Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The flag is very important/ a fetish to some Americans, its not something us lowly Yuropers/Canadians/Aussies will ever figure out why.,
    We are loyal to what the flag represents. It doesn't just represent the US, but also represents what the US itself represents (or is supposed to represent), which is freedom and such.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Probably because they don't live in America
    Yes, which does not change what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    You know it's bad when you can't fly your own countries fcken flag because you might "offend" somebody.
    I hope these kids never have to go to a Hospital, Post Office, Community Center, City Hall or any other government building. Hell, what do they have flying at their own high school?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm a born and raised American, and even served in the United States Marine Corps. I used to be a brainwashed "patriot" who worshiped the flag. Now it is just a piece of cloth. That doesn't mean I hate the government, I simply see no reason to be brainwashed.

You may not want to comment about flag worship and fetishsized worship of a country... with that avatar and signature.
    I just have it for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    We are loyal to what the flag represents. It doesn't just represent the US, but also represents what the US itself represents (or is supposed to represent), which is freedom and such.
    But has the United States actually really ever represented freedom? Sure, they have more freedoms than many countries, but their history of oppression is still pretty long and distinguished.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wncn.com/2016/08/29/sc-high-s...football-game/

The flag was on display, that day and every day, at the school. This thread's title is intentionally misleading.

7+ Year Old Account
    ...Policy of what?
    Political policy, such as migration.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Political policy.
    I think he wanted you to be a little more specific. Should you base a political policy on what flag someone is waving, or if they don't wave any flag at all?

You mean like How Canada feels when they look at the United States?
    I can feel the burning envy from here... oh man. This inferiority complex is gonna last your whole life isn't it? Just remember, it's natural to feel resentment towards winners, its a defense mechanism to cope with losing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think people shouldn't need to feel obligated to be loyal to any government
    Tell that to the IRS then let us know how it goes.

I think he wanted you to be a little more specific. Should you base a political policy on what flag someone is waving, or if they don't wave any flag at all?
    Migration policy would be one example.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    I can feel the burning envy from here... oh man. This inferiority complex is gonna last your whole life isn't it? Just remember, it's natural to feel resentment towards winners, its a defense mechanism to cope with losing.
    I was born and raised in America.

No words for this insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Tell that to the IRS then let us know how it goes.
    Paying taxes is not loyalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest

I wish they ban all national anthems from games.

As for your own countries flag that kinda sounds dumb

While rather stupid to ban it, what is the point of an american flag during a HS football game? I mean, unless its against HS schools from other countries.
    What the acual fuck is with your commie avatar and sig?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Paying taxes is not loyalty.
    Paying taxes to the IRS is US loyalty. What do you think pays for our military?

I was born and raised in America.
    Even worse... self flagellation... liberal? White guilt? Vegan? Am I close?

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what else can be used to taunt other players? Mouths.

Ban mouths and sounds please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if those people who usually call stuff like it indoctrination are now against this

Source?
    And i'm not talking about international events. Because I know its not common at all here in west/north european countries.
    Nevermind, I recant the statement. I forget how much the rest of the world has international events compared to the US. I was thinking I hear them a lot, but yeah its pretty much always at an international match. I was also thinking specifically of Japan, where they play it at most (if not all) domestic sporting events similar to the US, but they also seem to be more exception than rule.