10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraios View Post
    Soooo. I got around to leveling my holy paladin and let me say, I heard a lot of people dissing holy Paladins as boring, low skill cap, and limited to tank healing. Boy does beacon of virtue change that.
    Yes, that's what I thought as well. Then, by the time I was at the last mythics of the week, I swapped to Lightbringer and never looked back.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Yes, that's what I thought as well. Then, by the time I was at the last mythics of the week, I swapped to Lightbringer and never looked back.
    I find light of dawn to be fairly underwhelming for 5mans. Without telling my group to be within a 15yd cone, the chances that I hit more than 3 targets is low. Besides that, the versatility of BoV makes it my choice for mythics by far. The ability to be pumping heals into the tank and incidentally heal up the rest of the group when they need it was very strong. Similarly, it allows mana conservation by healing 4 targets to full from a few globals.

Why did you use lightbringer over virtue for mythics? There is not even a melee/ranged stack o.o
    To be honest, virtue alone is basically making me consider my hpal alt over my MW main haha. Just have to convince my guild to let me try Virtue huehuehue.

I'm also running light bringer in mythic dungeons. Not only did bov feel clunky to me, it was also entirely unnecessary as group damage was generally quite low. LOD was actually very effective. Perhaps this will change for mythic+.

Same here. There are bosses where BoV would come in handy (3rd boss Eye of Azshara / 2nd boss in Vault of the Wardens). But I don't think those few bosses justify taking it. I run Lightbringer and just HA/TD + Flash Heal trough group damage. We'll see how long this works in higher mythic+

Group damage is not always high, but in the instances it is, Lightbringer and Faith really pale in comparison to Virtue. Think about it this way: when ST damage is high and you have BoV, you already have a bunch of spells in your base toolkit to deal with that. Now think about trying to cover big spikes of AoE damage like in Maw of Souls or even Halls of Valor. What happens if TD is on cooldown or your group is spread out (still common, especially in Eye of Azshara) and dangerously low? You have literally nothing to deal with that except a limited-range LoD and maybe Prism. BoV has a 30 yard spread and is pretty much on-demand.

I mean, more power to you if you can make things work without it, but there isn't anything special about Faith/Lightbringer that make them stand out as *dungeon* talents.

I do need a help here, I have a relic that is "shock treatment", that is a 779 and I'm trying to replace same one but it a 830 ilvl, for some reason it won't let me does anyone knows why?

Quote Originally Posted by vashter View Post
    I do need a help here, I have a relic that is "shock treatment", that is a 779 and I'm trying to replace same one but it a 830 ilvl, for some reason it won't let me does anyone knows why?
    Not sure if I understand you here, but most relics only fit one specific slot. You probably cannot replace the relic because your new one doesn't fit into the relic slot.

so if i have a different relic to replace it then use my shock treatment 830 to replace that one? if that make sense.

Just switched to BoV from Lightbringer for Mythic dungeons and never going back. The healing from BoV is just too good especially for bosses with AoE burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antereon View Post
    Just switched to BoV from Lightbringer for Mythic dungeons and never going back. The healing from BoV is just too good especially for bosses with AoE burst.
    Just did that too, last night. My god, the difference... Not sure if it was a tank/my gear issue, but with light bringer I was often finding I simply did not have time to cast on anyone other than the tank. They'd just drop. Still feels very spammy, but much more comfortable now.

As the artifact paths pasted in the thread seem to focus mainly on Holy Paladin PvE, I made one for PvP.

Let me know what you guys think of my Holy Paladin PVP trait progression plan:

Green > Blue > Orange > Red
    Green are the most vital traits, and are easy to obtain early on to get started in PvP.
    Blue can help you as you progress (faster Hands, second elite for more direct healing on a bursted beacon target).
    Orange are the traits I see as helpful but at a big cost. While the aura mastery elite sounds good to have (especially for RBG), having to go through the Lay on Hands trait seems like a waste early on.

To me, I always expect to pump heals into tanks. With light ringer and faith, I still HAVE to spot heal. With BOV, I keep pumping heals into the tank and then just combo bestow faith/BOV/holy prism and get extremely efficient and powerful heals on the rest of the group.

Also, for a second set of CDs, aura of sacrifice/BOV combo normally pumps out about 1mil healing from aura of sacrifice, on 5 targets. That 1 million healing is not the limit, but the "I've topped the entire group and don't require more healing." In raids and with more raid damage (and less spot heals being on the beacon targets themselves) that could easily break 8-12 mil+ Without AW or any of the aura of sacrifice traits.

Also not sure if this is common for everyone else, but during wings I have seen MANY 2.5 mil holy shocks. Those seem to be about the upper end of my crits without outside buffs in 5mans.

Related question since I am not well versed on stat priority: how important is int? IE: if I have a large master/small haste 845 helm and a large haste/low crit 840 helm, does the 840 helm still win because it has crit on it even with lower intellect? I feel that 30% crit seems to be a sweet spot where healing feels much more consistent especially during wings (for 100% holy shock crit chance), but I am struggling to hit 30% (currently at 26-28% with my helm. And terrible gloves.)

Similar question, I followed icyveins artifact weapon path since it was the only one I could find on google. Essentially it sends you straight to the left golden and then to the right golden via the bottom path (while picking up the holy shock crit healing). Am I particularly behind, since this path seems very different from the recommended one in this thread?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do our pvp talents work in pve? Many of them looked so awesome, so i feel i need to pvp at least till the first 50 level of Honor to got those awesome talents, but if they dont work in PvE, then its pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Do our pvp talents work in pve? Many of them looked so awesome, so i feel i need to pvp at least till the first 50 level of Honor to got those awesome talents, but if they dont work in PvE, then its pointless.
    Don't work in PvE. Some are super cool though and make me want to PvP.

Going to give BoV a try tonight, seems like there's some divide on how good it is.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, take my words back about BoL>BoV. While in the normals its more safe and comfortable to use BoL (for me at least), in the Heroics BoV is so much more comfortable. I teasted it in Maw of Souls, where the Lantern guys do high AOE damage, with my 812 iLvL. First time i went with my "Normal" talent set, second time with "BoV" set. My god, the difference is so huge, i immediately fell in love with BoV and Bestow Faith, while i hated them in the Normals. Now im not afraid to go heroics cause BF+BoV+Prism/HS will heal every AOE shit trash or bosses will throw in my team.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2016-09-07 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Btw, take my words back about BoL>BoV. While in the normals its more safe and comfortable to use BoL (for me at least), in the Heroics BoV is so much more comfortable. I teasted it in Maw of Souls, where the Lantern guys do high AOE damage, with my 812 iLvL. First time i went with my "Normal" talent set, second time with "BoV" set. My god, the difference is so huge, i immediately fell in love with BoV and Bestow Faith, while i hated them in the Normals. Now im not afraid to go heroics cause BF+BoV+Prism/HS will heal every AOE shit trash or bosses will throw in my team.
    Yeah it's really good. I find the talent extremely fun for some reason.

Don't forget to bestow faith before you BoV so it goes off while BoV is still up. Feels really good. I'm having an extremely good time in mythics honestly. I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yeah it's really good. I find the talent extremely fun for some reason.

Don't forget to bestow faith before you BoV so it goes off while BoV is still up. Feels really good. I'm having an extremely good time in mythics honestly. I love it
    For Random Daily Heroics i'm using BoV+Crusaders Might and just DPS away! The extra LoDs and Shocks you get is more than enough to keep up melee&tanks (+Prism on CD); using Holy Shock mainly for offense.

Can outdps some DPSers in heroics, gear considered of course. About 85% time spent is DPSing, and when heals are needed, BoV+LoD+Holy Shock+Prism, everyone is immediately topped up^^.
    Haven't found much use for Tyr's Deliverance in heroics as the cast time isn't worth it, and the extra LoD/Holy shocks are great at covering incoming damage at this difficulty.
    (i842 atm)

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    You can also "pre cast" heals. HL and FoL will work with BoV if you cast BoV right after you finished casting, because there's a small delay.

It's so much fun! I am so looking forward to unlocking the golden PotSH trait for even more BoV shenanigans. I'm loving holy so far. So many buttons to press...

Quote Originally Posted by revize View Post
    For Random Daily Heroics i'm using BoV+Crusaders Might and just DPS away! The extra LoDs and Shocks you get is more than enough to keep up melee&tanks (+Prism on CD); using Holy Shock mainly for offense.
    Honest question: That playstyle is very much dependend on your item level and a good group right now, is that a fair statement? I'm at ilvl 811 and, honestly, I'm still a bit scared to waste a HS cooldown for dps. I also don't have the CS talent because I feel like I rely a bit on the BF/BoV combo for AOE healing. Do you use Beacon of the Lightbringer instead of Beacon of Virtue?

I'm really interested in DPSing as a healer, but currently my heals still feel a bit underwhelming at times.

Quote Originally Posted by fabonaut View Post
    Honest question: That playstyle is very much dependend on your item level and a good group right now, is that a fair statement? I'm at ilvl 811 and, honestly, I'm still a bit scared to waste a HS cooldown for dps. I also don't have the CS talent because I feel like I rely a bit on the BF/BoV combo for AOE healing. Do you use Beacon of the Lightbringer instead of Beacon of Virtue?

I'm really interested in DPSing as a healer, but currently my heals still feel a bit underwhelming at times.
    The amount you off-dps is clearly dependent on the content and the group. In normal you can pretty much dps your way through any encounter if you're above 805. As the content gets more difficult, I personally find it more difficult to dps, except times my group needs a bit of a help like in the first boss in Black Rook Hold or the last boss in Neltharion's Lair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fabonaut View Post

Yes of course. I'm at 845 currently and the extra DPS (~200k usually) is enough to skip most mechanics on all bosses even with random groups. I run DP instead of HP though. Ilvl on your weapon is most important as it gives you a lot of intellect compared to other items.