Poll: What will be your main Spec in Legion ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    Probably because they don't plan on healing Mythic+10 dungeons for a while
    Hehe you memelord ecksdee. Disc will do fine in dungeon as long as you're not pushing world best ranks. Don't believe everything you read on the official forums about disc buddy.

OT: I switched main to disc because i find the specc by far the most fun specc in the game.

Deleted
    For the first in a decade i will not be focusing on healing.
    I am planning to go pretty casual this expansion and it feels a dps spec is just a million times better for that.
    I will however keep either holy or disco on to par when being tired of sitting in the queue.

Will be maining Holy but will level as Shadow and fill out Shadow and Holy artifacts first and Disc 3rd. Disc will probably be viable for Mythic + dungeons and PvP but I see no reason to dump artifact power into Disc early on when Holy will be more than capable.

I'm maining Prot Warrior for my guild, but my alt will be my Priest. I've been playing Priest since Wrath, and I can't just forget about her.

10+ Year Old Account
    been playing priest since bc myself...problem is i llove tanking, issue with that is i took a break during SoO, ofc got replaced as a tank(left / stopped rolling on loot even before SoO came o ut to play ffxiv, and get another tank geared)
    well came back and had to heal...idk i like healing also but hasn't felt the same bc was fun wotlk was okay mop wasn't fun but for some reason wod was just irritating...
    i don't like dps spec's mainly because i don't like sitting in que's and i love bags for gold...so idk

right now i STILL don't know what i'll main in legion, not even class...if priest holy/shadow...
    or rshama, BRM had been my main tank since mop, completely annoyed with legion changes...
    maybe war...for inspiring presence...?
    idk every class that can tank i have as a tank, that can heal, i have as a healer...i haven't been playing much in draenor...went utterly casual, guild kept me though...maybe i should talk with them...but ugh really don't want to go dps...

but yeah...is it bad idk wth i want to play? class even not just spec?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    been playing priest since bc myself...problem is i llove tanking, issue with that is i took a break during SoO, ofc got replaced as a tank(left / stopped rolling on loot even before SoO came o ut to play ffxiv, and get another tank geared)
    well came back and had to heal...idk i like healing also but hasn't felt the same bc was fun wotlk was okay mop wasn't fun but for some reason wod was just irritating...
    i don't like dps spec's mainly because i don't like sitting in que's and i love bags for gold...so idk

right now i STILL don't know what i'll main in legion, not even class...if priest holy/shadow...
    or rshama, BRM had been my main tank since mop, completely annoyed with legion changes...
    maybe war...for inspiring presence...?
    idk every class that can tank i have as a tank, that can heal, i have as a healer...i haven't been playing much in draenor...went utterly casual, guild kept me though...maybe i should talk with them...but ugh really don't want to go dps...

but yeah...is it bad idk wth i want to play? class even not just spec?
    I feel you on not wanting to DPS. Never was a fan of it myself. I ended up considering my options as both a tank and DPS, and picked one of each. For me, it's been a bit easier, I suppose. Back in Wrath I started doing quite a bit of PVP, and was playing warrior, so I chose that for my tank for Legion. Been raiding as a disc priest since Wrath, and since there is only 1 healing spec for priest now (cough, cough), I'll be going holy priest for my alt.

Deleted
    I haven't decided yet... I'm going to level as shadow, but the plan is to heal for my guild at 110. I haven't tried the new disc and I've heard it might not be all that great for mythic+ dungeons so I might go for Holy for that. Will have to wait and see how likely HC/Mythic raiding looks when most of my guild has hit 110.

Not only am I maining Holy, I am also leveling Holy.

And yknow what? It ain't bad. I really wish I had a proper DoT, to fill the hole left by SWPain, but otherwise it's going pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Not only am I maining Holy, I am also leveling Holy.

And yknow what? It ain't bad. I really wish I had a proper DoT, to fill the hole left by SWPain, but otherwise it's going pretty well.
    Holy Fire is a dot mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Holy Fire is a dot mate.
    It's also a nuke on a cooldown. I would really like something more spammable. Something, again, like SWPain.

I'm saying we need a fourth damage ability for this to really feel smooth.
    Last edited by Jetstream; 2016-09-01 at 05:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy as always. I'm offspeccing shadow.
    I was going to of spec disc, but I don't hardcore raid anymore to justify carrying a niche spec.
    I see it worthless in 5 mythic, unless pared with a prot pally and a good shadow priest who knows what is expected of him.

The spec for normal people is worthless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    It's als a nuke on a cooldown. I would really like something more spammable. Something, again, like SWPain.

I'm saying we need a fourth damage ability for this to really feel smooth.
    Amen
    Lacking SWP sucks. I noticed it when fighting mobs with kickbacks and interrupts. We really lack in mobility and sustained DPs. Casting a 1.2 second smite whole getting clobbered hurts us. (It's not going to get faster as we are stacking cit/ mastery.
    So far it's the one complaint I have about holy.
    Last edited by Dsc; 2016-08-31 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Amen
    Lacking SWP sucks. I noticed it when fighting mobs with kickbacks and interrupts. We really lack in mobility and sustained DPs. Casting a 1.2 second smite whole getting clobbered hurts us. (It's not going to get faster as we are stacking cit/ mastery.
    So far it's the one complaint I have about holy.
    I wouldn't even say it sucks. It's just... suboptimal. SWPain's left a hole in how Holy DPS used to work (I leveled Holy in Vanilla and BC). Fill that hole, preferably with something instant and DoT'y, and I think we're solid, really.

It'd also help us in "need to tag mobs" situations. Like this one quest in Azsuna where the mobs were dying so fast I had to work to find ones I could tag before they died. Took me a while to finish that quest.

Starting as shadow main with discipline as offspec. Although as i play more and more as discipline (for dungeons to avoid que) i seem to like it even more. It might not be the flavour of the month now in healers but it is fun as hell with a unique gameplay.