Page 24 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was looking at the WW site Bab has. I'm confused on how he worded the part with the artifact paths. One says leveling and gearing up at the start, one says if an alt spec. Which one do we take as a main spec raider, that will be raiding as soon as it opens? I assume its the counter clockwise one cause it says "or to be ready to raid as quickly as possible.".
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    But Hit Combo is not on the same talent line that is Chi Orbit. But I understand what you mean though, it's great for letting people learn the class without more buttons to push. I'm glad you can mix and match it, to some greater or lesser degree, but this is pretty out there. I think the same thing could be said about the talent line of Energizing Brew, Power Strikes, and Ascension. IIRC Energizing brew is the best by a mile, especially for burst, while Power Strikes is too weak and Ascension is just piss poor throughout compared to either.
    Yeah wow I derped hard there for some reason. Anyway generally passive talents should be less effective than actives, or useful in niche encounters, but chi orbit is just weak all around.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    i just noticed transfer the power on beta is 3% per stack instead of 5%. is this what it's actually giving now or does it still have that tooltip bug where it is really just giving 1% per stack?
    The trait was buffed and tooltip fixed to show it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I was looking at the WW site Bab has. I'm confused on how he worded the part with the artifact paths. One says leveling and gearing up at the start, one says if an alt spec. Which one do we take as a main spec raider, that will be raiding as soon as it opens? I assume its the counter clockwise one cause it says "or to be ready to raid as quickly as possible.".
    You would be correct. However, at the start of the expansion things are unique. By the time raids open, both paths are about equal, with counter clockwise (left) being slightly stronger for a little bit.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Hey Babylonius, love WaklingTheWind.com, probably one of the most informational fan sites. Question for you, how are WWs doing in Legion beta compared to other melees (especially DKs and Warriors)?

Quote Originally Posted by hotfries88 View Post
    Hey Babylonius, love WaklingTheWind.com, probably one of the most informational fan sites. Question for you, how are WWs doing in Legion beta compared to other melees (especially DKs and Warriors)?
    http://www.walkingthewind.com/guides/faqs/

No one knows for sure because the sample size is very small from beta. Once raids open up we will get a better idea on how any class is doing. Keep mind there will be tuning and hotfixes to come after raids open. Overall, we will be fine.

Maybe it changes in Legion but I don't think channelling CJL for less than one sec or even a single tick is a problem because our auto attack damage is so low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    Maybe it changes in Legion but I don't think channelling CJL for less than one sec or even a single tick is a problem because our auto attack damage is so low.
    AA damage may be low, but CJL damage is lower.

Are you sure it's Agility > Mastery > Versatility >= Critical Strike > Haste? Because I honestly can't believe haste is the worst for WW. Considering during beta the stat priority was Agility > Mastery > Haste > Critical Strike > Versatility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenStormstout View Post
    Are you sure it's Agility > Mastery > Versatility >= Critical Strike > Haste? Because I honestly can't believe haste is the worst for WW. Considering during beta the stat priority was Agility > Mastery > Haste > Critical Strike > Versatility.
    We're pretty sure. Haste's problem is that it effects less abilities and it doesn't really increase anything in a unique way. As haste gets higher it becomes more difficult to perform the rotation and it doesn't effect SotW which is one of our hardest hitters. Mastery effects evrything except auto attacks, Vers and Crit effect everythign.

I was expecting strike of the windlord to look more impressive. I love nuking the hell out of everything...but it just looks like tiger palm lol.

It looks nothing like tiger palm...

I never realised just how depressing the lack of fist weapon's being displayed would be. We should launch a campaign to fix it but I'd still be doubtful it would be done. It would be a matter if making new animations that avoid body clipping which I don't think would be too difficult. At the very least new standing animations would be a bare minimum. Anyone else think Fists of the Heavens and the other models are amongst the best looking artifact weapons? Especially the Xuen weapons they are beasty.

Lot of the artifact weapons look stupid and too impractical to me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C_olU0R7lXI

You are right, it's actually less impressive than tiger palm (around 4:15).

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    We're pretty sure. Haste's problem is that it effects less abilities and it doesn't really increase anything in a unique way. As haste gets higher it becomes more difficult to perform the rotation and it doesn't effect SotW which is one of our hardest hitters. Mastery effects evrything except auto attacks, Vers and Crit effect everythign.
    Ah, thanks for the explaination. Your post on WtW didn't really explain why vers is better and haste sucks. It just said "this is the best".

*sigh* I've also just noticed that the way we hold the Monkey King Staff is a custom animation as well =(

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    i am sorry to brother you. but how much better are AGI to our secondary stats? i heard 1 agi = 2 mastery or something is that correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dishi View Post
    i am sorry to brother you. but how much better are AGI to our secondary stats? i heard 1 agi = 2 mastery or something is that correct?
    Its not quite 2 mastery, but its easier to go by that than a number with many decimals.

Is windwalking passive unique or does it stack with another windwalker? So your raid has 20% instead of 10%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenwins View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C_olU0R7lXI

You are right, it's actually less impressive than tiger palm (around 4:15).
    I don't get this.
    Strike of the Windlord is the strongest hitting ability in the whole game and we don't even get an animation?
    We get ONE LITTLE outline.
    I can't say anything possitive about the ability.
    It's overtuned, it deals a way too much damage, it has no real place in the playstyle, both gameplaywise and visually. It's boring and on top of that it doesn't even have animation.
    Something like Enhancment's new Crash Lightning would fit the spell well.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    I never realised just how depressing the lack of fist weapon's being displayed would be. We should launch a campaign to fix it but I'd still be doubtful it would be done. It would be a matter if making new animations that avoid body clipping which I don't think would be too difficult. At the very least new standing animations would be a bare minimum. Anyone else think Fists of the Heavens and the other models are amongst the best looking artifact weapons? Especially the Xuen weapons they are beasty.

Lot of the artifact weapons look stupid and too impractical to me.

^This!

I knew this going in and didnt think it would affect me much since I'm used to playing feral/guardian, but it does and its depressing. Maybe its a combination of the pandaren male model for me. I agree that WW artifacts are some of the coolest across the board. Outlaw Rogue would be my 2nd choice in terms of how many of their weapons models I like. And it does suck that we can never show off our weapons except in combat which is when people shouldnt be admiring weapons.

How hard would it be to put certain large fist weapons on our sides/back like they already do with swords?

Loving the class and playstyle but its gonna be a long expansion never getting to show off weapons.