Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really matter, no different than it's always been with gearing up in a new expansion. My only concern is that they're gonna have to redo all the classes and rotations again after legion is done.

Deleted
    My theory is that, story wise, we will expend their powers to open the portal to Argus.

Coincidentially, said portal will require a power equal to "roughly 36 powerful weapons", according to Professor Khadgar's calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I doubt they are going to take away our artifacts - would make it rather weird if they do so. How'd they execute that without some negative result? Are the artifacts going to disappear after you clear the raid / end of expansion? People will riot and I don't think Blizzard is that much of a M to enjoy the resulted QQ.
    Ya I would get so so mad at blizzard for taking away loot that took me 10 mins to get.

Deleted
    @Qualia I actually think it will be the other way around. People might rage if they were forced to keep the same weapon around for more than one expansion, regardless of how much layers you slap on top of it.

What if there is no new expension and the sotry of WoW just ends with your hero, his artifact in his hand, to shape whatever is coming in the future, millions of possible stories bla bla?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anholi View Post
    Since I'm monk, I don't really care, my artifact looks awful.
    You do know, there is this feature called Transmogrification, right?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    What if we absorb their powers and make the weapons be part of us but they're lost in the process?

We'd still get to keep all of the traits and so on, but the weapons would be gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    My theory is that, story wise, we will expend their powers to open the portal to Argus.

Coincidentially, said portal will require a power equal to "roughly 36 powerful weapons", according to Professor Khadgar's calculations.
    LOL.. That would be epic...

And then we get a green weapon, when we hand in the quest..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    What if we absorb their powers and make the weapons be part of us but they're lost in the process?
    Well, considering that they explicitly said in the latest panel that some of the traits might become baseline if Artifacts didn't carry over, I think you can go for that as a headcanon at least even though I doubt they will justify it that way. They never bothered justifying your character spell changes.

Take my paladin for example. She lost the auras and seals, right? Well, in my head canon because she is so fucking powerful now that those things are sort of "built in" inside her body, and she doesn't need to cast them anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anholi View Post
    Since I'm monk, I don't really care, my artifact looks awful.
    I just hope you are not talking about brewmaster because anyone who carries this one looks like total badass
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

In my own head cannon, my artifacts are the Hammer of Atonement and the Aldori Legacy Defender. Both look every bit as special as the new artifact skins, and suit my Draenei pally better. One advantage is that I won’t ever have to give them up, just keep updating the stats with whatever Blizz comes up with next.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    In my own head cannon, my artifacts are the Hammer of Atonement and the Aldori Legacy Defender. Both look every bit as special as the new artifact skins, and suit my Draenei pally better. One advantage is that I won’t ever have to give them up, just keep updating the stats with whatever Blizz comes up with next.
    No good real player will roleplay as the "Highlord" or the "Ashbringer", in case of paladins for instant. My blood elf female is going to be played as part of the Highlord Council (alongside Tyros and the others), and since she is actually very recognized by the game and the server community, she will wield a weapon called "The Ashweaver" that is based on the Ashbringer wielded by the former/current Highlord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Well, considering that they explicitly said in the latest panel that some of the traits might become baseline if Artifacts didn't carry over, I think you can go for that as a headcanon at least even though I doubt they will justify it that way. They never bothered justifying your character spell changes.

Take my paladin for example. She lost the auras and seals, right? Well, in my head canon because she is so fucking powerful now that those things are sort of "built in" inside her body, and she doesn't need to cast them anymore.
    I can see Blizzard making the artifact spell baseline for each spec, and then the 3 major artifact traits would become talents, that would make a lot of sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Make them looms

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can just see Thrall rocking up on the doorstep of the Shaman order hall demanding that we give his favourite toy back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Think it depends on how well artifacts end up doing with the population in the long run, its not even a month after release. We need to see if people generally like the artifacts a 6 months from now. If we do still find them fun or interesting then I can see them working a system for future expacs were we end up reshaping them into new weapons. If we end up hating them in the long run its as simple as saying "Thrall wanted Doomhamer back so we gave it back" or "Khadger wants to pul Felomalorn into a safe vault in Dalaran"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I can just see Thrall rocking up on the doorstep of the Shaman order hall demanding that we give his favourite toy back.
    More like in an epic pathetic story to redeem Thrall, the enhancement shaman champion will volunteer to give it back because no one is more fit to wield it than His Holiness. :V

Why not just keep expanding and reworking the traits on the artifacts with additional skins for the next expansions? There is no reason for them to be taken away after legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    Why not just keep expanding and reworking the traits on the artifacts with additional skins for the next expansions? There is no reason for them to be taken away after legion.
    There is actually no reason for them to STAY beyond Legion, too. Also, "more skins" isn't really a long term attractive model. Sure, it's great for like.. An expansion or so, but beyond that?

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Or...

A bit of karma comes our way, final raid encounter of the expac, we lose and the boss loots our corpses?

Imp #62 ‘Did you get any drops from tonights raid?’
    Fel guard #81 ‘Another bloody Ashbringer –I need Titanforged to get my item level up for the mythic progression team’.

While I’m enjoying the progression of the weapon and levelling it up, I still don’t like being a special snowflake wandering around with the scythe of Elune –and being greeted as ‘Archdruid’ is even more irritating than ‘Commander’.