Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialout View Post
    Either you are on a PVP server or you have to flag yourself prior to entry, or if you flag yourself/call the guards off you are phased in with an instance where the guards are already called off.
    That defeats the entire purpose of the design and the risk vs reward factor they want. It throws a random element into the mindless farming/camping for mostly option stuff if you don't PvP. If you don't want to PvP hire a guard (which reportedly is bugged http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...erbelly-issue/) or leave when the guards take a break. After the first few times you know to expect it to happen and you should easily be prepared for an escape. Or you don't escape and you walk less then a min back to your corpse and move on.

I don't like PvP much as I usually suck at it but its a fun little break to the same old same old. And prolongs the farming a little bit. Its not like you lose anything for being killed down there.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The issue really lies in the fact that some A-hole can bribe the guards to leave if it was a set time of pvp and pve with no way of ending the pve when the mobs are at 2% just to be an asshat. it would be fine.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    For those of us who actually disable PVP unless we're queued for it and are on PVE servers, there should be a way to disable the FFA madness, or at least make it so our bodyguard can't be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelleous View Post
    Pretty hilarious that a section that is .001% of legion would cause you not to sub because it is forced pvp.
    That's just the last straw that broke the game for me.

If they fix that...I probably won't return anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    This is hard to figure out?

The longer it takes to do things, the longer you'll be subbed, at least until you've completed the content you want to do; which also means less content they have to create before you've gone through it. Multiplied by millions of players it adds up pretty fast.
    if it takes you 2 weeks to do some thing compared to 3 weeks it doesn't matter to them as you pay for a month unless what ever your doing is gonna takes months and months they wouldent care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Good thing I never bought Legion.
    That's actually a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    That's actually a bad thing.
    After WoD I said I'd wait and see before buying Legion.
    If Blizz ever takes its collective head out of its ass and realizes that gating PvE content behind PvP was a bad idea in that it robbed the players of their choice in play-style...maybe I'll change my mind. (There is someone trying to sweet talk me into it in real life)

As It is I saved my money.
    And in another few weeks (the time I have left) I'll be saving $15 a month. And a bit of negative emotion that I'd feel over a damn game...of all things. *sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    if it takes you 2 weeks to do some thing compared to 3 weeks it doesn't matter to them as you pay for a month unless what ever your doing is gonna takes months and months they wouldent care.
    It has nothing to do with subs being monthly. Many things in the game go much longer than that especially at the start of an xpac - raid tiers, PvP seasons, leveling alts, and so on.

In your example of doing something in just two weeks - that third week you'll move on to other content instead of staying on something for three weeks. Then if other things take you 50% longer (2 + 50% = 3) to finish X weeks of content, over the course of an xpac that's 50% more sub time you'll pay for than you would have.

Not hard to understand.

7+ Year Old Account
    It has nothing to do with subs being monthly. Many things in the game go much longer than that especially at the start of an xpac - raid tiers, PvP seasons, leveling alts, and so on.

In your example of doing something in just two weeks - that third week you'll move on to other content instead of staying on something for three weeks. Then if other things take you 50% longer (2 + 50% = 3) to finish X weeks of content, over the course of an xpac that's 50% more sub time you'll pay for than you would have.

Not hard to understand.
    once again you pay for a month if some thing takes 3 weeks unless you have 4 different things that take like 3 weeks your gonna be subed for more then a month if you start some thing that takes 2 weeks and you have another thing that takes 2 weeks after that your gonna be subed for 2 months while yo do it unless you start the first thing the first day of your sub and cancel your sub and finish right on the last day of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Such a restriction of content T_T Point is back in the day and at least up to MoP noone would ever complain that there are pvp exclusive zones even in pve servers. WoD and later seems that we re co-playing with the most sensitive playerbase ever.
    You refuse to listen, Gurubashi arena isn't in a main hub, you aren't forced to go there for professions, it doesn't neuter half of a city for people who don't want to pvp.

You say things but you refuse to have a single coherent thought before you let those thoughts fall out of your mouth.

People put up with poor game design back in the day. MC bosses with 2 mechanics, class/specs that were so bad they literally weren't played by anyone in raids/pvp. Lack of quests to the point where you had to grind xp. People don't get on their knees and accept crap like this anymore.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-09-05 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    once again you pay for a month if some thing takes 3 weeks unless you have 4 different things that take like 3 weeks your gonna be subed for more then a month if you start some thing that takes 2 weeks and you have another thing that takes 2 weeks after that your gonna be subed for 2 months while yo do it unless you start the first thing the first day of your sub and cancel your sub and finish right on the last day of it.

OMG. *bangshead

(Obviously our education system has failed us.)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's world pvp in a nutshell. Lots of people were crying that they want world pvp back - here you go. It's past the "i killed this dude 3 times and he brought a friend so a brought a friend too and he brought a friend and everyone brought a friend" point tho, so it's the core of world pvp - everyone killing everyone.

You can also buy your way out of it for 5 gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeki Breeki View Post
    Most annoying? More like most enjoyable thing in legion, as an 843 Ilvl prot pally i feel like a god down there takes so many people to kill me ( that is if they can kill me ). But in the end if you go down there expect there to be PvP, cant handle the PvP? don't go down there its simple.
    Especially with weird potion that makes a giant. Yep. Crazy shit.

Also funny stuff happens, yesterday when i was fishing for eyes, there was one very angry pvp dude who yelled at everyone who fished out of "his" pools. So, he was threatening to kill them, and one guy really went away. Then returned with a bodyguard and said "good luck killing me now" to him. Oh my god the kid rage was hilarious
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-09-05 at 05:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I have an i5 2500, 8gb ddr3 ram and a brand new 1060 gpu. My framerate drops to 12 in there. Can't even imagine how unplayable it is for those just running the recommended requirements for Legion, much less the minimum requirements. Bet it's pretty sweet pvp for those with some crazy clocked i7 skylake and a Titan gpu. Lot's of free HK's of people with worse systems.

7+ Year Old Account
    OMG. *bangshead

(Obviously our education system has failed us.)
    ya your not refuting my point unless you have some kind of goal that takes exactly 30 days to do and you start on day 1 of 30 or your gonna be subed for more then 1 month any way so why care if some thing takes slighter longer it really doesn't matter and is unlikely to effect your month to month subbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    I can't believe the pages and pages of whine over this. Get over yourselves. It's just a minor piece of silly fun. Cone out of your safe place for a bit and give it a go.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya your not refuting my point unless you have some kind of goal that takes exactly 30 days to do and you start on day 1 of 30 or your gonna be subed for more then 1 month any way so why care if some thing takes slighter longer it really doesn't matter and is unlikely to effect your month to month subbing.
    I've already refuted your point. You've failed to comprehend it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    I don't know who thought it would be fun to put 100+ ppl in a small place and make it free for all and have annoying quests there that you can't complete because of lag or you get killed by others or the rare elite kills you or there are way too many people for just a few mobs.... I hope they change it or something because this is really frustrating. Ashran happened and they still keep making bad pvp zones, oh wait, you can't even do proper pvp in this zone, because 50 ppl jumps on you and you can't see anything.. I probably complete the forge quest and never come back to that place.
    Spend 5 gold to get a personal sewer guard.

And they didn't put 100+ players down there, 100+ players chose to go there because most people (believe it or not) like it. I genuinely hope they never change it because it's interesting and fun, if you want boring stale nothing you can find a WoD private server.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep
    We're FORCED to PvP on a PvE server, there's no option for us to avoid it at all!
    PvE servers have CLEAR functions. Faction control based auto flagging is turned off. PvE is not a "You'll never have to see any PvP anywhere ever my dear babies", and it never has been. This complaint is the same as a horde playing whining that they have to talk to alliance NPCs while questing. Being Horde does not mean you never have to talk to an alliance NPC, nor does a PvE server mean you'll never see PvP. You have a perfectly good way to avoid participating in it, but continue to complain. I think it's less about you not wanting to PvP and more about you wanting to find something to try and take away from everyone else.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2016-09-05 at 06:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've already refuted your point. You've failed to comprehend it though.
    you really haven't you have also not stated how no flying or giving for 5 seconds in the underbelly would lead to you subbing more then a month as you stated in your first post you think there just there to expend your sub time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pay 5g. Not working? Complain to costumer service to get it fixed.

Optionally I suppose they can make a guard always follow you in PvE realms.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    you really haven't you have also not stated how no flying or giving for 5 seconds in the underbelly would lead to you subbing more then a month as you stated in your first post you think there just there to expend your sub time.
    There's nothing more to say until you grasp the concept that a sub time of one month is not the metric that matters.