Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a really minor part of the game in Legion, whereas it was a huge part of WoD. There is actual content to do in the world instead. It's not a big deal.

Man... the Legacy fanatics sure are grasping at straws right now.

The Mission Table fills the same role, it's the outcome of using it and HOW it is used which has changed. You won't have 10 alts with maxed out Order Halls that you log for 1 minute each per day and rake in thousands and thousands of gold every day from. Having a max level character in Legion is the sort of investment that fell short in WoD.

Garrisons became "optional" once you maxed out for that particular tier, Class Hall missions will be the exact same.

Also, they aren't mandatory for getting Artifact power, missions are not the only way. What you perceive as "mandatory" is just your desire to maximize your output while playing, for whatever reason that may be.

Also, the upcoming WoW Companion app will make it so you can deal with Missions while you're away from the game, which to me makes it much easier to manage.

The truth is that they didn't want to scrap all the work they put in designing mission table in WoD, so they re-used it in Legion and pretend that a lot of people loved it. Yeah some people love it but that's not the majority for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It's exactly the same thing. Sure there are fewer missions but I still have to stop what I'm doing every 2 hours and go send followers on new missions. Maybe we'll get to a point at endgame where we can just ignore the damn thing but as for now it's just an annoyance.
    No you don't

Deleted
    They're exactly the same as WoD Garrison missions, and at the same time so far apart you can't possibly compare them.

The UI and underlying mechanics are the same. However, the sphere of influence and dependency upon the order hall table compared to the garrison table are incomparable.

In WoD they were the content from start to end.

In Legion they are a low maintenance gating mechanic which you have a degree of influence to reduce the timing of and get small bonuses from.

It serves a perfectly reasonable alternative gating mechanic to a portion of content. We have other elements which are fine, reputation grinds like in Suramar or just flat time-waits like with artifact research. Other elements like ancient mana are just farming grinds,

These each serve a purpose to put the brakes on a bit and ensure you can do other things as well, the order hall mission table is an little something to now provide a bit of variation and mean when you're passing through your order hall there's likely to be something you can invest a few minutes in for a reasonable reward for those few minutes of effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It's exactly the same thing. Sure there are fewer missions but I still have to stop what I'm doing every 2 hours and go send followers on new missions. Maybe we'll get to a point at endgame where we can just ignore the damn thing but as for now it's just an annoyance.
    You don't. They are bringing out an app so you can do all your Hall missions while questing, without returning. You'll likely have your phone on your desk anyway, so why not run the app?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    you're blind if you think itll be the same as a garrison. far fewer missions, far fewer followers, far fewer rewards. after a certain point it will become 100% optional
    ... you do realize you described the exact same system only with fewer followers and missions... right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chamual View Post
    You don't. They are bringing out an app so you can do all your Hall missions while questing, without returning. You'll likely have your phone on your desk anyway, so why not run the app?
    "Bringing out" doesn't help us today, now does it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    "Bringing out" doesn't help us today, now does it?
    It's like literally on Tuesday... 3 days from now. The expansion will be out at least another 18 months.

It's like literally on Tuesday... 3 days from now. The expansion will be out at least another 18 months.
    You didn't hear? Legion is ending on Monday.

Seems to be a pretty big difference between WoD and Legion's mission tables: unless I'm much mistaken, Legion's mission tables are not and cannot be self-sustaining.

e.g. how many people in WoD had multiple alts that they never actually played, but constantly managed missions on, because missions and garrison cache provided the resources needed for missions?

Unless there's something I haven't seen yet, there's no way to get order hall resources without actually playing, is there?

So you won't have alts that you never play but feel you have to log into every morning and evening to rotate missions. You'll have no resources unless you play them and do e.g. world quests.

Same devs same philosophies I've said that countless times

So far my experience has been >Go to Hall to pick artifact trait> Launch a new mission> don't bother going back until I've unlocked another trait.

It's background content. Much less demanding than Garrisons.

The rewards are a bit laughable though.

So many tears. Sorry that having to spend 60 seconds in an interface a few times a day max is ruining your entire life.

Deleted
    It's so weird. 100% of people I've talked to hated this part of WoD, but it's the one thing they keep.

10+ Year Old Account
    only thing i find odd is that we got like only 8 followers but get a cap of 5
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    The only reason people hated the mission tables in Warlords is because it was the only thing to do. That's garrisons in a nutshell. People loved them for the first few month and wouldn't have had a problem with them if Blizzard had kept adding new content to the game, and continued to tweak them.

In Legion they're almost completely optional. You get like 100 free artifact power every once in a while if you click the button. That's it.

This is like complaining about Blingtron 5000 or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    In order to complete the garrison campaign, I'm pretty sure you need to do a series of eight-hour missions (demon hunter).
    You mean that you have to push a few buttons and wait. How horrible for you.

Think of it like a daily quest. You run by it. You click a couple buttons. It takes five seconds to do. The next time you run by it you click it a few more times and get free shit.

You act like you're forced to sit there staring at a mission table for eight hours, or that it's the only form of content in the game.

Is this really the hill you want to die on? You know what's infinitely less convenient than the mission table? Hiding your helmet slot now that it's tied to transmogrification. Go complain about that and I'll be on board.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2016-09-04 at 02:09 AM.

You won't be able to use the app while logged into the game though.

Deleted
    "you must do missions for artifact power"

you need around 40k resources for the class hall upgrades alone, 500 resources for 150 or whatever artifactpower might not be the wisest investment.
    And even if it is later, you can get the same amount from a random world quest in 5 minutes.

The missions arent nearly as mandatory as before.

the only important missions are the class hall missions that time gate your 3rd artifact slot, but this is gone next week for even the most annoying class campaigns.

Im not playing Legion yet but...isnt a bit early to complain about such things?Its not like everyone already capped 110 and maxed proffesions on all characters,get all achiev,mounts,pets,already geared up,,checked all zones and dungeons and now are only doing Class Order Halls.

If you have a reason to leave you Order hall and do stuff.Isnt already better then WoD?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4