Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Suramar City.... I'm speechlesss

Never have I ever seen something so impressive in World of Warcraft, it's absolutely astounding. I wish we could get a city hub like this, holy fucking shit. Not to mention how the dungeon/raid entrances are inside the city with old vanilla/tbc entrance swirls and you have to ATTUNE to them!

Just wanted to share my hype, leave below what you think of it.

Yeah, I love it aswell. Very well done.

Cant wait to get in the dungeons.

The city itself is, no, the whole zone is great. From the questing to the trees and the exploration its all wonderful! I just wish there was more world quest in the area up at a time.

They level designers really knocked it out of the park. Very immersive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, haven't quested there yet, but I took this after gliding onto a rooftop from highmountain.

its simply beautiful, not to mention a lot larger then it appears (at least till flying is implemented)

Deleted
    Its soooo cool, Im loving the quests. I also kinda like that they are rep-gated, it gives me some reputation to grind and I really look forward to reaching honored (should be tomorrow).

Also I went exploring deeper in the city and the underground areas, its huge.
    I wonder if there are quests that lead u into the Nighthold (not the raid, the actual outside version of the tower).

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its simply beautiful, not to mention a lot larger then it appears (at least till flying is implemented)
    The only thing I'm worried about is the majority of the city being unused in quests and therefore for naught.

Anyways have you guys been to the Zoo area in the city yet? (YES, THERE IS ACTUALLY A ZOO)

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i hope they make it a no flying zone ( the city only ) if flying happened

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    The only thing I'm worried about is the majority of the city being unused in quests and therefore for naught.

Anyways have you guys been to the Zoo area in the city yet? (YES, THERE IS ACTUALLY A ZOO)
    almost the entirety of the city is eventually used for some sort of quest. world quests, story progression at higher reputation, and just the regular quests cover nearly all of the city, with very little room to actually expand.

My hopes: Jaina destroys Dalaran in fit of rage, happens late in expansion when progress and patches could have us pacifying and making suramar more of a friendly place to be, no more demons that one elisandre removed, then we just move the now new hub to there and from there we would use that to spring board into the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    They level designers really knocked it out of the park. Very immersive.
    And artists*

Yes, it's stunning. I had goosebumps when I stepped in the first time. It's incredible.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Yeah, the artists/level design team, whoever worked on these zones really outdid themselves. All of the zones are incredible, Suramar especially so.

Ive more than been there. I was the madman who let the T-rex out and rode on its back laughing my ass off as it slaughtered all the highbornes who kept yelling lines from jurassic park at me xD

I wonder if this is what they were working on instead of WoD patches
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I wonder if this is what they were working on instead of WoD patches
    I think the obvious answer to that is yes, it is. They were trying to make it as good as possible as fast as possible, at the cost of content in the current expansion- they've all but said as much, in their statement that they're planning to focusing less on rushing out the next expansion, and more on providing consistent content updates for a longer-lasting expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been exploring it today, absolutely magnificent technically and artistically. One of the things that I find flying takes away from is the opportunity for blizzard's artists to frame spectacular scenes like this.

Stepping out of the doorway into that view for the first time was wonderful in a way this game hasn't been for quite a while. I mean, think about it. That image was crafted specifically for someone coming out of the door behind my character on foot. Viewed from any other angle (such as flying) and it doesn't have the same effect. Think about how that fel light that seems to hang over the city is emanating from the Tomb of Sargeras miles away in the distance, not from the palace right in front of me. Think about how that one image tells you everything you need to know about the story of Suramar. I could ignore all the quests, all the lore, everything, and stepping out of that door I could see who really ruled in Suramar. To me it's incredible.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2016-09-03 at 05:44 AM.

yep wonderful place, very much enjoying it

Deleted

There are lot of quests gated behind rep. but even then there is probably a lot unnused. But they already said the story will be updated in 7.1, so I think, eventually, we will have been everywhere. Not to mention they might add some more quests when the raids releases

yes its the best city i've seen in any MMO heck any RPG.. I went to SW to vist the AH and was like wow we need another re-do now to make it like Suramar. I can't wait to see it from the air!!! The angle and shots will be awesome, if they make this a no fly zone it will truly be a waist. I don't get why people don't want to explore via ground and air...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22