get an epic reward from quests is better overall than the 20% chance on 1st mission per day because missions are very easy to 100% and go even further for the bonuses thanks to troops that boost success chance by a lot. Champions are basically only useful for threat countering early on until you level them up and load them with equipment which takes quite a while. Additionally the quest reward trait works with suramar quests as well which means that with a bit of luck you can get 840+ gear just from questing through the zone.

These are the exact points for each side that I keep hearing.

I guess the question is, is there ever a mission that needs the 20% that you def need to 100% and is hard to complete without the tier 1 option? Wouldn't that be only real reason to do that?

The Suramar quests with the bonus to get 840+ gear sounds pretty appealing...

going over 100% on a mission is a good thing, all of them have bonuses which can be 700ish gold (last I looked). So if you have a 120% mission you'll complete the mission and have a 20% shot at the bonus. Imo thats the one i'll be going with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't know, it takes very little effort to optimize your champions.
    Sure but getting 200% isn't always easy and plus gear can be got in a ton of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by slanik View Post
    Sure but getting 200% isn't always easy and plus gear can be got in a ton of ways.
    If you're finishing up on Suramar relatively fast after release, there's no reason not to get that extra chance for gearupgrades. You simply won't be doing a lot of missions where those 20% would be useful anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    If you're finishing up on Suramar relatively fast after release, there's no reason not to get that extra chance for gearupgrades. You simply won't be doing a lot of missions where those 20% would be useful anyway.
    It does seem that having the bonus to gear upgrades would be great for Suramar..

Quote Originally Posted by flipz View Post
    It does seem that having the bonus to gear upgrades would be great for Suramar..
    No, it'll be useless there, Suramar does not have any gear rewards. Its all AP/ancient mana items.

Bonus gear first. You can change it later. It's not like it's expensive since it's only the first tier and it doesn't take long to research.

Deleted
    Dunno, the bonus gear looks pretty inconsequential to me. You replace all that stuff within a day or two (even if you don't play that much). Might as well do the proper research that helps in the long run (the 20% bonus, which is pretty good) first.

The reason to take the 20% is not to get to 100% (you can (nearly) always do that) but to combine with other options so you get to 200% chance - which means getting the bonus mission reward is guaranteed. The bonus reward is useful for gold and artifact power on level 110 missions. However, foregoing the bonus isnt a great deal... eg might drop from 100% chance to 80% chance - so choosing the increased proc rate for epic gear is not necessarily a bad choice.

it depends heavily (imo) on whether you think the bonus gear will be useful for you

it is, imo, not likely to be terribly useful for somebody who anticipates early progression raiding and will be doing such as clearing early mythics, purchasing crafted gear to fill the gaps, etc. You're likely better off to go with the 20% increase and reap the bonus rewards from that (i.e. missions that are 100% success are now 120%) than to pick up some gear you mostly won't find terribly useful.

I'm not sure how it shakes out for the classes that get nonstandard options from the first tier, though (DK, druid, warrior)

Go for the 20% extra chance on the first mission of the day. The quest gear upgrades are completely inconsequential to getting geared at 110 since they don't affect the things that get you to 810 or beyond. Even while leveling, the 20% chance still can get you extras by putting a mission's success chance past 100% and getting you more artifact power or other rewards.

Deleted
    There are very few gear rewards in Suramar. These are also gated behind reputation which will take a week or so to grind up to Honored first, etc etc.

I will take the +20% and never look back.

Per his guide, that that option is colored only a slightly darker shade of green, which means it is a low priority step is respect to others. So while it seems recommended slightly per he guide, picking the other should not matter much....
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Will be going for the 20% myself as well, the bonus chance for epic gear is only from non repeatable quests which means once your past the levelling content it will provide no bonus to you at all. The bonus chance to missions on the other hand can be the difference between getting 1000 AP from a mission or 2000 AP so its over all a better option imho.