Thread: DPS charts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    They keep buffing and nerfing continuously so it's hard to say who will be on top when you can actually be level capped. But I believe skill is as important, so any class can perform well unless it's horribly unbalanced.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had put this on my guilds site, this was as of 8/20, so changes after that dont apply in this graph
    (Note for others who said this, Simcraft has been working)

Deleted
    how often do we have to say this? those sims are just extremely wrong. Rogues with sockets in their gear, boomkins with wrong gear, APL from most classes are not done, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    I had put this on my guilds site, this was as of 8/20, so changes after that dont apply in this graph
    That one was out of date the same moment it was posted. If I remember correctly it didn't account for all stat weights. Arms, for instance, should be higher than fury yet it's nowhere near. It failed to account for some things and as such was inaccurate from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Sims in 2016 LUL

Works for patchwerk fights, wich there are none in Legion so far.
    And movement, and multi-target...and pretty much everywhere inbetween.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    And movement, and multi-target...and pretty much everywhere inbetween.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Sims in 2016 LUL. Works for patchwerk fights, wich there are none in Legion so far.
    You both fundamentally misunderstand that SimC actually DO run different types of sims. They don't just sim patch style fights. They sim sustained AoE, they sim add-wave AoE, and using the desktop client you can sim one of the preset choices such as Beastlord, or if you have the technical knowledge you can even design your own 'fight' to sim. So please don't assume SimC is limited to patchwerk single target fights, because it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You both fundamentally misunderstand that SimC actually DO run different types of sims. They don't just sim patch style fights. They sim sustained AoE, they sim add-wave AoE, and using the desktop client you can sim one of the preset choices such as Beastlord, or if you have the technical knowledge you can even design your own 'fight' to sim. So please don't assume SimC is limited to patchwerk single target fights, because it's not.
    That is why when i run mine i set it to HecticAddCleave or Beastlord more recently with player skill set at Good. I compare that to what i see in raids and on logs.

The problem isn't that it isn't working. It's that it is not 100% accurate and never is for the first weeks of the expansion. A lot of specs will be, but some will be slightly behind.

As someone mentioned above. Some of the stat weights for different classes are off so it was out of date immediately. Though it was up to date for what info it possessed, but it was still inaccurate data.

Not to mention since it's 8/20 doesn't take into account the nerfs/buffs after that and the main one being the Legendary buff/nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Not to mention since it's 8/20 doesn't take into account the nerfs/buffs after that and the main one being the Legendary buff/nerfs.
    Yes...i know.......i said that.....

Yes...i know.......i said that.....
    No, you just said that it was working and was updated to 8/20. What we were saying the moment it was made it was out of date and already contained inaccurate information. So posting the image was essentially useless even for ideas. Since the information in it is wrong because the sims aren't working properly it does nothing to help serve the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No, you just said that it was working and was updated to 8/20. What we were saying the moment it was made it was out of date and already contained inaccurate information. So posting the image was essentially useless even for ideas. Since the information in it is wrong because the sims aren't working properly it does nothing to help serve the argument.
    The update to legendaries was on the 26th...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Isn't the real problem that people may want to pick a spec now to get the artifact setup etc, instead of doing that shortly before launch?
    It seems like they missed the goal if they are aiming to be ready for Raids, instead of Legion launch.
    If you're really not sure just start hoarding the AP tokens until you've made up your mind. You can always just go up to your first golden trait. Going that far will only take a few thousand APs. By the time raids open your AP income is going to be boosted by artifact knowledge and you'll make up for those few thousand AP very quickly.

The update to legendaries was on the 26th...
    Yes, but the rest of my post and others are accurate concerning yours. Even the post you quoted was completely accurate and relevant to the chart you posted, excluding legendaries. All the sim data on that chart is wrong and is still wrong because not all the sims are working 100%.

Deleted
    How should I interpret that right side? Guardian Druids take about 10x (!) as much dmg as Prot Warriors and also have almost no self-heal or absorbs? How can that be balanced?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    How should I interpret that right side? Guardian Druids take about 10x (!) as much dmg as Prot Warriors and also have almost no self-heal or absorbs? How can that be balanced?
    I'll preface this by saying I cannot attest to the accuracy of the numbers posted in that chart.

TLDR: The right side means nothing without an understanding of each tanks mechanics and how they handle incoming damage, as well as how Simcraft treats damage, healing and absorbs. Without knowing the tanks, the numbers are basically meaningless.

As for why the numbers look the way they do:

Warriors' main active mitigation mechanic is an absorb. Simcraft does not count absorbed damage as part of damage taken (instead it should be adding the absorbs to the healing section). Even though bears, paladins and DHs mitigate a significant portion of the damage they take, since it is reduced rather than absorbed it still shows as damage taken. Bears are particularly high in this regard because they are mean to be big ass meat shields. Their health pool is designed for them to take large amounts of damage without dropping them to dangerous levels.

The Theck-Meloree Index is basically a measure of how spiky a tank is in terms of damage intake. It weighs the large damage spikes you take against how often you take them. Lower numbers are better as they mean the tank generally takes fewer/smaller damage spikes. It makes sense that warriors would be lower on this front (and druids higher) because of the way they handle incoming damage.

edit: should say "meant to be big..."but I'm leaving it in because it's a funny typo (big mean bear RAWR).
    Last edited by Permatree; 2016-08-29 at 09:29 AM.
    Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
    -- George Bernard Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Always relevant:

facts lmfao