Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    There better be a viable alternative to finding sightless eyes not involving PvP.
    There already is. So you have no problem with the current system despite length posts saying the system is flawed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Making it an issue of patience, not PvP. If the eyes only dropped during a random 5 min interval, with you not being able to farm at all otherwise, you'd complain about the lock out, not PvP. Your argument is actually 'I want it now', not 'damn PvP barrier'...
    No.
    There are two play-style choices; PvE and PvP. I made my choice long ago. No one gets to change that for any reason.
    How long ago was it that entering a BG with PvE gear on was a no-no? Now of course things change. We now have legit griefers that simply want to kill inexperienced players that have no interest in PvP.
    This was the last straw of several...On the WoW forums it looks to be 20:1 against this idiocy.

I can't even conceive what the rationale behind this shit could be. If the guards worked well enough...consistently, then that negates PvP...ok. Why not simply it to the default unflagged instead? Cuts out the middle-man (the guard). Oh...but if the choice is given on a PvE server...then of course most will likely never flag themselves. Thus a PvP area becomes nothing more than a massed dueling area...which is nearly what Dalaran Sewers were anyway..

So the rationale is likely not going to make any sense no matter how they perfume it, it's going to stink anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    If you're not good at PvP don't enter a PvP zone...not rocket science.
    I disagree here... The sort of PvP that happens in sewers, requires no PvP skill. It's random chaos... In fact, if you are terrible at PvP, but want to smack others around a bit, then this is the place to go.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I made my choice long ago. No one gets to change that for any reason.
    Blizzard just did. Deal it with.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    There are two play-style choices; PvE and PvP. I made my choice long ago. No one gets to change that for any reason.
    If the paradigm changed away from PvP, while maintaining the same timing, you would still have this issue. Meaning that PvP has nothing to do with your issue. If PvP was removed, but the amount of eyes needed increased to match your current rate, your issue would remain. Your complaint has nothing to do with PvP. The only reason you bring it up, is it's a far easier target of sympathy, then being honest with your self and just saying 'I want it now'.

How long ago was it that entering a BG with PvE gear on was a no-no? Now of course things change. We now have legit griefers that simply want to kill inexperienced players that have no interest in PvP.
    This was the last straw of several...On the WoW forums it looks to be 20:1 against this idiocy.
    None of this has anything to do with PvP gear or anything if the sort. The area is filled with people below level 110, who are there just for the fun chaos. The more you talk about sewers, the less I believe you ever stepped foot there.

I can't even conceive what the rationale behind this shit could be. If the guards worked well enough...consistently, then that negates PvP...ok. Why not simply it to the default unflagged instead? Cuts out the middle-man (the guard). Oh...but if the choice is given on a PvE server...then of course most will likely never flag themselves. Thus a PvP area becomes nothing more than a massed dueling area...which is nearly what Dalaran Sewers were anyway..
    Because people go there for the fun, not just to collect quests and eyes. You have options to avoid it, that center on simply waiting. The stop and go of the bodyguards adds fun to the point of a chaotic PvP free for all. It makes it more fun, like being a giant and doing 3 times damage and health. This is not a competitive PvP zone...

So the rationale is likely not going to make any sense no matter how they perfume it, it's going to stink anyway.
    Depends on how highly you rate fun, versus your ability to get eyes ASAP...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Blizzard just did. Deal it with.
    They didn't even....
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Got the Ratstalion mount already. I will never put a foot there again. Too many players to enjoy the pvp aspect of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It does not make someone a pussy if they choose to play on a PvE realm, or avoid what is going to be near slideshow experience for many.
    There are reasons to be there other than PvP.

As a new idea it has merits, but as a new idea I think it still has issues.
    D'oh come on ComputerNerd even you fell for it? I wasn't being serious, such is the horror of text based media. I've used it plenty of times myself because I was getting crazy of not being able to do anything because of the AOE and lag. I just wanted to point out that there's a way to evade it, because the way people talked on the first page it seemed like they weren't aware of it. Halfway I decided that "If you're a pussy" would be a good way to emulate a ganking dick. I'll never do it again daddy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I actually pay for the guard not because I don't like PvP - I don't mind it in most situations. I pay it because I lag out so badly in the Underbelly when there's a large number of people in there that I literally die before I can see who is killing me. And that, my friend, is simply not enjoyable.
    Oh yeah I agree
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2016-09-05 at 04:18 PM.

No.

Well you've already ignored several others pointing out that the consistency you reference to is a misunderstanding on your part. You also ignored my point that you greatly exaggerate the difficulty in getting eyes and furthermore, you're now relying on what is a non issue as your argument in this post is "well you can entirely ignore the pvp but it's still stupid".

Also, the constant ellipses are tiring. This isn't 2005 and I assume you are older than 13. No need to post like you're on Myspace talking about how much you hate your parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Dalaran sewer has the most annoying lags ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    D'oh come on ComputerNerd even you fell for it? I wasn't being serious, such is the horror of text based media. I've used it plenty of times myself because I was getting crazy of not being able to do anything because of the AOE and lag. I just wanted to point out that there's a way to evade it, because the way people talked on the first page it seemed like they weren't aware of it. Halfway I decided that "If you're a pussy" would be a good way to emulate a ganking dick. I'll never do it again daddy
    A lot of people do genuinely think like that, that anyone not actively seeking PvP is a coward.
    Ironically given how a lot of what is claimed to be PvP is avoiding the versus component which defines that.
    Just look at the threads about PvP realms.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Just make the delay between "guards taking a break" and FFA flagging into 30sec or something and it's fine.

As for the heroes claiming people are "cowards" for avoiding pvp - you know what? I transferred to a pve realm for a reason, after playing on a pvp one for 2 years. Any time the pvp content forces me to scrape by pvp, I get agitated, considering I spent actual money to get away from it.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Really not sure why this is a discussion. You have three very simple options

1) Partake in the PvP.
    2) Pay the carebear tax.
    3) Leave.

If you don't like what is on offer, simply do not go there.

No.

The PvE player entitlement is real.

Why the hell do you go to a PvP zone and expect not to PvP? That would be like me going to your Random Dragon #842 raid and complain there is a boss instead of a BG to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    Oh yeah I agree
    K. Just making sure. I am an admitted carebear - I don't initiate PvP out in the world (I'm on a PvP server), but I'm fully prepared to engage in it if attacked.

I'm kinda vindictive. :|

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post

Why the hell do you go to a PvP zone and expect not to PvP? That would be like me going to your Random Dragon #842 raid and complain there is a boss instead of a BG to fight.
    In fairness, several profession quests require you to go down there, and I know that one vendor there had several patterns for my professions that I needed to get. So I kinda had to go there even tho I wasn't interested in PvPing with anyone.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    In fairness, several profession quests require you to go down there, and I know that one vendor there had several patterns for my professions that I needed to get. So I kinda had to go there even tho I wasn't interested in PvPing with anyone.
    The solution to which can be yours for the princely sum of 5 gold.

Because there are non PvP quests down there required to advance professions. I have a feeling people wouldn't be arguing over this if those quests were not down there. I avoided the place like the plague on the beta and I will continue to avoid it when I buy Legion later on. PvP isn't my thing and I purposely transferred off the PvP server I was on when I quit hardcore raiding, since the guild was the only reason I was on a PvP server to begin with. Also, the BMAH is down there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I pay for the guard since I lag out horribly down there. I'm just explaining why PvE players are in a PvP zone unwillingly.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Because there are non PvP quests down there required to advance professions. I have a feeling people wouldn't be arguing over this if those quests were not down there. I avoided the place like the plague on the beta and I will continue to avoid it when I buy Legion later on. PvP isn't my thing and I purposely transferred off the PvP server I was on when I quit hardcore raiding, since the guild was the only reason I was on a PvP server to begin with. Also, the BMAH is down there as well.
    Why would anyone bother making a post complaining about it if they only wished to be down there for a profession quest? Is paying 5 gold really worth all this crying? It goes much further than profession quests to warrant all this attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Why would anyone bother making a post complaining about it if they only wished to be down there for a profession quest? Is paying 5 gold really worth all this crying? It goes much further than profession quests to warrant all this attention.
    There's also the BMAH and the guard, if it doesn't bug out, only lasts 5 minutes. I think it should last longer.

I payed the 5g and I got 5 feet into the sewer and he ran off twice...

Deleted
    Really not sure why this is a discussion. You have three very simple options

1) Partake in the PvP.
    2) Pay the carebear tax.
    3) Leave.

If you don't like what is on offer, simply do not go there.

Clear evidence of someone not actually reading the thread to find out the issue.

The PVP area is fine. It's Blizzard placing some PVE content down there. We couldn't care less if PVP happened down there. The whole eyes stuff is also fine, stuff you have to PVP in order to earn has been around for ages but as far as I recall they haven't placed a step of a profession chain within a PVP area before have they?

Additionally repeatedly stated through out the thread is that the "carebear tax" doesn't work. We're not sure if it's bugged or intended but your bodyguard walks away with the bribed guards so you could employ it and watch it walk away seconds later.

Another late to the party, missed all the fun. I would pay 100g if it meant I could walk down there and not get flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    There's also the BMAH and the guard, if it doesn't bug out, only lasts 5 minutes. I think it should last longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I payed the 5g and I got 5 feet into the sewer and he ran off twice...
    And there are two examples you don't have to go back to read.
    Last edited by mmoc150ef56254; 2016-09-05 at 07:54 PM. Reason: meh one post is tidier than multiples