Deleted

Obliterum is not gonna be good money maker

Obliterum is made by destroying crafted items, so for money making purposes obliterum is pretty bad. The prices of obliterum might be higher for a moment, when only handful of people have the quest chain done, after that when more people get the forge the competition drags the obliterums price down to what is sum of the crafted items cost in AH.

So you wont be making any profit buying items and destroying them into obliterum. Only way to make money is if you gather resources yourself, and craft the items yourself.

Also, double gathering is pretty bad since you are gonna get lots of blood of sargeras without any way to use them except when upgrading items with obliterum. Double crafters are in the worst situation, they are left with more niche ways of acquiring blood of sargeras since BoS is mostly gathered resource.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefruit View Post
    Obliterum is made by destroying crafted items, so for money making purposes obliterum is pretty bad. The prices of obliterum might be higher for a moment, when only handful of people have the quest chain done, after that when more people get the forge the competition drags the obliterums price down to what is sum of the crafted items cost in AH.

So you wont be making any profit buying items and destroying them into obliterum. Only way to make money is if you gather resources yourself, and craft the items yourself.

Also, double gathering is pretty bad since you are gonna get lots of blood of sargeras without any way to use them except when upgrading items with obliterum. Double crafters are in the worst situation, they are left with more niche ways of acquiring blood of sargeras since BoS is mostly gathered resource.
    I thought obliterum was to be used to upgrade craftable gear, so you will make gold selling the upgraded gear. Also because the upgraded piece of gear will sell for more than the destroyed piece of gear used to make the obliterium I would have thought it would sell for more than the sum of it's parts. It sells according to what its capable of making, not from what it was made from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    I thought obliterum was to be used to upgrade craftable gear, so you will make gold selling the upgraded gear. Also because the upgraded piece of gear will sell for more than the destroyed piece of gear used to make the obliterium I would have thought it would sell for more than the sum of it's parts. It sells according to what its capable of making, not from what it was made from.
    You can't use Obliterum on BoE Gear...

Upgrading makes item soulbound.

Obliterum will be the mother of all shuffles for those that know what they are doing.
    I'm just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    You can't use Obliterum on BoE Gear...
    If thats the case then its yet another stupid decision by Blizzard, does that mean crafters wont be able to sell upgraded crafted gear then ? whats the bloody point of professions then? So in other words crafted gear will be worthless?

Deleted
    If thats the case then its yet another stupid decision by Blizzard, does that mean crafters wont be able to sell upgraded crafted gear then ? whats the bloody point of professions then? So in other words crafted gear will be worthless?
    You sell the gear and then you sell the obliterum?

The limiting factor is not the obliterum, it's far more likely to be the blood of sargeras limiting the speed at which items are upgraded.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rale89 View Post
    Obliterum will be the mother of all shuffles for those that know what they are doing.
    I'm just saying...
    Care to explain?

Because lets say you need 10 chest items to make 1 obliterum. Chests market price is 100g, so 10x1000g= 10 000g, thats the market price of obliterum.

If you try to sell obliterum for more than 10k g, no ones gonna buy it when they realize they can buy the chests and other correctly priced items and forge them themselves. You might get away with pricing obliterum higher than its "reagent" costs at the very start of Legion, but once more people get access to the forge, the competition will force the prices down to the items market price level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    The limiting factor is not the obliterum, it's far more likely to be the blood of sargeras limiting the speed at which items are upgraded.
    If bos is common drop from gathered mines/herbs, then how so? I think people will be floating lots of useless bos's.
    Last edited by mmoce42ab218f1; 2016-08-29 at 01:16 PM.

Care to explain?
    Tome of Clear Mind could be purchased off a vendor, but I still made a a crapton of gold off them in the AH. This is all the explanation that you need. There is money to made and someone will find a way to do it for less than everyone or will still take advantage of idiots.
    Always' Weak Auras - My Pastebin

Care to explain?

Because lets say you need 10 chest items to make 1 obliterum. Chests market price is 100g, so 10x1000g= 10 000g, thats the market price of obliterum.

If you try to sell obliterum for more than 10k g, no ones gonna buy it when they realize they can buy the chests and other correctly priced items and forge them themselves. You might get away with pricing obliterum higher than its "reagent" costs, but once more people get access to the forge, the competition will force the prices down to the items market price level.

- - - Updated - - -

If bos is common drop from gathered mines/herbs, then how so? I think people will be floating lots of useless bos's.
    they are not common at all for gathering. They however drops from dangeons pretty regularly. To put things in perspective, after playing 2 months of beta with only 1 character while doing plenty of WQs and dangeons, i have around 200 bloods.

According to your mat 1 Obliterium would be 1K though not 10 unless there was a typo somewhere

The idea of Professions is to provide the ability to patch the slots of gear that fall behind in a way that requires a slightly different game-time investment. I know this is confusing, since Professions have been neglected for so many expansions wherein they were largely just useful for the sake of sustaining their own gold cost but once upon a time they were actually useful. Now they will be again.

Care to explain?

If you try to sell obliterum for more than 10k g, no ones gonna buy it when they realize they can buy the chests and other correctly priced items and forge them themselves. You might get away with pricing obliterum higher than its "reagent" costs at the very start of Legion, but once more people get access to the forge, the competition will force the prices down to the items market price level.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think you know what shuffle means in game terms...

Quote Originally Posted by Always View Post
    Tome of Clear Mind could be purchased off a vendor, but I still made a a crapton of gold off them in the AH. This is all the explanation that you need. There is money to made and someone will find a way to do it for less than everyone or will still take advantage of idiots.
    That and the good ol' fact that people are lazy as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    The idea of Professions is to provide the ability to patch the slots of gear that fall behind in a way that requires a slightly different game-time investment. I know this is confusing, since Professions have been neglected for so many expansions wherein they were largely just useful for the sake of sustaining their own gold cost but once upon a time they were actually useful. Now they will be again.
    I don't agree with this whatsoever, professions are there to make gold, for some people this is most of their game, selling gear for a profit is what professions are for. Players use the gold they make to buy gear to patch the slots of gear that fall behind but the main aim of professions themselves is to make gold. Same as in real life, with money you get from your job you use to put food on the table but the primary reason for a job is to make money.

I don't agree with this whatsoever, professions are there to make gold, for some people this is most of their game, selling gear for a profit is what professions are for. Players use the gold they make to buy gear to patch the slots of gear that fall behind but the main aim of professions themselves is to make gold. Same as in real life, with money you get from your job you use to put food on the table but the primary reason for a job is to make money.
    Don't get me wrong, I whole-heartedly believe that the market is important to Professions and that Gold and Professions should be intrinsically bound, but Professions should cover a wider variety of content than "Gold for Gold's Sake". It can prop up (and tie into) other game systems without feelings copy/pasted and generic for the sake of "balance" between the professions.