Mining Quest Drops

Finished the quest line to unlock the quest drops for Leystone, but after hitting up roughly 100 of them, I still have not gotten the drop to level up to rank 2. Anyone else having issues?

Deleted
    you get rank 2 quest drops once ALL of your leystone mining techniques are rank 1. After that its RNG. Took me about 50 nodes. Friends of mine are at 200 +..

While skinners are just laughing at us.

Deleted
    Jokes on them, the cost of ores on most servers are stupidly high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    Jokes on them, the cost of ores on most servers are stupidly high.
    thats prolly because of the 110 scaling.. you aggro like everything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    thats prolly because of the 110 scaling.. you aggro like everything

That is not even close to why, but okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    That is not even close to why, but okay.
    glad you pointed it out by giving no other reason. True champ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    glad you pointed it out by giving no other reason. True champ
    It is because of the insane amounts of ore you need for 850 gearing, both from getting obliterum and the base sets themselves.
    Couple this with no garrion mines and ground mount only in maps with large elevation differences, then the ore is harder to get.
    And least, but not last profession crafting quests that usually requires an obscene amount of materials because it is for patterns you are not R3 with.

in short: difficult resource to get a lot quickly of coupled with an extremely high demand gives large prices.

I got 2 for leystone and 2 for felslate like right away, but Living Leystone and Felslate Deposit refused to drop for a very, very long time. I now have rank 3 of leystone seam and living felslate without either of those.

Also, rank 3 living felslate is pointless because the mobs still only give 1 felslate.

I spent about an hour last night doing mining laps around Suramar and I got the quest item needed to get leystone mining rank 2, but some people in my guild have spent way longer and not have had a single quest item drop so its all down to luck.

Same here, really strange. Got the quest item for felslate from the first node, till now i am waiting for anything to drop from leystone, and i mined more than 100...

Deleted
    i got all my rank 2's the rank 3's are posing a problem for me, only got one, leystone deposits, i finished a 200+ felslate mob run earlier today with no luck

for rank 2 the leystone seam and felslate deposit took me the longest, also i got the rank 3 leystone deposit before i got the rank 2 leystone seam