Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctz View Post
    Hi, as a new priest i need your advices.
    I have a hard time tracking atonements in dungeon because the debuff isn't displayed. In this guide (thx for this) it's advised to install an UI for this.
    I don't use one of them atm, only Bartender. What is in your opinion the most simple solution ? Seems like Shadowed unit frame might be but really not sure.
    Thank's !
    Shadowed Unit Frames

Grid2

Vuhdo

ElvUI

ZPerl

Healbot

Any of these work. Just please don't use the default raid UI; it's pretty bad.

We should submit a bug report on this issue of the disc hidden skin to get their attention to it.

What trinkets are people running after the dps trinket nerf? I have an Obelisk of the Void that I'm really liking, and I'm sure Horn of Valor is still good; what trinkets are other people having success with? I'm thinking of having a Promises deck crafted for raids, it seems like it would be strong on longer fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareturtle View Post
    What trinkets are people running after the dps trinket nerf? I have an Obelisk of the Void that I'm really liking, and I'm sure Horn of Valor is still good; what trinkets are other people having success with? I'm thinking of having a Promises deck crafted for raids, it seems like it would be strong on longer fights.
    Promises was nerfed heavily, please see the link in my signature for mana regen values for disc. Total has a disc trinket list that is helpful as well located here.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

I think damage proc trinkets in general are only doing about 20% of their damage, for Disc.

I got one that had a tooltip damage of 14-16k, but Skada showed it only hitting for 2-3k.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Disc hidden appearance is current bugged people think on wowhead comments.

I tried to ask a GM about it cause I thought maybe it was a bug with my character. I've been getting shadow priest relic world quests even though my spec and loot spec is Disc so I put it a ticket. They just closed my ticket with out speaking to me telling me to look at wowhead. So yeah....thanks for nothing lmao

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzirez View Post
    Promises was nerfed heavily, please see the link in my signature for mana regen values for disc. Total has a disc trinket list that is helpful as well located here.
    I was wondering if this spreadsheet is correct as of today?
    More specifically, why is Naraxas' Spiked Tongue ranked so well when it's a mastery trinket, and it too must have suffered from the nerfs to trinkets for Discipline?

Another trinket to look at is Obelisk of the Void, it's not on the spreadsheet but it has our best secondary stat (haste) and an on-use for intellect; even with the requirement of standing still, this should be great for burst healing - right?

On a final note, (edit): does anybody have any information on "stat weights" for us? How many item levels should we be prepared to sacrifice for optimal secondary stats (haste)? Are we aiming to reach a certain % of haste so that we can cast an extra PWR such that we can land two penance channels on an additional 3 atoned players?

I have a lot of varying gear and I can't choose whether to go for the highest item level for +intellect and bad stats or if I should sacrifice the intellect for haste?
    Last edited by mmoc14c3dc059a; 2016-09-03 at 10:29 PM.

Well if you have a badly itemized item that's only 5 ilvls above your current one, i wouldn't swap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Well if you have a badly itemized item that's only 5 ilvls above your current one, i wouldn't swap.
    Thank you, what about 10 ilvls or even 15?

(I know Shadow values Haste above even intellect, so they do anything to get it)... I have for example:

Stormsinger Fulmination Charge, an ilvl 830 Nightmare Bloom with 1023 intellect, 865 haste (and a socket, but we can disregard that for comparison) and an ilvl 840 Leycoral Shard which is 1123 intellect, 898 crit.

Comparing the last two trinkets, would it be worth dropping 10 item levels to take the Haste over Crit? (What about taking the socket into account)?

I also have an item level discrepancy of 15 in my waist item where one is Crit / Versa and the lower one is Haste / Crit... I'm just unsure how highly to value haste against other stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykurex View Post
    I was wondering if this spreadsheet is correct as of today?
    More specifically, why is Naraxas' Spiked Tongue ranked so well when it's a mastery trinket, and it too must have suffered from the nerfs to trinkets for Discipline?

Another trinket to look at is Obelisk of the Void, it's not on the spreadsheet but it has our best secondary stat (haste) and an on-use for intellect; even with the requirement of standing still, this should be great for burst healing - right?

On a final note, (edit): does anybody have any information on "stat weights" for us? How many item levels should we be prepared to sacrifice for optimal secondary stats (haste)? Are we aiming to reach a certain % of haste so that we can cast an extra PWR such that we can land two penance channels on an additional 3 atoned players?

I have a lot of varying gear and I can't choose whether to go for the highest item level for +intellect and bad stats or if I should sacrifice the intellect for haste?
    Obelisk of the Void isn't on it because it drops in Violet Hold, which has no Mythic+ mode and therefore never has a higher base ilvl than 840. On top of that, the rotating bosses last all week. We have Mindflayer this week, but we could easily not even see him again until raids are out.

Spiked Tongue is a lot of DPS, that's why it's rated highly. Mastery isn't good for dungeons, yes, but the purpose was not to analyze for dungeons because it's much more straightforward if all you care about is dungeons (take ones that do stats, and only ones that do stats, not mana or damage or healing).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Obelisk of the Void isn't on it because it drops in Violet Hold, which has no Mythic+ mode and therefore never has a higher base ilvl than 840. On top of that, the rotating bosses last all week. We have Mindflayer this week, but we could easily not even see him again until raids are out.

Spiked Tongue is a lot of DPS, that's why it's rated highly. Mastery isn't good for dungeons, yes, but the purpose was not to analyze for dungeons because it's much more straightforward if all you care about is dungeons (take ones that do stats, and only ones that do stats, not mana or damage or healing).
    Thanks for the reply, my only interest here is raiding and pre-raid trinkets; I wasn't aware VH didn't have a Mythic + mode. Are the AoE damage trinkets ranked badly due to their value on single-target fights and the chance they won't proc on large groups of adds?

In the interest of pre-raid, what trinkets are you aiming to have for the release of Nightmare?

I killed the rare in stormheim like 10 times and the tome did not drop. So idk how they can have a spawn timer.

Deleted
    So is disc in 5mans pretty much just spamming shadowmend untill we outgear the content severely? I feel like discipline was only designed around their potential in a raiding environment, with zero regard to any 5man play
    Last edited by mmoc606f8782a5; 2016-09-04 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohyumyumyum View Post
    So is disc in 5mans pretty much just spamming shadowmend untill we outgear the content severely? I feel like discipline was only designed around their potential in a raiding environment, with zero regard to any 5man play
    This is how it feels to me as well. Zone into dungeon, Shadowmend x700, loot. Repeat.

Are you guys playing with Schism?

Quote Originally Posted by Krbl View Post
    Are you guys playing with Schism?

No because mana.

Deleted
    Not really because of the mana, you can drink whenever you want in dungeons. But you simply don't have the time to schism all the time when you need to spam Shadowmend to get the amount of healing you need on the targets you want without the setup beforehand.

I like healing from my dps, but most of my atonement comes from pre-dotted SW:P's or a mindbender to get mana back, which happen to heal my shadowmend targets by circumstance. The only premeditated atonement healing I do is when about my entire party has atonement from my shadowmend spam in the first place, after which I can use my penance + light's wrath.
    Atonement still does a good portion of my healing, but most of it is done passively without much forethought put in and any active healing is done reactively through shadowmend spam, which simply doesn't feel right.

Healed a bunch of Mythics last night and it was pretty easy. I'm using Schism and have plenty of time to DPS. Yeah SM gets a lot of usage in 5 man but it's not nearly as bad as people make it seem. Did not have mana issues whatsoever. After getting flamed for joining a random heroic as disc (god forbid) and reading all the doom and gloom during prepatch I thought it was going to be a lot worse. Glad I stuck with Disc, it's definitely the most rewarding and fun to play priest spec in this expansion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't skip the no-brainer 5 man talent and then complain about having to spam shadowmend... =] Schism gives you the burst healing you need to make atonement healing work in 5 mans.

You should definitely be able to pull off a PW:S on the tank>Schism>Penance to bring the group up, without having the tank drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohyumyumyum View Post
    Not really because of the mana, you can drink whenever you want in dungeons. But you simply don't have the time to schism all the time when you need to spam Shadowmend to get the amount of healing you need on the targets you want without the setup beforehand.

I like healing from my dps, but most of my atonement comes from pre-dotted SW:P's or a mindbender to get mana back, which happen to heal my shadowmend targets by circumstance. The only premeditated atonement healing I do is when about my entire party has atonement from my shadowmend spam in the first place, after which I can use my penance + light's wrath.
    Atonement still does a good portion of my healing, but most of it is done passively without much forethought put in and any active healing is done reactively through shadowmend spam, which simply doesn't feel right.
    You can't drink whenever you want in mythic+.