Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your response is why I love PvP
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

The community is toxic because millennials are a bunch of whiny, entitled, uncompationate, assholes.

this can be said about any community comprised mainly of millennials.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Not any more toxic than anything else.
    Indeed. I'd actually say WoW's community on the EU is actually considerably less toxic now than it was in, say, Cataclysm. There's much more good-humour and decency generally, the chats aren't full of hate - just dumb jokes and even arguments are half-hearted and usually end in backslapping.

Can't speak for the US of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    You can replace Toxic in WoW with Toxic in IRL!
    Its people in general
    Yea. OP have you ever tried dating? The toxicity is there offline too, it's just people try to hide it.

But just like IRL, you have to ignore the idiots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    The ongoing problem is that most of you don't even get what I wrote or why it matters.
    It is because you keep on writing and writing, but saying so little. Stop hiding your message behind walls of text, and keep your posts short and precise. That way we can actually discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Curious... how old are you?
    37, so just outside the millennial range.

Of the dozen or so communities I am active in. Every single one that has a large percentage of millennial age(18-30) people is generally pretty toxic. The communities I participate in that are generally comprised of older folks 30+ the toxicity is merely a fraction of the younger groups. WoW is probably 90% millennial age folks.

You and these posts are toxic. Reddit for instance, isn't the same at all. You'll find positive posts praising the game all day, which is live caviar on MMO.

Stop posting toxic BS yourself.

Thanks.

It's toxic because everyone explains nontoxic behavior with their own behavior on the internet. OP states he is being denied his play style by pretty much stating another play style needs to be denied. That to me is a better look into the mental state of a toxic player. One that justifies his rights by removing others rights in the process. Granted you also have to find balance and comprimse in opposition views, but that doesn't happen on the internet because it's easy to stand your absolutists ground when the only consequence you have to face is the wall of text from another absolutist. Thus the endless circle jerk of 5 or 6 pointless things go round and round solving or changing nothing. Point and case, the flying thread and soon, this one (if not already).

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I believe it's actually 18-34.
    I was close.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The WoW community is toxic because every online gaming community is toxic. You don't like to PVP. I get it. You can get a guard or go down when the guards are on duty.

People who are drawn to this game are naturally antisocial and introverted, how did you expect a community of autistic losers to be? Cohesive and conductive to progress? Of course the community is toxic and your post showcases just that, instead of having fun with the endless amount of content you have, you choose to virtue signal and take on the role of a sanctimonious social reformer and visionary. Blizzard know what they're doing and if you feel like you have some gems to contribute then by all means contact them and see how your argument weighs in with their data. Oh brave and enlightened one, you should publish your groundbreaking discovery in medical journals perhaps it would usher on a new age of peace and prosperity! who would've thought that caring about others is the key to peace...you should run for president!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    3. If you don't like PvP, avoid the Underbelly.
    Given a few quests require you to be in the underbelly-that's kind of hard.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    The current Dalaran Underbelly PvP/FFA crisis points up exactly what is wrong with the WoW community and why it is toxic.
    The underbelly fiasco isn't a problem with the community, it's just a Blizzard **** up. Here's what they should have done:

PVP server: Always No guards, you can hire one if you're not in the mood to PVP.
    PVE server: Always Guards, you can bribe them to ignore you if you and others wanna throw down.

Seriously that wasn't difficult, but Blizzard ****ed it up and now people on PVE servers are mad at the forced PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    Given a few quests require you to be in the underbelly-that's kind of hard.
    More than just a few it seems.

That whole issue (gating PvE stuff behind PvP) has become similar to the flying issue in WoD.

Hehe...I wouldn't be surprised if they gate flying behind PvP.

It is toxic because the game has shifted towards instant rewards that require little effort. If a player doesn't get what they want quickly, they get angry. The easiest way to shed blame for failure in WoW is to blame other players. Hence, toxic environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe me or not, but is still better, than Warframe community.

The only toxic one here-is you.

They don't call it world of NICEcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really just sounds like you were "ganked" after entering a Free for all area and decided to bitch about it.

Deleted
    hey, lets all be friends here!

i am better than you!

look at this loot!

look at my achievement points..

etc etc etc, its bound to be toxic

and kids be kids.. toxic..

Deleted
    How are blizz forcing it on anyone? Pay for a bodyguard.