Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Maybe she did not want to do redo the role. Maybe she was busy during the time of recording. Many things could have made it so that they had to change.
    The rumor has it that Blizzard didn't want to pay an actual voice actor salary for an actual voice actor, so they went with the cheap option.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my main is Forsaken.

I plague all day long, yo. Victory for Sylvanas

(I get to play the bad guy AND save the world. S'great.)

Deleted
    She is hella qt waifu material man

shes sexy, so no hate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    IKR!!! Why can't they just hire the originals to do the voices? and stay with the original voice actors unless they are dead.
    what means they didnt try? maybe the people doing the original voices didn't want to do it anymore.

Jaina Proodmore has gone loony toons all because we blew up her little kingdom, which was built by her father in a blind, blood lust rage about following and killing the horde no matter were they go.
    Not true. Jaina built it as a place for the Alliance on Kalimdor, to establish peaceful relations with the Horde. Her father simply took over when he arrived, and the aforementioned bloodlust is why she didn't stand in the way when Thrall killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    She invaded Gilneas and killed a lot of innocent people.
    She experimented on innocent people.
    She spread a plague in Southshore killing innocent people.
    She used the plague to create Undead.
    Good. I hope she does more. They push too much sunshine and rainbows between the Horde and Alliance. It's things like that, that make me like Sylvanis and the Undead.

I think they should drop the dumb story lines they've been on and focus completely on the war between the factions. Have the dungeons and raids focus on the battles between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

At Garrosh's behest.
    I don't know why people always kinda seem to forget this. Sylvanas never expressed interest in Gilneas. Garrosh wanted Gilneas and ordered her to attack it.

Perhaps, but as far as I know she has never captured anyone except prisoners of war. Garrosh captured innocents attempting to escape.
    I'm not saying this makes it okay, but there's a clear difference between what Garrosh did (killing civilians for the sake of cruelty) and the Forsaken (killing prisoners of war for science).

That had actively fought against her people for years. It's been shown many times through early Forsaken quests that the only reason they are at war with humans to begin with is because the humans despise the Forsaken. They may not choose the most politically correct way to defend their right to exist, sure, but they didn't start the war with the remaining humans near Lordaeron.

...And she gives them the option of serving the Forsaken, returning to death or even defecting. I mean yeah necromancy may not be the most ethical thing ever but if an undead chooses to be undead willingly is it really all that evil?

I'm not saying she's a good character but she's far from evil. A lot of the "evil" stuff she does is extremely subjective. She's not a good person and in fact I think most can agree she's pretty manipulative and sinister but many of her actions can be seen as, at worst, morally grey rather than the acts of a genocidal psychopath like Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    She gets hate, typically from die hard alliance fans. The thing about Sylvanas is her character has been around for quite a while and has some reasoning behind her actions. Garrosh kinda popped up from out of nowhere became Warchief and then brought a schism to the horde while escalating a war beyond his control.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Garrosh ordered the attack on gilneas
    Experimented on the people who attacked her, mostly scarlets
    Removing alliance threat from forsaken land, also wrong dose of plague was used
    Forsaken plague is an acid bomb, it doesnt raise people
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

She did far worse in her life right? I just don't get how people could hate Garrosh so bad but give Sylvanas a pass.

Why is all this brushed off like it's not some evil ass shit? But Garrosh was bashed for boming Theramore?

I have not really followed lore outside WoW but from what I've seen of Theramore when I played on Alliance they had tons of military Vehicles and supplies there. They had a War marched path from it to The Barrens. I think it seemed pretty justified as just a WoW player perspective.

I thought Pre-MoP Garrosh was one of the most badass brought up characters Blizzard had ever developed inside WoW.

Anything past Cata I tend to just ignore since Blizzard did the biggest 180 character development turn I've ever seen in my life. It made no sense outside of people crying that Green Jesus was gone and Garrosh took his place.
    Gilneans arent innocent, they cast their lot in with the alliance and were trying to take over silverpine forest aka HORDE TERRITORY during a wartime battle.
    never seen any evidence of experiments
    again, this is about conquering territory, and that was during war time, plagues are no different than dying from a knife to the back or getting your head chopped off. as a result you are still dead
    actually valkyre create the new undead, the plague just kills people. whether they are raised as forsaken is dependent on Sylvanas.

none of the things you mentioned would cause people to hate her. most are watching to see if she goes full LK or if she just stays on the edge
    shes been a well written character even from the beginning, i think most players can relate to her state of mind after what she went through.

She did far worse in her life right? I just don't get how people could hate Garrosh so bad but give Sylvanas a pass.
    She was asked for it by her Warchief.

Some of her people did, not her directly.

Again, she didn't, another Forsaken made a mistake on the mixture formula.

No, she uses Val'kyr.

Go back to your hatred corner, alliance fanboy. kktnxbye.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because she is cute and hot. Every nerd would have kids with her.

its easy, garrosh belongs to the lowish orc race. Its like comparing a noble European Knight to some mongolian warlord on a "lets make 15 meter high skull pyramides"-trip.

Jaina Proodmore has gone loony toons all because we blew up her little kingdom, which was built by her father in a blind, blood lust rage about following and killing the horde no matter were they go. Also she is pissy that we killed her sweety pooh, Arthas.

And other conspiracy theories blaming the WHOLE Horde for the commands of one ex-leader. I understand her hate, and that is fine.
    Jaina is the only person on the Alliance whose side I can understand. Her city and all it's citizens gets blown up by the Horde warchief. Then the Alliance has to support the Horde with supplies because they couldn't hold their own city against Garrosh. The Alliance helps the Horde get their capital back yet there is no consequences like the Horde having to pay the Alliance for the things they did at the beginning of the expansion. And to top it all off the king of the Alliance dies because the Horde who covered our flank just ran like cowards. Any rational thinking person of the Alliance wouldn't work hand in hand with the Horde but Mr. Hippypants Anduin Wrynn extends his hand to cooperate telling Jaina that vengeance has to wait while we all know that there will never be any vengeance.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Look at the dozens of fresh original comments about her being a hot woman over and over and over *golf clap*. Enough with the tired joke.

Garrosh had a lot of the time in a lime light but received little build up for his chracter evolution, there was a lot of opportunity to show him going from trying to be a good if brutal leader, to giving into the pressure and turning into an unreasonable despot but we didnt see that.

On the other hand, sylvanas has had more or less good development and stayed true to her character. Her at broken shore, was at best, being cordial and even then she had remarks to pass on the whole time.

And she IS hated for what she did. Where did you get the idea that she isnt? Garrosh is just hated more because of the lack of writing concerning his conversion into full dictator mode.

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    being described as a walking maggot infected corpse with half her face falling off in the lore.
    Id like to see a source of this lore

the canon Legion intro cinematic certainly doesnt suggest it

or even her in-game model .. plenty of undead look rotten in-game, Sylvanas just looks like a blue elf

which makes sense since she isnt an undead like them, but rather a banshee possesing her corpse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    Jaina is the only person on the Alliance whose side I can understand. Her city and all it's citizens gets blown up by the Horde warchief. Then the Alliance has to support the Horde with supplies because they couldn't hold their own city against Garrosh. The Alliance helps the Horde get their capital back yet there is no consequences like the Horde having to pay the Alliance for the things they did at the beginning of the expansion. And to top it all off the king of the Alliance dies because the Horde who covered our flank just ran like cowards. Any rational thinking person of the Alliance wouldn't work hand in hand with the Horde but Mr. Hippypants Anduin Wrynn extends his hand to cooperate telling Jaina that vengeance has to wait while we all know that there will never be any vengeance.
    Surprisingly, the invaders bombing dozens of cities from demonic space ships and dropping armies in our faces is kinda more important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her character so far has been handled rather well by Blizzard. Compared to Garrosh, she's interesting in lots of ways that he was not. Not that Garrosh couldn't have been more interesting but they more or less abruptly turned him into a cartoon in an effort to ramp up people's feelings about him. I'm interested to see where Sylvanas's story goes from here. I was never that interested in Garrosh after he went batshit crazy. It was predictable and boring. The Garrosh that was in the book War Crimes was a lot more interesting than the one in the game.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-08-29 at 07:13 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't really say she's all that "well handled". I mean, compared to Garrosh that's true. However, "well handled" would also mean she gets her share of ingame criticism that isn't portrayed negatively. That doesn't really happen and now that she's become Warchief it's even less likely. Sure, there's Greymane, but I fully expect it will end with "silly Alliance, focusing on faction hatreds when there's Legion to worry about". She's been allowed to get away with stuff that would get other characters killed - not only that, but she has literal Cheat Death in the form of Val'kyrs.

She feels like another creator's pet to me. Far more subtle than Thrall ever was, but still doing far more than she should. I might change my mind if she does suffer some actual defeats that she doesn't simply bounce back from without effort. Especially if these come from Alliance... which aren't really likely.