Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    season launches september 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I have in my head that it was going to be the 8th of September. I don't think I imagined that, but it's possible.
    Ah, well, then it would've made a lot of sense to launch the patch this week..

To let the patch sit in for a week before activating comp?
    They dropped Ana midseason, I don't think they care much about letting the patch set honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They dropped Ana midseason, I don't think they care much about letting the patch set honestly.
    Fair point, but season 1 was season 1. They said they probably wouldn't let new heroes straight into comp again.

Fair point, but season 1 was season 1. They said they probably wouldn't let new heroes straight into comp again.
    I must of missed that. I don't really mind personally that they did it, but I was surprised since usually something like that would wait til the end of the season, or they won't be allowed in ranked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch is live. Already bought the D.va emote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Patch is live. Already bought the D.va emote.
    Same. Bought D.Va's gaming one and Zen's meditate. Did two placement matches for the night. Was stomped in the first one playing Zarya but came back with a blistering D.Va performance in the second one to go 1/1. 3 golds and pog. Couldn't really tell a difference with her matrix nerf. She's still a beast.

Feel like chillaxing for the rest of the night but will hit it hard over the long weekend. I'm anxious to try out buffed Mercy too.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a very weird time to launch a patch.. Thursday/Friday
    Patch is also live in the EU right now, no idea when it came up.

Also, it seems Season 2 started as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    That's a very weird time to launch a patch.. Thursday/Friday
    Patch is also live in the EU right now, no idea when it came up.

Also, it seems Season 2 started as well.
    Uh, time to queue up and suck as bad as season one. I just hope to find decent teammates Don't care about tiers and ranks but at least i'd try playing seriously.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Uh, time to queue up and suck as bad as season one. I just hope to find decent teammates Don't care about tiers and ranks but at least i'd try playing seriously.
    Yeah, comp play is for serious play.. I'll probably get up to a pretty decent rank and then go back to QP so I can dick around some more

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    season launches september 6th.
    Season already launched yesterday, Sep 1.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah, comp play is for serious play.. I'll probably get up to a pretty decent rank and then go back to QP so I can dick around some more
    I try to play seriously. S1 didn't go as planned due to some issues at beginning thet broke the experience really fast - i didn't try after the hotfixes enough to appreciate it but low ranks are plagued bby people leaving.

Just to know - how does it place you in the new season? Get old rank and start over from there?

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to play seriously. S1 didn't go as planned due to some issues at beginning thet broke the experience really fast - i didn't try after the hotfixes enough to appreciate it but low ranks are plagued bby people leaving.

Just to know - how does it place you in the new season? Get old rank and start over from there?
    There's placement matches like in S1. I haven't done them yet though

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Season already launched yesterday, Sep 1.
    strange, i could swear i read somewhere it starts september 6.

well, anyway, better for us.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    strange, i could swear i read somewhere it starts september 6.

well, anyway, better for us.
    Yeah, I went looking for when it'd start and found a source that said September 6th as well..

Nice to hear. I need to get these straight otherwise i'll end again in the low ranks puddle where people simply don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just me, but the placement matches may be based on your old rank somewhat; the matches I had this time around were MUCH more competitive in general than the placement matches from S1; the losses were hard-fought, and the wins were pretty tight. In S1, it seemed like placement matches were a steamroll either way most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but the placement matches may be based on your old rank somewhat; the matches I had this time around were MUCH more competitive in general than the placement matches from S1; the losses were hard-fought, and the wins were pretty tight. In S1, it seemed like placement matches were a steamroll either way most of the time.
    Maybe they keep your old ranking in mind when putting you in placement matches, so if you were rank 50, you'd be up against people who were/are rank 50, and if you were rank 90 you'd be up against people who were/are rank 90 (Or the equivalent if those rankings in S2)

honestly considering skiping the season unless i get a decent premade since i dont have the mental power of dealing with the stuff solo queue dishes out
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I hope it's like that. I had the exact same experience - with the added fact that steamroll was always on the other side. It looked way too random, but maybe now people playing is people actually caring about the matches.

Rank is not important, quality of matches is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's like that. I had the exact same experience - with the added fact that steamroll was always on the other side. It looked way too random, but maybe now people playing is people actually caring about the matches.

Rank is not important, quality of matches is.
    Yeah, that's one reason I get annoyed by people complaining that they can't climb rank for whatever reason. The ideal should be to settle at a rank where most matches are a decent fight, where you feel challenged to maintain that rank. That may be at Master ranks, it may be at Silver or Bronze, but regardless, that's where you're going to see the best competition for your skill level; ranking you up outside of that means you'd face steamrolls where you're a detriment to your team constantly.