Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are the stats on the Ring worthwhile? I mean can i wear it as raid equipment? If so, 250k is a bargain.

With 15 minute hearths I'm not even sure how much QoL value it has unless you're keeping your hearth in the Shrine. Which I wouldn't blame you for, honestly. Unless Newdal has all the Shrine ports and more it can't beat Shrine as a home base. So while I also find the cost ludicrously high, I can see why some people might shell out. It's so high I'd rather keep my hearth in Shrine, port to whichever city has transport to the Broken Isles and take the flight path every time until personal flight happens. Assuming there isn't another long weekend no more flight ever interview with Polygon halfway through the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Have you been living under a rock for the entire expansion? It's common knowledge that Garrisons were effectively just gold factories. Besides, you don't have to "live on the AH" at all to use it effectively and efficiently to make a constant income.
    LOL dawg you STILL haven't answered the question! YES that is a way people earned gold, now tell us how YOU did it lololol you're so dense.

Edit: actually kys no one cares

People in this thread don't seem to realize this item exists:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=140192/dalaran-hearthstone

The reason this price is ridiculous is because the stats are shit and you get a teleport with a longer cooldown than a free item with the same teleport. Plus it shares a CD with the old Dalaran ring.

I'd say 250k would be worth it if it was an account bound heirloom I could create on all my toons. But just as a ring with rather bad stats and itemlevel for that price I won't buy it.

And compared to the old Dalaran ring I think 250k is even quite low compared to the 8k in wotlk, I've known many people that couldn't afford epic flying during BC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So your comparison is a mount and ring which serve nothing than vanity to actually playing the game?
    What comparison?

Deleted
    I had like 10k gold in Tbc and 50k gold in Wotlk. Haven't been playing in WoD except for leveling some characters and I only have 25k gold. I guess I am poor as fuck according to this thread?

I had no idea the whole economy was this inflated... Comparing 8.5k in Wotlk to 250k in Legion seems crazy. You could easily earn 2-3k per day in Wotlk doing professions for 30 minutes, so according to this thread I should be earning 50k-100k in a day or two?

Anyone who thinks the average person in wow has 1 million or more gold is mistaken. Yes many people played the garrison hard but many more didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

The reason this price is ridiculous is because the stats are shit and you get a teleport with a longer cooldown than a free item with the same teleport. Plus it shares a CD with the old Dalaran ring.
    FYI you don't have to buy the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I had like 10k gold in Tbc and 50k gold in Wotlk. Haven't been playing in WoD except for leveling some characters and I only have 25k gold. I guess I am poor as fuck according to this thread?

I had no idea the whole economy was this inflated... Comparing 8.5k in Wotlk to 250k in Legion seems crazy. You could easily earn 2-3k per day in Wotlk doing professions for 30 minutes, so according to this thread I should be earning 50k-100k in a day or two?
    I'd love to earn 2-3k per day for 30 minute now...

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    *850 is the equivalent of heroic dungeons in WOD which i just looked up was 630 ilvl
    How do you figure exactly? 850 is the ilvl of gear that's going to drop in normal mode Emerald Nightmare. How in the world do you equate that to heroic level WoD gear?

If it compares to anything, the closest to a 1:1 comparison is normal mode Highmaul (The first Draenor raid), which was ilvl 655. Thus, ilvl 850 in Legion is the equivalent of ilvl 655 in WoD.

It's not required...

10+ Year Old Account
    it's too much because it will be replaced the first week raids/mythic dungeons are open. with that said, a ton of them will be purchased.

they want people to spend their gold on other things besides tokens, so they put the ring in as a goldsink. Im not buyin the fuckin thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonç View Post
    Errr what? 1 million gold and you're 'middle class'? Since when has having 1 million gold been anything other than extremely rich? I don't even have more than 8k across all my characters at the moment. How do people even make that much money other than living on the AH?
    People over exaggerate just how many people took advantage of Garrison gold. I'm willing to bet the vast majority doesn't even have more than 50-100k.

But sure, if we go by these forums, 99% of people in WoW have 5m+.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran ring cost in WotLK: 8.5k
    Dalaran ring cost in Legion: 250k

Have they gone fucking mad at Blizzard? If it's going to cost 250k, it should have NO COOLDOWN and even then it would be too much.
    8.5k was roughly the same back then.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    it's too much because it will be replaced the first week raids/mythic dungeons are open. with that said, a ton of them will be purchased.
    Realistically, anybody replacing it literally week one is going to be a progression raider, and one with good RNG luck at that. Mythic dungeons drop ilvl 840 with a chance to be Warforged and normal mode Emerald Nightmare will drop an equivalent ring.

The overwhelming majority of people, those gated to Normal mode or even LFR, are not going to see an upgrade to this thing until Nighthold drops in January.

7+ Year Old Account

yes but plenty of people may go back to dalaran more then every 15 minutes.... and "stats are shit" uhh what? the stats are the EXACT SAME as gear of the same ilvl from raids.. what are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post

if you were making that much / day in wotlk, then.. yeah, kinda, 25k / day in WoD wasnt that farfetched assuming you had 4-5 alts doing garrison
    I've no idea what to write here.

Gold sinks? Just add 2 more tiers of currency. At 100-1 ratio fel copper and fel silver would sink that gold pretty quick. get your spider mount for 200 fel silver!