Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    Deleted

What would you say are Legion's weak points?

Every expansion has something it doesn't do well. In trying to decide whether or not to get back to WoW, I want to know what problems I'll be facing in this expansion. I really wish I'd waited to ask that question before sinking three weeks into WoD when that came out. So, what are the things that Legion doesn't do so well and which might become the thing that people complain about once the new expansion smell wears off? Nothing is flawless, and I'd like to know what this expansion isn't great at.
    Last edited by mmoc2a274d6a6c; 2016-09-03 at 07:00 AM.

The black bar at the top of the screen when in your Order Hall.

Tyrande's voice actress.

These two are the current weak points I've seen. Heil and well met champion, buy Legion already.

I despite that I can't apply Illusions to my Artifact Weapon. Just don't understand it. I accepted using a weapon type that I don't like, and just figured out that I can't put illusions on them (I thought it was a glitch..)

I just don't get it. Why? All these Illusions were added to the game, the new illustion system, we only get ONE weapon this x-pack...and we can't use them. I put in a lot of effort to collect them, why can't I use them unless I x-mog my artifact away? :\

So this probably won't bug a lot of people, and it's certainly not something that will effect your gameplay, but it's still a REALLY annoy decision to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have not encountered any "weak points," at this time. BM hunter rotation is a bit boring, but not enough to warrant a complaint.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me and my BF the most annoying things are the class, class hall and profession quest. As we are from different classes with different professions then half the time we cannot really "enjoy" the leveling together due to not being to help one another in finding stuff. If you mainly go at it on your own w/o any friends then probably the time you spend traveling to your class hall, dalaran and the quest area.

Maybe if you are used in playing your favorite class and now it's "broken" and "pruned" too much for you. But one can get used to everything I recon.

But other then that there's not much wrong with the expansion in general. What might tick people off, you might not care at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they essentially nuked the playstyle of shadow priests.
    New SPriest feels no different than a mage. All direct casts, DoTs might as well not even be there, since as soon as you enter VF they don't run out.

Add to that the usual complaint about lame ass healing design ever since Cata. I just don#t find it fun to cast like a whackjob while the targets HP bar barely moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The fact that they essentially nuked the playstyle of shadow priests.
    New SPriest feels no different than a mage. All direct casts, DoTs might as well not even be there, since as soon as you enter VF they don't run out.

Add to that the usual complaint about lame ass healing design ever since Cata. I just don#t find it fun to cast like a whackjob while the targets HP bar barely moves.
    Someone hasn't taken a good look at the Artifact traits!

You guys are missing a biggie. It's a lot more difficult to dual spec at this point with the need to level artifact weapons. I think this is a pretty disappointing issue; however, I'm excited about the rest.

- Pruning, for me and many other hunters they completely fucked up the class, removing most of our fun spells/tools, including traps for MM/BM. It just feels so dull right now.

- I don't like the class hall missions, I think it shouldn't be in the game. I also don't like how they're reusing a lot of the work orders, followers and stuff like that from garrisons. I'd rather just not have it be in the game.

- Unsure if I like artisan weapons. Right now, it's pretty fun to upgrade your artifact and so on... but at the end of the day I just don't really like the concept of everyone running around with ashbringer.

- The bar on top of class halls lol

- I don't like the new legendaries at all. It's really stupid that they are random world drops. Anyone could just get lucky and find a legendary. I like the way legendaries were before, where you had a handful of people on the server who had them (when the content was current).

- Although I love the questing, it really does feel like a single player game. Like you're going through a single player story where you're this hero with the strongest weapon ever, then woops you enter dalaran and everyone else has it. It's like single player story with an added multiplayer component, feels weird.

- Also dual speccing seems like a pain in the ass now. Like I'm so committed to playing MM and my current artifact that I don't even want to switch specs right now. Before it didn't really matter since my gear was the same for MM/BM/SV. I don't know if there will be a catch up mechanic or what not, so far I haven't even bothered trying another artifact for my offspec.

Otherwise I'm really enjoying legion so far, the questing is really fun and I absolutely love the zones/scenery,etc.
    Last edited by aysatsana; 2016-08-31 at 11:28 PM.

It's playerbase, without question.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Class design. Obviously there are some exceptions, but a lot of classes feel like dumbed husks of their former selves. And dps aside there are just simply some that aren't designed to do well mechanically, which will mean they will just over buff them to compensate for the fact that offer no utility and have several major glaring weaknesses. I won't say balance yet, since there should be another patch before the release of raids and one shortly after their release, and I honestly won't hold it against blizz if classes aren't mostly balanced until 7.1. I will say that the game isn't in a state that I would be willing to come back full time and raid in WoW again. Unless there are major changes it is only good from a casual play perspective imho, which is sad because they did so many things right this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Someone hasn't taken a good look at the Artifact traits!
    I did. But neither Holy nor shadow seem to have any "game changers" in there.

Blizzards "weakling healer" design persists since Cata now. You can't compare healers of today to healers of WotLK and before. Back then mana was our limiting resource now it feels that raw throughput and GCDs are far more limiting than worrying about whether you can sustain a given level of output long enough.

50 million little chest things, and they all pretty much contain the same things.

I would rather they cut it down to half and double the amount in each one.

Deleted
    Class hall 4h missions. You want me to login every 4hours? wtf? Could've given ~20hour missions with higher reward so you only need to babysit it once per day.

Shit's worse than old garrison cause now you actually need that artifact power or you've getting left behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    The black bar at the top of the screen when in your Order Hall.

Tyrande's voice actress.

These two are the current weak points I've seen. Heil and well met champion, buy Legion already.
    And you can hide that with a simple addon, which translates the data on it to your currency tab instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much fun, it's taking up all my time

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    And you can hide that with a simple addon, which translates the data on it to your currency tab instead.
    What if you don't like having addons for such simple things. It's like what they did with the character stats page, now you need to an addon to see basic things like armor, attack power, attack speed, mount speed, etc. They also removed a bunch of "too advanced" settings from the interface options and now you need an addon or use the scripts to get those options back. What's the point? I don't want to have 1000 addons. Just give us the options to have an "advanced" character page, or an option to hide/show the bar etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    No flying yet, it's honestly the only gripe I have, but it's seriously reducing my enjoyment. I have 11 other characters besides my main at 100 I wanted to level, but honestly I'm probably just gonna unsub once I get bored with my main until they give us flying after their arbitrary wait time.
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2016-09-01 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I did. But neither Holy nor shadow seem to have any "game changers" in there.

Blizzards "weakling healer" design persists since Cata now. You can't compare healers of today to healers of WotLK and before. Back then mana was our limiting resource now it feels that raw throughput and GCDs are far more limiting than worrying about whether you can sustain a given level of output long enough.
    Yeah. I used to love Hpally in Wrath. It made more sense to me than a quick heal (flash of light) would heal less than your long big cast (holy light) which would oom you quick but heal a fuck load. It feels fucking weird to cast a long spell and have it do nothing and cost no mana.

I mean Goku's kamehameha doesn't do less damage the longer he channels it like what do? Longer cast time should = more powerful spell.

Deleted
    - Unsure if I like artisan weapons. Right now, it's pretty fun to upgrade your artifact and so on... but at the end of the day I just don't really like the concept of everyone running around with ashbringer.
    This is a big one for me. I really don't like artifact weapons. Blizzard have effectively removed weapons from the game's itemization; everyone gets their artifact, it's all the same, the classes are designed around them. They might as well just not exist and be a level 110 talent instead, because the effect is the same. What's not the same is that the most important equipment slot, the item(s) that you hunt for throughout entire expansions and carry with immense pride, is now gone.

You just grind AP to upgrade your weapon, the same weapon as 100% of players of that spec. There's no joy of finally getting that awesome weapon you've been pining for. It's just so boring and anticlimatic. I really hate the idea of being handed an artifact after doing some quests that are designed to be so trivial that literally every player can do it, and that this weapon is either what I'll be using literally forever, or I'll abandon it next expansion and completely undermine the lore of the item and the supposed significance of obtaining it. Very underwhelming feeling.

What do they even do in future expansions? Just stick with artifacts forever so that everyone simply has the same weapon for the rest of WoW's existence? Or do they somehow try to explain that after obtaining Ashbringer or Doomhammer and working tirelessly to hone their affinity with these weapons, the heroes throw them away a couple of years later in order to use some green crap from a quest? Artifacts feel like something they'd put in an expansion that they know will be the game's last. It feels really unhealthy and short-sighted, and it has taken away the biggest carrot in WoW's already dwindling itemization.
    Last edited by mmocc9bca2205f; 2016-09-01 at 12:27 AM.