Fishing Rare Stealth Nerf

So I've just spent the past 3 hours fishing after the shutdown and the only conclusion I can draw is they nerfed the droprate on rare fish to the ground. I have had over 30 baits in the past hour alone which have yielded me a whole 3 rare fish for my artifact, and didn't see a single rare in the previous two hours at all. I was sure for a while that I was completely broken, but persistence proved that it seems to be a nerf.

I can understand that they may have been dropping a bit much, but they had a long bloody time on alpha/beta to change it and it went live so why the hell have they turned around and done this.

I feel incredibly sorry for people who are only just embarking on the artifact quest because it was already a long grind.

Or do I have this completely wrong and I'm just broken?

Quote Originally Posted by dasquee View Post
    So I've just spent the past 3 hours fishing after the shutdown and the only conclusion I can draw is they nerfed the droprate on rare fish to the ground. I have had over 30 baits in the past hour alone which have yielded me a whole 3 rare fish for my artifact, and didn't see a single rare in the previous two hours at all. I was sure for a while that I was completely broken, but persistence proved that it seems to be a nerf.

I can understand that they may have been dropping a bit much, but they had a long bloody time on alpha/beta to change it and it went live so why the hell have they turned around and done this.

Or do I have this completely wrong and I'm just broken?
    It needed to be nerfed. Im glad they got around to it.

So following this new rate of catching it will take 130 hours + of fishing to get the artifact to level 12, and then each point after that requires a further 130+ (and ever increasing) hours.

So you think that is what was needed?

The baits aren't guaranteed, you don't have a guaranteed shot at the one you want and the fish weren't guaranteed when you had a bait but now it has been nerfed to the ground it is almost pointless to do. The grind is near impossible without artifact knowlege, even at the low levels.

Quote Originally Posted by dasquee View Post
    So following this new rate of catching it will take 130 hours + of fishing to get the artifact to level 12, and then each point after that requires a further 130+ (and ever increasing) hours.

So you think that is what was needed?

The baits aren't guaranteed, you don't have a guaranteed shot at the one you want and the fish weren't guaranteed when you had a bait but now it has been nerfed to the ground it is almost pointless to do. The grind is near impossible without artifact knowlege, even at the low levels.
    I guess it makes having the fishing artifact that much more sweet once you level it up. The grind is impossible on your weapon artifact without artifact knowledge why should it not be for the fishing pole? We have an entire year and a half of legion.. you shouldn't be able to max it out in a week. So many people want near instant gratification, when things such as these artifacts should take months to power up.
    Last edited by xhisors; 2016-09-02 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    I guess it makes having the fishing artifact that much more sweet once you level it up. The grind is impossible on your weapon artifact without artifact knowledge why should it not be for the fishing pole? We have an entire year and a half of legion.. you shouldn't be able to max it out in a week. So many people want near instant gratification, when things such as these artifacts should take months to power up.
    There's probably a happy medium between avoiding "instant gratification" and a grind on a higher par than most Classic rep grinds (238 hours for Winterspring, here)... for a fishing pole.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    There's probably a happy medium between avoiding "instant gratification" and a grind on a higher par than most Classic rep grinds (238 hours for Winterspring, here)... for a fishing pole.
    If only the fishing pole didn't offer so many good things! Also once you gain artifact knowledge it won't be that hard. I don't think people really understand how easy it is to get AP when you have 12000%+ increase to AP. It scales to over 24,000% at AK level 25.

There is no reason to have it change.