Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The Horde also has the most insanely passionate members defending everything they do. So its even more like them than the Alliance.

The Alt-Right would be like Garrosh and the True Horde. They do whatever the fuck they want because they can and don't care what anyone else thinks. Regardless of how stupidly wrong they are.
    The Alt-Right IMHO has no real power, at best obnoxious meme's at worse cruel internet trolls.

The Social Justice crowd however actually can command a degree of power, not much but compared to the Alt-Right, errrrrr? The other major difference is because of Peo's Law its completely impossible to determine who is actually genuine or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

So then maybe the alt-right are Murlocs?

Deceptively numerous and always stupidly annoying. And constantly showing up after you think there's no way they could still be around.

SJWs would probably be all the non-Darkspear trolls. Taking themselves way too seriously, never going away, and being an actual threat to the world whenever they show up. And every time you beat their ass and they disappear, you think they're done. But they show back up in a new form.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I would reverse it, because SJW's, much like the Horde has the help of others to make them seem better than they rightfully are. Much as SocJus can count on a Centre-Left media determined to appear progressive, the Horde can always count on Chris Metzen.
    You can think about it that way, for sure.
    What I meant was more of an "ingame with no broken fourth wall" comparison. The Alliance is "mostly" together in that there is 'little animosity' between its member races. Maybe between the Draenei and NElfs initially considering the NElf that screams "EREDAR" at you in the starting zone, but that has been resolved.

The Horde?

Vol'jin and Garrosh's 'discussions' at the beginning of Cata (the last xpac I was subbed for so it's still kinda fresh when I think of WoW)
    "Watch your clever mouth, bitch" - Garrosh, to Sylvanas, Cata.
    Lor'themar's negative gestures towards Sylvanas following Garrosh's defeat.
    "I never trusted you." - Vol'jin, to Sylvanas before his death.
    Less of an integrated group in that sense, like what the Alt-Right actually is.

But your comparison is valid too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

7+ Year Old Account
    So then maybe the alt-right are Murlocs?

Deceptively numerous and always stupidly annoying. And constantly showing up after you think there's no way they could still be around.
    Murlocs, though sometimes intermittently swinging from intelligent folk to certified lunatic.

Alt-Right is hard to read, one minute they are discussing "The Managerial Revolution," the next minute they say "Hitler DID NOTHING WRONG!"

Some seem like legitimately bright Conservatives, MOST? Are basic /pol/tards. At best I can just say the Alt-Right is made up of disaffected people, most of them either former liberals, conservatives and maybe? Liberals and Libertarians though the Alt-Right is decidedly for sure Anti-Liberalism.... I think. Which gets to the heart of it, explaining what the Alt-Right is beyond Murlocs is really hard.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

i know ctrl alt del is real. VERY REAL. it used to be this scary thing when i was a kid.

7+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand I don't fault Hillary Clinton for trying to pin peoples dislike of her as a vast internet conspiracy to fuck with her. In a sense I think she is trying to do what the Social Justice crowd did with Gamergate, make it a boogeyman in the tradition press to be name dropped whenever something bad happens for the Clinton campaign.

She will probably run with this Alt-Right thing for the duration of her presidency and latch herself to the Social Justice crowd (However superficially) to create a powerful defensive wall.

They exist on /pol/.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Uhhh... welcome to mmoc gen-ot. You can find alt-righters in almost every thread.

Glad I could clear that up for you.
    That's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    The "alt right" has other, more appropriate names: racists, misogynists, sexists, homophobes, transphobes, islamaphobes, fatphobes, bigots, wastes of oxygen.
    sociology major?

7+ Year Old Account
    SJWs would probably be all the non-Darkspear trolls. Taking themselves way too seriously, never going away, and being an actual threat to the world whenever they show up. And every time you beat their ass and they disappear, you think they're done. But they show back up in a new form.
    Also the hair color fits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    The "alt right" has other, more appropriate names: racists, misogynists, sexists, homophobes, transphobes, islamaphobes, fatphobes, bigots, wastes of oxygen.
    Don't worry, we won't corrupt your wife's son.

no but in all seriousness i think it is clinton fiction. clinton fan fiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    That's bullshit.
    I've seen right-wing lunatics here who were so racist they thought "shill" and "jew" were synonyms. There was another regular right-wing poster recently laughing about how he raped his wife while she was unconscious. Hell, just take a peek at the Clinton megathread. The title of this one alone is an alt-right conspiracy theory, are we supposed to believe Clinton has the SPLC under her control?

You'd have to be blind or willfully ignorant to think otherwise. Oh wait, look who I'm talking to
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segaman View Post
    no but in all seriousness i think it is clinton fiction. clinton fan fiction.
    How can one have fan fiction, if one has no fans?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    How can one have fan fiction, if one has no fans?

oooooh

I've seen right-wing lunatics here who were so racist they thought "shill" and "jew" were synonyms. There was another regular right-wing poster recently laughing about how he raped his wife while she was unconscious. Hell, just take a peek at the Clinton megathread. The title of this one alone is an alt-right conspiracy theory, are we supposed to believe Clinton has the SPLC under her control?
    You said every thread not both mega threads. You can go ahead and conveniently ignore the other guy who called you out on saying that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    You said every thread
    I said almost every thread.

Once again, you need to work on your reading comprehension.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    The white male supremacists have been around for a long time but just now they are calling themselves alt-right.
    Black Lives Matter

7+ Year Old Account
    The Alt-Right posts mean meme's,

Social Justice Warriors have inspired riots and murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The Alt-Right have inspired riots and murder,

Social Justice Warriors post mean meme's.
    Interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting.
    I guess one could argue BLM is separate.... but is it really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting.
    Remember that British MP that was meme'd to death?
    Black Lives Matter