This crap mobility is starting to to get very annoying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    The talent selection of that Frost Sim is awful.
    Yep, plus it's a patchwerk sim. Disregarded it almost immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    Yep, plus it's a patchwerk sim. Disregarded it almost immediately

LOL.

You do realize that if anything, a Patchwerk scenario benefits frost DK most, right? They have the shittiest mobility in game, in any real encounter with target switching and movement frost DK's end up losing the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    LOL.

You do realize that if anything, a Patchwerk scenario benefits frost DK most, right? They have the shittiest mobility in game, in any real encounter with target switching and movement frost DK's end up losing the most.
    you do realize there's only one ST Patchwerk fight in the game right now (which won't even available until early 2017)? plus this is with 840 ilvl, wrong talents & wrong artifact traits. so yes, it's inaccurate. The fucking unholy APL uses Necrosis lmao.

you do realize there's only one ST Patchwerk fight in the game right now (which won't even available until early 2017)? plus this is with 840 ilvl, wrong talents & wrong artifact traits. so yes, it's inaccurate. The fucking unholy APL uses Necrosis lmao.
    It uses Necrosis in the sim because that is what sims out to be the highest dps.

you didnt actually contradict anything @Lucrece said... if anything you just proved his point...

LOL.

Unholy is much higher in actual raid testing because its DPS mechanics are very raid friendly for every fight type, frost on the other hand pretty much needs a Stand still fight OR a tight cleave fight.

Yup, which is why I found the whole "it's worthless because it's patchwekr" laughable. Patchwerk is the frost ideal.

He said it's bad because it's single target. So what? It's not like frost DK AoE even competes with unholy, WW, Fury, or Demonhunters anyways. Hurray, you're better at aoe/cleave than a feral druid, who does massively more single target and 2-3 target DPS.

Frost is a rather pedestrian spec any way you look at it. It's just the nerfs they did to it where they didn't go back to fix the damage implementing those proc fixes and talent adjustments did to the spec.

Yup, which is why I found the whole "it's worthless because it's patchwekr" laughable. Patchwerk is the frost ideal.

He said it's bad because it's single target. So what? It's not like frost DK AoE even competes with unholy, WW, Fury, or Demonhunters anyways. Hurray, you're better at aoe/cleave than a feral druid, who does massively more single target and 2-3 target DPS.

Frost is a rather pedestrian spec any way you look at it. It's just the nerfs they did to it where they didn't go back to fix the damage implementing those proc fixes and talent adjustments did to the spec.
    Cause tuning is over now...and we won't ever get buffs in the future right? They weren't nerfs either, they were bug fixes. 3x45% chance to proc on top of ambidexterity effecting the MH too...were pretty massive bugs...but tuning isn't done. We have about two and a half weeks until the first raid. Three and a half until Mythic. If you think they're just going to be like okay it's cool where things are before the raid hits and after the raid releases then that's your view on it...I personally don't. So far experiencing this expansion has seemed like a complete rebound from WoD. Plus they're saying all the right things(which show me not tell me comes into play with this as they've said a lot they couldn't deliver on various times before). Also, the talent choice on the sim is utter garbage as @Nemesquish/Phenom pointed out. I think this will be the first expansion where sims will honestly be a moderately decent tool, but not the end all be all of how things shake up. Talents have a much bigger impact from fight to fight than ever before. You can focus on sims...I'll wait to see what logs say(and not beta logs with people using upscaled T18 gear).

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Cause tuning is over now...and we won't ever get buffs in the future right? They weren't nerfs either, they were bug fixes. 3x45% chance to proc on top of ambidexterity effecting the MH too...were pretty massive bugs...but tuning isn't done. We have about two and a half weeks until the first raid. Three and a half until Mythic. If you think they're just going to be like okay it's cool where things are before the raid hits and after the raid releases then that's your view on it...I personally don't. So far experiencing this expansion has seemed like a complete rebound from WoD. Plus they're saying all the right things(which show me not tell me comes into play with this as they've said a lot they couldn't deliver on various times before). Also, the talent choice on the sim is utter garbage as @Nemesquish/Phenom pointed out. I think this will be the first expansion where sims will honestly be a moderately decent tool, but not the end all be all of how things shake up. Talents have a much bigger impact from fight to fight than ever before. You can focus on sims...I'll wait to see what logs say(and not beta logs with people using upscaled T18 gear).
    They already said in a Q&A Livestream that if specs like fire were massively ahead, they would only do adjustments so it's just ahead, since they don't want to nerf/buff and piss off people who spent their artifact power on the wrong artifact.

So, I'm not really hopeful about their balancing. I've played enhancement shaman for most of WoW, and feral druid before that. Their record on buffing in a way where mages, rogues, and hunters aren't always supreme by the end of all xpacs is not good at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    The talent selection of that Frost Sim is awful.
    What the actual fuck? They have Frost using Avalanche, Obliteration (that one made me cringe - no GA is HUGE), and Murderous Efficiency for single target AND high gear level. And arguably using RA instead of FScythe on single target for a high gear level is dumb as well. This is like them having Unholy using Unholy Frenzy for fuck's sake!

Good fucking lord, I really wish they would wait until they get some people with even basic knowledge about specs to give input on their sims rather than release... let's not mince words, utter garbage in some silly rush to "have it out there". And then a bunch of uninformed morons proceed to screenshot said DPS rankings and say, "lol Frost you baddy" or something similar.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2016-09-02 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    What the actual fuck? They have Frost using Avalanche, Obliteration (that one made me cringe - no GA is HUGE), and Murderous Efficiency for single target AND high gear level. And arguably using RA instead of FScythe on single target for a high gear level is dumb as well. This is like them having Unholy using Unholy Frenzy for fuck's sake!

Good fucking lord, I really wish they would wait until they get some people with even basic knowledge about specs to give input on their sims rather than release... let's not mince words, utter garbage in some silly rush to "have it out there". And then a bunch of uninformed morons proceed to screenshot said DPS rankings and say, "lol Frost you baddy" or something similar.
    I've already had multiple whispers "why aren't you unholy?" in some dungeons or during wolrd quests when I am using Frost. People thought I was exaggerating but these dumb and uninformed raid leaders, pug players will eat the whole "lolFrost" up and create a stigma. Blizz really dropped the ball. Regardless of how bad these sims might be setup Frost being last when Blizz's own definition suggest it should be a top 5 on ST is disheartening to put it mildly.

Deleted
    Love the name. Big fan.

But yeah. Sims are bad. They're good at what they do, but rarely draw a realistic image of a raid.
    Last edited by mmoc3c02903358; 2016-09-03 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sindragosa's Fury, what an epic ability to have.

Unlocked it first and I cannot be more happy with it. Major lifesaver especially with early content being more of short fights.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    Sindragosa's Fury, what an epic ability to have.

Unlocked it first and I cannot be more happy with it. Major lifesaver especially with early content being more of short fights.
    What's your rotation ST?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    What's your rotation ST?
    Remorseless>Obliteration>Obli spam untill rime>Frost Strike to get KM from Obliteration.

I spend all runes possible during Remorseless winter phase to get 10 stacks and switch to Frost Striking when it ends. Some Frost Strikes here and there to help the Gathering Storm via Runic empowerement.

I have 1 Rotation, for both aoe and st. If Obliteration is on cd I use 2 obliterate after RW and if rime does not proc, I use HB on aoe. Frost strike on single target to gamble for Runic Empowerement>Obliterate>rime.

If I have a Rime ready when I have full GS stacks or when RW ends, I save it for the next RW to get more GS out of it easily.

My next major trait target is Hypothermia so when I get it I will immediately use HB regardless of KM or not to apply it directly to create more window for the Hypothermia to function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    Remorseless>Obliteration>Obli spam untill rime>Frost Strike to get KM from Obliteration.

I spend all runes possible during Remorseless winter phase to get 10 stacks and switch to Frost Striking when it ends. Some Frost Strikes here and there to help the Gathering Storm via Runic empowerement.

I have 1 Rotation, for both aoe and st. If Obliteration is on cd I use 2 obliterate after RW and if rime does not proc, I use HB on aoe. Frost strike on single target to gamble for Runic Empowerement>Obliterate>rime.

If I have a Rime ready when I have full GS stacks or when RW ends, I save it for the next RW to get more GS out of it easily.

My next major trait target is Hypothermia so when I get it I will immediately use HB regardless of KM or not to apply it directly to create more window for the Hypothermia to function.
    Ditch Obliteration for Glacial Advance and for the love of god get frostscythe.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Nath was the guy who claimed Plague leech was not worthwhile for blood in WoD

Hes a stubbron one he is.

but keep using GS and Obliteration atleast someone will technically be giving feedback on those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Get lost kid.

Deleted
    I'm fairly new to DK, I have barely any clue what the proper talent setups are for 110. At first I just took the Icy Veins guide for granted,m but often I see others speak about GA being best.

Has anybody bothered to sum up a proper talent guide?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    I'm fairly new to DK, I have barely any clue what the proper talent setups are for 110. At first I just took the Icy Veins guide for granted,m but often I see others speak about GA being best.

Has anybody bothered to sum up a proper talent guide?
    This my general use build i run for most content solos, 5man heroic/mythic http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/d...ght/frost/M2pM