Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Monks and Demon Hunters in dungeons are pretty savage, Warlocks seem to have quite low numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Per the simcraft results and only on single target encounters, Arms warrior is the top, followed by Feral druid and I think a mage or rogue spec.

The rest of the melee are around the middle, with Frost DK being the lowest and Ret paladin being fairly low as well.

The sims are all assuming pretty good gear and whatnot though, and I don't know if RIGHT NOW at 110 in like, dungeons and shit what is the strongest? Probably whomever has really good short-term burst AOE to blow up packs - basically Havoc Demon Hunters are probably really looking strong right now because they can do a lot in a short fight, and fury warrior has some very respectable burst AOE if they use Odyn's Fury correctly.

Otherwise, I'm not sure - this isn't something I'd be too worried about; if you're looking for some kind of forecast for raids opening, I'd still say the simcraft list is probably the closest you're going to get, despite the disparity in actual player gear versus what the sims assume (~850+ mythic shit I think?) so Arms warrior using that stupid focused rage gimmicky lame build is the absolute top, and it's followed pretty closely by some flavor of feral druid (no idea if they have some doofy gimmick build or if they're just really good)

As usual, rogues are looking good, and mages. Many classes are pretty close to one another though - Frost DK is the only one that is alarmingly low; somewhere between 30-50k DPS than the middle of the pack, and around 130 below Arms.

In the end though, I don't think any of that matters for anyone who isn't absolutely pushing it to the limit and doing Mythic raids for the top 500 world. Everyone else can just do his or her best with the spec they want to play and not worry too much about not being top o' the chart. Unless you only play to be top o' the chart...then i strongly recommend you get every class to 110 and keep two artifacts as close as is possible or just don't spend any AP until you know for sure what the optimal spec for whatever class is. That doesn't sound fun at all.
    Hope you realise you're talking about incomplete sims based on full BIS gear that won't be available until 2017? It could not be further from a realistic look at dps numbers. The sims are not an accurate dps comparison in realistic situations at the best of times, let alone considering these factors and so early on.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-09-02 at 03:44 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    DHs are a fucking joke. They do 1M dps by sitting on their keyboard on big packs. 2M dps if they are trying. Nobody else can keep up. Nobody.

If anyone was wondering if DHs come wildly overpowered out of the gate, they did. More than Wrath DKs.
    Seems pretty salty if you asked me. DH's burst aoe is great, its sustained not as much. I'm going to assume all of your experience comes from heroic dungeon or normals, where a tank pulling two packs and a DH blowing their 1min artifact/45sec eyebeam and a barrage/sweep/fel rush destroys those low hp mobs. I assure you such a thing isn't possible in the long run, with higher hp trash that lasts longer, with mythic + bosses, and the fact majority of their sustained ST damage comes from their AOE spells, etc. etc.

But sure, whatever you say boss.
    Last edited by Malygaa; 2016-09-02 at 04:48 AM.

Deleted
    Feral seems to be one of the best to be honest - sick AoE and single target burst and if talented right for the specific situation it can also have one of the best sustain dmg!

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Not too sound arrogant but I'm having no problem topping meters on my WW monk in both aoe and single target, few classes have come close to beating me so far (mainly played LFD for heroics so not the best way to judge I know)
    That's cause they're broken as fuck. Strike of the Wind Lord crits for like 2 million lel.

Having a blast on my Rogue. Obviously Outlaw is king at 110 but I'm thoroughly enjoying levelling as Assassination and have no problems being top in every dungeon run I've done so far, whether that be trash or bosses. Seems Assa ST and Cleave is unbelievably strong, granted I'm only level 103... we'll see how it goes at 110! I think I'm still best off swapping over to Outlaw at 110.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    DHs are a fucking joke. They do 1M dps by sitting on their keyboard on big packs. 2M dps if they are trying. Nobody else can keep up. Nobody.

If anyone was wondering if DHs come wildly overpowered out of the gate, they did. More than Wrath DKs.
    Yeah but that's only in AoE. Granted in mythic+ that'll be important, but our single target isn't super high. We're probably mid-high area. I've been beaten by boomkin's and windwalkers on single target. Hunters too.

Deleted
    Top Tiers for dungeons etc are:

Monks,DH,Hunters

Shit tier for dungeons are:

Feral druids,Warlocks,Mages

Quote Originally Posted by exaflare View Post

Monks,DH,Hunters

chuck Rogue in top tier. I haven't lost to anyone yet, the occasional Monk might top me but that's literally it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Monks and Demon Hunters in dungeons are pretty savage, Warlocks seem to have quite low numbers.

Hope you realise you're talking about incomplete sims based on full BIS gear that won't be available until 2017? It could not be further from a realistic look at dps numbers. The sims are not an accurate dps comparison in realistic situations at the best of times, let alone considering these factors and so early on.
    Hope you realise you're talking complete crap. The sims are 850 ilvl gear, pre raid. Not all profiles are goods but the arm warrior one is very polished

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Hope you realise you're talking complete crap. The sims are 850 ilvl gear, pre raid. Not all profiles are goods but the arm warrior one is very polished
    If you're making a class comparison then all of them have to be well polished, have to include multiple fight lengths and fight slyles. The only sims I've seen people posting about are T19 BIS single target sims with full artifacts. So I hope you realise you're talking complete crap. The Arms Warrior action priority is not even optimal, doesn't matter if the underneath is polished.

Action priority lists are not polished across the board, so again stop talking absolute shite.

Quote Originally Posted by exaflare View Post

Monks,DH,Hunters

Mages are top tier though.

If you're making a class comparison then all of them have to be well polished, have to include multiple fight lengths and fight slyles. The only sims I've seen people posting about are T19 BIS single target sims with full artifacts. So I hope you realise you're talking complete crap. The Arms Warrior action priority is not even optimal, doesn't matter if the underneath is polished.

Action priority lists are not polished across the board, so again stop talking absolute shite.
    Absolutely nobody has been posting T19 sims, they're all pre raid.

Arms APL is fine. you have no clue.

Please show us these t19 BiS ST sims with full artifacts. lol

There aren't any sims posted in this thread, people are discussing the widely posted ones, such as this below.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Please show us these t19 BiS ST sims with full artifacts. lol
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...git-pls-say-no - Unless I am mistaken, this is T19.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Absolutely nobody has been posting T19 sims, they're all pre raid.

Arms APL is fine. you have no clue.
    Sure it is, all the others are fine too. You keep using the default then.. You go and make a comparison based on a bunch of inaccurate sims and verify it by confirming that "some" of them are accurate, and "some" of them have half decent APL. Arms is not this strong, and it is simmed with a non optimal priority list.

So how can it be not this strong in reality, also have a non optimal APL (default) and also be considered accurate as a comparison? It's not, it's nonsense. It's simply not accurate, because if the APL was adjusted you could push this higher for Arms while it does not line up with reality in game.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-09-02 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Mages are top tier though.
    At the moment, nah. Fire definitely can't compete against all the burst aoe going on. Although, arcane that is spec'd to aoe on talents and traits might prove really well. I should dump some artifact into it and try maybe.

Deleted
    What I've seen so far.

Great :

- Demon Hunter
    - Mages
    - Rogues
    - Hunter

Bad :

- Warlocks
    - Druids
    - Paladins
    - Shadow Priest

it is interesting to note, that all pure dps classes are doing well except for warlocks.

Deleted
    Every dungeon I've been in, Rogues are smashing it

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually topping as frost dk unless there's a dh in the group. The problem is though we have shit scaling and our artifact is trash tier. Frostmourne my ass.

Simcraft is correct, with better gear other specs of equal skill will demolish me in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Usually topping as frost dk unless there's a dh in the group. The problem is though we have shit scaling and our artifact is trash tier. Frostmourne my ass.

Simcraft is correct, with better gear other specs of equal skill will demolish me in the future.
    On a sidenote, I saw a survival hunter and frost dk in the same zone yesterday. How rare is that?? 1 in a billion chance.

There aren't any sims posted in this thread, people are discussing the widely posted ones, such as this below.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...git-pls-say-no - Unless I am mistaken, this is T19.

Sure it is, all the others are fine too. You keep using the default then.. You go and make a comparison based on a bunch of inaccurate sims and verify it by confirming that "some" of them are accurate, and "some" of them have half decent APL. Arms is not this strong, and it is simmed with a non optimal priority list.

So how can it be not this strong in reality, also have a non optimal APL (default) and also be considered accurate as a comparison? It's not, it's nonsense. It's simply not accurate, because if the APL was adjusted you could push this higher for Arms while it does not line up with reality in game.
    First yes you're mistaken

Second, I've never said any sims but the warrior ones were decent, way to put words in my mouth.

Third, I think you've no idea how SimC works. If you did you wouldn't question "default" APL (wtf does that even mean) the arms APL is optimized as per newest information. I dare you to point me errors so I can have a laugh.