Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

For the first time in <10 years..

I thought about giving up on my Rogue. But I am sooo happy I gave Outlaw a shot (Heh pun intended). Having way too much fun being batman, and for the first time since I can remember Combat is actually fast paced. I hope my fellow Rogues are having as much fun as I am. Feels like a new class! Cheers guys, stay in the shadows.
    Last edited by Mookes; 2016-09-01 at 06:59 PM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

I was going to play assa at 100 because I heard it performed the best but then I tried outlaw and the other 2 ancient specs just weren't as interesting. Also dat click bait title.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Was assass since early wrath till the end of WoD, changed to outlaw for leveling and 110 endgame and I feel same :P I just love this spec, works amazing I just hope it will stay this way and perform well in raid enviroment too

Sounds like my friend that had played nothing but rogue since BC. Always always! has played nothing but assassination. . . . now he is playing outlaw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep! I was sub for quite some time but assass was always my favorite spec. Combat was just boring to me. Boy have the tables turned haha
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

The RtB fishing is kinda turn off for me...
    The rest i love it. The animations are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post
    The fishing still exists but from what I understand you just fish for any 2 buffs, regardless of what they are. Way better than just fishing for true bearing back in beta.

Outlaw is fun yes but I feel a lot of it comes from it being very strong
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post
    You don't like these buffs? Picture doesn't seem to work for me, here's link anyway: http://imgur.com/SPqN5Dp
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

i get WAY to many single buffs. had 8 single rolls in a row on a mythic boss. Not fun

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    Outlaw is fun yes but I feel a lot of it comes from it being very strong
    You know, you can fairly make this case but I think there's another point. The real reason is fun is that we are not constantly energy starved. Also, Blade Fury is fun, it just makes balancing rogue specs impossible (really, they needed to do a better job with the AoE of Sin and Sub). I'm actually ok with roll the bones.

The other reason is that we are pretty good in 5m content. Our single target damage is going to be the real problem which is why most of us expect to be playing 2 specs. But I think I'll remain forever outlaw outside.

I would also point out that executing things at range with pistol shot is genuinely fun. The quest where you had to finish off the guys with 1 shot was amazing as outlaw. Cruel, but amazing.

Deleted
    let me delete
    Last edited by mmoc30e02da2e4; 2016-10-02 at 10:58 PM.

I've tried all 3 but only have artifacts for Assa and Outlaw. I started as Outlaw and swapped to Assa at 102. Haven't looked back. It's just DoT mayhem!! I love it. Rarely ever take damage due to Leeching Poison, can burst mobs down in a heartbeat and cleave is a cake walk with FoK and Rupture tabbing. Deffo going Assa until Outlaw becomes the clear favourite at 110.

I've never mained my rogue, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that''s in love with the new Subtlety. I don't even care about performance, it's just freaking cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I've tried all 3 but only have artifacts for Assa and Outlaw. I started as Outlaw and swapped to Assa at 102. Haven't looked back. It's just DoT mayhem!! I love it. Rarely ever take damage due to Leeching Poison, can burst mobs down in a heartbeat and cleave is a cake walk with FoK and Rupture tabbing. Deffo going Assa until Outlaw becomes the clear favourite at 110.
    Have you run any dungeons? I'm smashing all classes in dps as Outlaw, single target and AoE don't matter. Including other non-Outlaw rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Have you run any dungeons? I'm smashing all classes in dps as Outlaw, single target and AoE don't matter. Including other non-Outlaw rogues.
    My experience has been that outlaw is great on trash but assassination pulls ahead on boss battles.

In any case I'm leveling as subtlety because being immune to fall damage is amazing and makes traveling a bit easier. I tried assassination in my last dungeon and pulled about 20k more dps then I did in sub with a 0 artifact power set of kingslayers, but I've played assassination since BC and I just want to play something new. Might go assa when I hit 110, we'll see.

First time combat was fast paced? You don't remember AR-Prep in TBC? Arena matches lasting 30 seconds, rogues zipping around at lightspeed, un-snareable, global-capped. Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    what is outlaw dps like on bosses (single target)? As sub I'm doing around 200-300k and always top damage but haven't shared a group with an outlaw rogue yet. I imagine outlaw is a lot better on trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I've tried all 3 but only have artifacts for Assa and Outlaw. I started as Outlaw and swapped to Assa at 102. Haven't looked back. It's just DoT mayhem!! I love it.
    Which is exactly why I dumped it after maining Mut since Lich King. I hate that playstyle. Diff'rent strokes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have a heart for Assas. love the spec, and I love the Idea of Sub however I've been burnt out on that spec for 2 expansions now. Lol. Gave it a try when the pre-xpac came out and it felt like a completely different spec. Looking forward to learning it again.

nothing gives you a feeling better than masturbation that getting all the RtB buffs