Thoughts on IMPlosion?

Now I don't know all that much about warlocks so I've come here. Seeing anywhere from 8-12 imps hit me instantly for 20-30k each leaves me dead quite quickly, mind you this is in random bgs and I'm not sure what kind of preparation is required to pull this off or the cap on imps.

So my question to those with more knowledge is, fair or not fair?

9 imps for instant 236k hp

I'm seeing demo locks doing insane damage, way more than affli/destro. Saw one pulling almost 30 mill in a WSG battle, and most of their damage does come from Implosion, followed by Doom.

Fair or not fair, I don't know. I do play lock, but haven't touched demo at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I'm seeing demo locks doing insane damage, way more than affli/destro. Saw one pulling almost 30 mill in a WSG battle, and most of their damage does come from Implosion, followed by Doom.

Yeah I've seen the excuse that the hp of the imps is being counted as damage on top but I'm not so sure lol

That takes 9 soul shards and at least 3 casts of Hand Of Gul'dan it's a lot of setup. Not something any warlock will be able to get off in serious PvP, does look like it could be fun to pull off while sitting in a bush at BS.

I actually tried my own lock in bgs to test the imps hp counting towards charts. It was infact acting that way. If you implode someone for 200k, but the dead imps lose (made up number) 1m hp, it put 1.2m dmg on the bg chart. Of course that's fake damage because you only did 200k, but it sure makes people look at you on the chart, lol. I actually reported this bug, but I haven't tested to see if it's fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r View Post
    That takes 9 soul shards and at least 3 casts of Hand Of Gul'dan it's a lot of setup. Not something any warlock will be able to get off in serious PvP, does look like it could be fun to pull off while sitting in a bush at BS.
    I'd have to check, but I believe it can be one with one 4 shard hand and a dreadstalker cast. You get four imps from hand, 3 more with the pve trinket, and two from dreadstalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by KampKanye View Post
    I'd have to check, but I believe it can be one with one 4 shard hand and a dreadstalker cast. You get four imps from hand, 3 more with the pve trinket, and two from dreadstalkers.
    I didn't know about the trinket, thats crazy. So yeah with the right procs this would be doable with 4 shards.

Trinkets don't work in instanced PvP, so it would only work in world PvP.

I will flay your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Yeah I've seen the excuse that the hp of the imps is being counted as damage on top but I'm not so sure lol
    It is like that, for sure. Just test it yourself by playing with and without implosion. The dmg of demo isnt that great tbh, its like he does nothing to your HP and then out of a sudden your halth goes down beacuse of implosion, but for that, he has to cast kinda a lot. its like taking no damage from a demo for 20 seconds and then in 1 global you lose 25-30% of your hp. But then, for another like 20+ seconds the WL does nothing at all again. Artefact weapon not counted into that ofc. But demo has much more burst potential than destru imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I've fought a demo lock they don't do anything yet still kill me. Even locks who don't fake cast at all just summon an army of demons which solo me while the lock is CCed. How does this work?

The demons and shard generation spells do almost no damage. If imp bombs are "unfair"/gets nerfed, then there needs to be major changes to the rest of the spec. All these changes have been discussed frequently on the wow beta and warlock forums.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

The Implosion talent is in the same tier as Improved Dreadstalkers (which brings two imps along), so you can't have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaronde View Post
    The Implosion talent is in the same tier as Improved Dreadstalkers (which brings two imps along), so you can't have both.
    You're right, I forgot all about that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reposed View Post
    Trinkets don't work in instanced PvP, so it would only work in world PvP.
    You have the patch note saying they did that? Last I recall, Lore said they can't blanket disable pve trinkets in instanced pvp. Then again, Lore also said the reason DK's didn't get mobility for legion is because they're supposed to hit hard when they catch you.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...age=6#post-115

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r View Post
    I didn't know about the trinket, thats crazy. So yeah with the right procs this would be doable with 4 shards.
    Well, six shards, assuming the trinket works in random bgs. Even if you didn't have it, you can create four imps every 5 or so seconds if you get lucky with empowerment. OP's lock was probably sitting there freecasting emp/bolt+hand and nobody noticed until he blew them up.
    Last edited by KampKanye; 2016-08-30 at 12:03 AM.

You have the patch note saying they did that? Last I recall, Lore said they can't blanket disable pve trinkets in instanced pvp. Then again, Lore also said the reason DK's didn't get mobility for legion is because they're supposed to hit hard when they catch you.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...age=6#post-115

- - - Updated - - -
    I thought it was common knowledge at this point, but I could probably find it. That said, no trinkets, enchants, gliders/boots, set bonuses, etc work in instanced PvP.

I will flay your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post

People have been saying that the scoreboard damage is off.

The big one is that its counting the explosion of the imp twice. So its counting it as pet damage and your own on the scoreboard. There are a few other things that people have reported as well. I haven't found a source so I'm not sure if its true or not, but if its true you can assume they are doing 15-20% less damage than what the scoreboard shows.

Deleted
    Every imps cost one souldshard and you can have max 5 at once and you can generate max 4 imps from Hand of guldan and they last 12sec and you have to time it with demonic synergy for high damage. So it's a lot of set-up and you need to cast hand of guldan for imps and cast shadowbolt for shards, so in "real" pvp it's not gonna be easy to get many out at once. But I suspect there will be some complaints later from random bg's when you can dot many targets with doom (generats one sdhard after aroundf 15sec) and maybe free-cast for while and kill everyone in one blow that is to close to the target