Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Well i hope she at least asked them to stop first. But yeah, don't invade other peoples property. You learn that when you're like 6 and go out to play with your friends for the first time
    There is surely a question as to if the drone was on her property though?

In this case it probably was but surely it depends on how much of the air above your house you technically own, because I'm pretty sure it doesn't extend up all the way to space...

Didn't we decide it was legal/ok for people to shoot down drones on their own property? I know it varies from state to state, especially seeing as how some states are more gun friendly than others, but yeah. iirc, this same story has happened before in different places a couple of times, and that's how it turned out when they went to court.

I'd say the lady should've just politely asked the drone dudes to leave before immediately busting out the shotgun (assuming she hadn't tried it already), but otherwise, I have no problems with this.

That said...the "I like to shoot, and I like to kill" line is a bit concerning.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-09-01 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    "I like to shoot, and I like to kill, so when you cross the line please stand still"*
    - Drone shooter Jennifer Youngman
    She's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Maybe now, but that's not what weapons were made for originally. It was precisely to more effectively kill people. Being better for hunting than spear was just added bonus. Just like swords weren't made to replace knives as kitchen utility, they were made to kill more effectively.

So, the original design intent of those items vary greatly, even if all can somehow kill a person. Only one was designed for that exact purpose.
    But it is what the weapon IS made specifically for now. A hunting rifle is made precisely to hunt more effectively. Jet engines were originally made to kill more effectively. That's not what they are made for now and stating that as their intended purpose is laughable even though that is specifically why they were designed and built.
    Also its debatable that early guns were actually made to kill more effectively. Maim, wound, incapacitate, but early guns were crap at actually being effective killing machines.
    Its also intentionally disingenuous to lump all guns into one category. In the past, maybe. Now? Farcical. If I want to go on a killing rampage, I wouldn't go buy a shotgun. It would be terrible at that. Hand guns, assault rifles, then yes, but they are designed very different, function very different, and have very different intended purposes unless you want to just baseline "make bullet go real fast at thing". You're not going to throw down with a long deer rifle with a scope in a crowded public place and unless you're an ex-marine with a massive brain tumor you're not going to kill a lot of people with it.

You're also ignoring that I said that was a minor point, and ignoring that I said it wasn't a great argument but a symptom of frustration with other things. Whats your deal?

You own 500ft of airspace above your property, good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    when will it end
    When there's nothing left to shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Why is your solution to shoot everything

drones
    dogs
    people
    police
    gorillas

when will it end
    too soon man.....

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    There is surely a question as to if the drone was on her property though?

In this case it probably was but surely it depends on how much of the air above your house you technically own, because I'm pretty sure it doesn't extend up all the way to space...
    Yeah i doubt that will be known, i doubt someone recorded it and its one word against another.

Also...the lady in the story reminds me a bit of Granny from Beverly Hillbillies. xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    too soon man.....
    #dicksoutfordrones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Also...the lady in the story reminds me a bit of Granny from Beverly Hillbillies. xD

- - - Updated - - -

#dicksoutforharambe
    #ballsoutforbantu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Yea Im concerned with someone, whose first reaction is to shoot.. This is a first encounter and the people are in walking distance, probably could have heard her if she spoke from where she was sitting? and the first thing that comes to her mind is to shoot? I don't think what she did was illegal but if you don't see anything wrong with her approach, maybe you should travel back to the time period where you belong.. you know that time period when you see a face you are not familiar with/ or see someone not from your tribe, you would go for kill on first impulse.
    Are you sure you're not the one who has a problem by being unable to tell a difference betwen a overgrown robo fly and another human being?

Yea Im concerned with someone, whose first reaction is to shoot.. This is a first encounter and the people are in walking distance, probably could have heard her if she spoke from where she was sitting? and the first thing that comes to her mind is to shoot? I don't think what she did was illegal but if you don't see anything wrong with her approach, maybe you should travel back to the time period where you belong.. you know that time period when you see a face you are not familiar with/ or see someone not from your tribe, you would go for kill on first impulse.
    How do you know it was her "First" reaction? It obviously hung around long enough to go get the gun, aim and fire.

Maybe read what I said first? I was saying SHOOTING SOMETHING should have been the last resort not first response, especially against a nonviolent action. Also, its said in the article they are not even sure if what the drone users or the woman did were illegal, there isn't much much precedent over private property airspace violation with a drone.. Just fyi breaking the law = primitive is not a thing but responding violently to something not violent is.. look up "Securities fraud"
    None of us were there for one. There were three witnesses to the shooting, and I'm sure each has their own version of it. Unless the gopro on the drone was ruined, we don't have video of it happening. No one was harmed in the shooting, not even any lifeforms besides bacteria in the way of the shotgun pellets. Paparazzi are a cancer to out society, and anything that ruins their attempts to spy on people is something good in my books. I'm sure the shooter didn't want to shoot to begin with, and would have never harmed anything at all. And her clever rhyme is just that: a rhyme. If she actually believed what she said, she'd have shot people frequently in the past. The article is written to paint her in a stereotypical light at any rate. I don't really have an opinion one way or the other on the matter. Two people did something they shouldn't have been doing, and they were stopped by someone who probably shouldn't have done what she did to begin with. Two wrong's don't make a right, but that's what we have a court of law to decide.

I kinda wish the drone's footage, if it does exist, is released; because that'll tell the story completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    How do you know it was her "First" reaction? It obviously hung around long enough to go get the gun, aim and fire.
    Ok, maybe at least read the article. She said she was already cleaning her gun and talks about how much she was looking forward to shooting something/someone and hopes if someone enters her yard, they stand still long enough for her to shoot...

"They were trespassing in my airspace"

Love it hahaha. Fair play though, they were violating her privacy.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    If there's something you should be completely free to nuke on sight it's drones. Or, quadcopters, whichever you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    "I like to shoot and I like to kill"

Yeah, people like that surely should have guns. I'm sure some gun nut would like to explain again how they aren't drooling and waiting for a chance to kill someone with flimsy excuse.
    Bet you're sure as shit not going to walk onto her property though, are ya? Sounds like her mission was accomplished.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    "They were trespassing in my airspace"

Love it hahaha. Fair play though, they were violating her privacy.
    I'm sure if she's charged for it, this is how it will play out in court. The last case of a drone shot down over private property went the way of the shooter, I'd expect that this will, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    too soon man.....
    Well, I'm not sure how we'd otherwise sedate the drone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.