Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

There are just 4 zones in Legion?

There are apparently just 4 zones in Legion, instead of 5, required for levelling 100->110. Where are we supposed to level after 108?

Ever thought about 2.5 levels per zone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    There are apparently just 4 zones in Legion, instead of 5, required for levelling 100->110. Where are we supposed to level after 108?
    Syntax error... say what? Why would you automatically assume it's 2 levels per zone? It's not.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they change things once Legion goes live it is pretty easy to go from 100 to part way through 103 if not more in just one zone.. As apart from the zones main storyline there are quite a few side quests as well..

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of class stuff to do plus instances are recommended to finish zone stories so it's really not that bad. I think it's worth it to have a max level zone off the bat.

The 4 zones in Legion have more content than 7 zones had in previous expansions. It's not just 2 levels per zone (why would you even think that?). Besides, Artifact and Class Campaign questlines would give you plenty of XP to get 110 even if the zones had been 2 levels each.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
    Why would you automatically assume it's 2 levels per zone? It's not.
    It is always an integer number of levels, due to obvious reason. So it is either 2 or 3.

Deleted
    It is always an integer number of levels, due to obvious reason. So it is either 2 or 3.
    What is the obvious reason? Why not 2.5?

No it's not. Maybe on maps, but not in practice.

where did the arbitrary 2 levels per zone idea come from?

sounds like ocd behaviour to me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

a) it isnt always

b) Zones scale with level, so pretty much no matter what you want to finish all the quests in the zone before going to the next zone. Its not like Mists where you skip half the quests in a zone so you can jump to the next zone which provides better gear/exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Drefanator View Post
    Zones scale with level
    So are the mobs always your level in all zones?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    where did the arbitrary 2 levels per zone idea come from?
    Mob levels.

Yes. /10char
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Mob levels.
    yes
    if you gain a level, you can literally log out and in, and the mobs will be 1 level higher, /reload may work
    (is a log / reload even required?)

i'm wondering how this is going to work with leveling with friends / pvp...
    are you in different phases (a 108 can't see a 105)
    no 110's ganking 101's because you can't see em?

or will a 101 and 109 be in same area and the 109 see's mobs at 109 and 101 sees em as 101?
    that's what i'm not sure about myself lol
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    It's scaled based on what you see so you can see anyone else fine but if you say are 105 the mobs are 105 to you. If you have a friend with you who is 108 then the same mob will be 108 to them. It all scales relative to you and the % of their health and your damage adjusts to that on the fly.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Pretty sure all the mobs scale to the individual without being put in a different instance of the zone. I could swear I have seen someone say something about their new scaling system somewhere during beta.

So I can finish the entire game at level 100 and then be SoL forever? They made that error in WoD, and it was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    yes
    if you gain a level, you can literally log out and in, and the mobs will be 1 level higher, /reload may work
    (is a log / reload even required?)

or will a 101 and 109 be in same area and the 109 see's mobs at 109 and 101 sees em as 101?
    that's what i'm not sure about myself lol
    Artifact Questline has about 10-12 quests. Class Hall has at least 40+ quests. At the end of each zone you are sent to the dungeon of that zone (additional XP). I power leveled after open beta wiped the original alpha/closed beta characters. I only focused on doing the main Pillar of Creation storyline of each of the 4 zones. No Class Hall quests at all. Before I finished collecting the fourth Pillar of Creation, I had hit level 110 --> went straight to Suramar after. It's doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zones scale now. You can pick what order you do them in and everything will scale to you. The number is entirely arbitrary