Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think this expansion has the best chance of any of having as little interruption as possible, barring DDOS which is mostly out of their hands as they're attacks on ISPs not Blizzard. The latest DDOS attacks on battle.net haven't actually affected me at all either, so I'm not particularly worried about them as yet. We'll see I guess. I'm on a lower pop server so not anticipating queues.

Four different zones, sharding tech, shared tagging so less bottlenecks, everyone being sent in different directions at first for artifact quests which are mostly scenarios, everyone who wanted a DH already has one so not even a mass of people there.

IIRC Wrath and Cata both had smooth launches. I didn't play Mists right at launch so I can't comment on that. WOD's biggest issue IIRC was the Garrisons. I don't think there will be an issue like that this time since the class halls will be more spread out and what not. We shall see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    IIRC Wrath and Cata both had smooth launches. I didn't play Mists right at launch so I can't comment on that. WOD's biggest issue IIRC was the Garrisons. I don't think there will be an issue like that this time since the class halls will be more spread out and what not. We shall see.
    Nope, Wrath was one of the worst launches they had, world server crash every 15 min even on lolwpop servers. Just a lot of people don't remember it with all the IRL midnight Blizzard stuff going on.
    Cata and MoP launches where smooth apart from the bugged helicopter bottleneck in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Cata and MoP launches where smooth apart from the bugged helicopter bottleneck in MoP.
    I was just telling the tale of the thousand helicopters to my [formerly] Horde friend the other day. He never got to experience the joy of spamming your missiles while praying to RNGesus that the boxes spawned right before yours hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was there for Cata, MoP & WoD launches. The only bad experience I had was WoD.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is most likely 'very', but only for reasons that are mostly outside blizzard's control.

I'm going into the launch assuming everything is going to cripple and crash for a few hours until it smooths out.

I want to have high hopes, but I'm trying to be real as possible so I don't get upset when everything goes tits up.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    I was just telling the tale of the thousand helicopters to my [formerly] Horde friend the other day. He never got to experience the joy of spamming your missiles while praying to RNGesus that the boxes spawned right before yours hit.

Haha christ I remember that. Absolute shitfest. I lost all my old screenshots which had that in it

EDIT: Also, I would also put money on it that the servers will be DDos'd by the same people who have been doing it these past 2 weeks to Blizzard. It's basically a guarantee.
    Last edited by Exerionx; 2016-08-29 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Has Blizzard ever once had a successful launch?

The answer is no. There will be plenty of shit for the first week or two, but sometimes, that's just what makes it fun, Blizzard-style, entertainment come launch days
    Well I remember Cata and MoP launches being fairly successful, sure there is lag galore with that many people packed in one zone, however the game was definitely playable.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Prolly gonna be DDOS fest.
    Hi Sephurik

Im not so much worried about stability of the game servers and bugs etc.. as I am about the script kiddies coming out and DDOSing our nuts off and ruining the evening.

The answer is no. There will be plenty of shit for the first week or two, but sometimes, that's just what makes it fun, Blizzard-style, entertainment come launch days
    Overwatch.

Deleted

May i suggest you look at Reaper Of Souls?

It will be definitely laggy, though I expect much better performance than it was in WoD.

Many banned overwatch cheaters were actually script kiddies and already announced they'll be ddosing blizzard's login and auth servers for 2+ weeks following legion launch.

So given how expensive it is to prevent large scale distributed DOS attacks, the game will most likely be unavailable for the better part of the first couple of weeks.

Not as shitty as a lot of people are going to make it out to be. I have yet to see a launch anywhere near as terrible as the SW:G launch (nevermind queues, there were none as the servers themselves were offline for several days while they got their shit together).
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Many banned overwatch cheaters were actually script kiddies and already announced they'll be ddosing blizzard's login and auth servers for 2+ weeks following legion launch.

So given how expensive it is to prevent large scale distributed DOS attacks, the game will most likely be unavailable for the better part of the first couple of weeks.
    1. 9/10 of the kids announcing this are just trolling and won't actually ddos.
    2. the last ddos was barely noticeable in game.

Ddos is really the last thing that will f*ck up this launch. If the scenario servers hold out launch will be smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    1. 9/10 of the kids announcing this are just trolling and won't actually ddos.
    2. the last ddos was barely noticeable in game.

Ddos is really the last thing that will f*ck up this launch. If the scenario servers hold out launch will be smooth.
    That ddos was a test run most likely.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if anyone gets to play within the first week at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    That ddos was a test run most likely.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if anyone gets to play within the first week at all.
    This is just blatant scaremongering.
    The Blizzard network can handle something, it would have to be a ddos of massive proportions to disrupt anything, and even then the traffic scrubbing tech nowadays can route off most of it, plus they can route through akamai or radware for example if need be. If ISP's are on the ball most of the packets won't even reach the Blizzard network.

All will be fine.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2016-08-29 at 04:54 AM.

Don't zones scale now? There shouldn't be any bottleneck. I'm moreso worried about DDOS
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My expectations are fully that there will be a good number of issues, as there always have been every major patch as long as I've been around since the 2.x patches. The one thing going for them this time though is that this was iirc the earliest that they got the pre-patch on live. We've had what 6 weeks of 7.03 on live. So that's a lot of time to at least get the basic problems worked out. Phasing on beta in the starting zones also worked well, which should along with the new tagging system relieve the quest mob bottlenecks or at least make them less painful. I always look at it as a plus if you're able to play at all in the first 12 hours of an expansion going live.