Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    AWS was birthed out of doing exactly that.
    And they actually used that for Overwatch launch. We'll se if they'll do it for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Has Blizzard ever once had a successful launch?

The answer is no. There will be plenty of shit for the first week or two, but sometimes, that's just what makes it fun, Blizzard-style, entertainment come launch days
    BC started pretty flawless. So did Wrath. So did Cataclysm... and actually i can't recall having any problems with Pandaria either...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall having any major issues with any launch. Could be because we play on a med population server, I don't know. Want to avoid ques? Log on a good hour or so before launch...doubt if there will be a reset. As far as ddos'ing goes, yes. the asshats are going to do their best to ruin a great thing but I think Blizzard is "prepared."
    Also we in NA will get to see what happens to our friends across the pond. If their launch goes well, ours will too.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    BC started pretty flawless. So did Wrath. So did Cataclysm... and actually i can't recall having any problems with Pandaria either...
    I didn't play WoD launch, but have been online and leveling for every single other expac from the minute servers went up.

All of them were smooth as butter. So really, WoD was the exception rather than the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I didn't play WoD launch, but have been online and leveling for every single other expac from the minute servers went up.

All of them were smooth as butter. So really, WoD was the exception rather than the rule.
    Yea, seems to me too the more i think about it. And even the Overwatch-Launch was rocky for... around 40 minutes. And its something entirely different. The only really hard starts were Diablo 3 and WoD. Still a pretty good statistic considering Blizzard probably has to account for more traffic than most if not all other multiplayer-games at launch.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

If the phasing breaks like it did during early beta then it will be the worst launch in wow history. :P

Deleted
    It can't be worse than Pandaria launch. I still remember being stuck on that helicopter quest for hours.

Deleted
    Let's keep our fingers crossed it's better than WoD was! Though i am expecting some turbulence along the way, i hope i won't have to wait 2 weeks to be able to properly play the game

It will be very laggy. Hopefully the Stormheim scenario doesnt bug like it did in beta . Would suck to be in a scenario that doesnt work.

Deleted
    My guess is it will suck. The worst possible outcome for Blizzard is the best possible outcome for the players.

Blizzard really, really want stories about how so many people were logging on it crashed the servers. It makes the game seem popular. People will always follow the herd to something popular.

People will make videos complaining but Blizzard won't give a shit because those people continue playing.

If I were Blizzard I'd just shut the game down for two days.

Depends on the server. WoD launch wasn't that bad on my server. And I think that Legion will be even better.

If the servers are stable it shouldn't be that shit, the shared tagging kinda takes care of any bottlenecks during the questing experience, the only problem could be if the instance servers shit themselves preventing people from finishing zones as they won't be able to do the dungeons.