Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I think not. Pathfinder is unlikely to be available for the current world zones until they are done with them for patch content. You're looking for stuff that isn't there. There isn't likely to be anything cool with flying: they don't really want it in the game for areas where there are current things to do. They aren't struggling to change gears either. The flight engine has shown us just about all it can.

This expansion's Pathfinder is just like the last one except you can start on it from day one. That's the most sensible explanation and the one that is mostly likely to be true.
    You're probably right, and that's a damn shame. I mean, they couldn't even be bothered to couch pathfinder in a half-assed story, and that would have been minimal effort.

But like I said, I'm willing to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    sure makes your heartstone, garrison stone, dala stone, whistle and everything obsolete eh

try to think again.
    "Similar toys/tools"

Go do some mental gymnastics and come back later.

camera distance is self explanatory. whoever complain on underbelly are scrubs which have been stated over and over again. spent 5 min in there today, killed two rares, checked all the vendors and realized i have to grind npc's to get a mount. zzz a sanctuary. you are like people who complain on being ganked on a pvp server. do you also walk into the traffic to get hit by vehicles only to proceed to complain at the vehicles? I wish.
    What do I have to do with the Underbelly PvP whining? Also, cute implication there.
    Are you always this unlucky when you try to think?
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-09-07 at 06:52 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    The argument for poorly designed zones is a joke. Still waiting for a screenshot of one of these horribly design areas that cause so much grief.
    You have been given plenty of examples yet choose to ignore them because they are not given in the exact format you have requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post
    You have been given plenty of examples yet choose to ignore them because they are not given in the exact format you have requested.
    I really havent. saying that "there is a mountain between us" does not make a difficult zone to traverse

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Edit: I hope you take a moment or 2 to reflect on the implications of what you ahve said.
    I agree completely. His last line struck a bad chord with me.

There is flying. Look at your map, see the wings icon ? It's a flypath.
    Same effect cause nothing more is needed ATM.

I really havent. saying that "there is a mountain between us" does not make a difficult zone to traverse
    I think the problem is that this is kind of subjective. One person might find a zone difficult or just excessively annoying to navigate, while another person might have no difficulty and find all the detours enjoyable or at least acceptable. It really depends on what someone likes, how much free time they have, how easily they get irritated if they aren't enjoying something. For example, I got an archeology rare mount project in beta that randomly popped up as a quest for me. I did not attempt to complete it because screw doing that on beta even if there were flying. However, I looked at the dig sites on the map and the flight path locations. I would have spent far, far more time traveling on a ground mount and killing worthless mobs than actually progressing on the quest, which involved collecting some absurdly large number of fragments that apparently can be looted while surveying. I personally don't find that an enjoyable use of my time when I don't have unlimited free time. The time sink of collecting that many quest items is enough, don't need to add stupid travel and killing crappy trash mobs on top of it.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2016-09-07 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    so you compare your kite to a mining pick.

it's you who brought up underbelly pvp..

obv. been spinning around with that mill.
    You are a bit special, aren't you?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Invisible walls, twigs that stop movement, unclear paths, jumping mechanics in a game whose engine was not designed for such, maps that don't match terrain, inconsistency in climbing slopes...

The list goes on, all things I have seen discussed before and given with examples that you straight up ignore.

Vanilla didn't suffer from the above issues at all or to the same extent.

If only they left things the way they were, no flying during leveling reaching max level you are essentially done seeing/exploring the zones on foot so visit your trainer pay some gold and away you go.

Simple, effective with no fuss or confusion.

And for another example, there was a quest in Highmountain. I think it was one of the Nessingwary quests, had to go up to a higher level of the zone for the objective. The path up was not marked and there was no indication of where it was, I ran around like an idiot for about 10 minutes and finally located it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    And for another example, there was a quest in Highmountain. I think it was one of the Nessingwary quests, had to go up to a higher level of the zone for the objective. The path up was not marked and there was no indication of where it was, I ran around like an idiot for about 10 minutes and finally located it.
    And if you play, say, 60 hours a month then you paid Blizzard ~3 cents for that experience.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

So at what point can we stop entertaining these flybaby straw grasping logical leaping fanatics?

That's barely even an insult btw. At what point do we stop the marry-go-round of terrible arguments? This thread has to permanently be at the top of General Discussions because some kids can't let it go?

Infracted: Do not remove infraction notices as that is also against the rules. Thanks. {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-09-07 at 07:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    So at what point can we stop entertaining these flybaby straw grasping logical leaping lunatics?
    Do you need a permission or something?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    don't worry you will soon loose the entertainment.

twisted fuck.
    Does this mean you going to leave mmo-champ?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Invisible walls,
    Where?

unclear paths,
    Where? the roads are generally pretty clearly marked to every objective.

jumping mechanics in a game whose engine was not designed for such,
    Again, where!?

twigs that stop movement,
    Yes. worst part of legion so far.

maps that don't match terrain, inconsistency in climbing slopes...
    Whether you can go up a slope or not is exactly the same as it always has been.

The list goes on, all things I have seen discussed before and given with examples that you straight up ignore.

Vanilla didn't suffer from the above issues at all or to the same extent.
    I havent ignored anything, no specific examples have been given to this date, just general statements with nothing to back them up. Things like "Highmountain is difficult to navigate because it has cliffs and mountains"....

You're right, vanilla maps were flat, open maps with mountains around the outside. You might have preferred those, its a subjective issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Hmm i guess .. maybe, what is obvious to some perhaps is not so obvious to another.
    With quest objectives displayed the pathing usually becomes obvious when you start heading towards them
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-09-07 at 07:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get back on topic and stop insulting each other. If this is how it's going to go we'll close the thread altogether.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Suprised its not closed already because this thread long past its point
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    The more I read the more it seems like you people just don't know how to play this game.
    Or maybe we just don't like the way that a major feature of the game was removed after 8 years, then put back after it became apparent how much it hurt the game (making the game much better via it's re-addition), and now removed again because thick skinned devs simply cannot admit they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Or maybe we just don't like the way that a major feature of the game was removed after 8 years, then put back after it became apparent how much it hurt the game (making the game much better via it's re-addition), and now removed again because thick skinned devs simply cannot admit they are wrong.
    Not a major feature. Removal didn't hurt the game, addition didn't do anything to the game but add a little bit freshness in the midst of a year of nothing to do. It's removed again because professional game designers know wtf they're doing. Meaning, they know divebombing quest objectives just to fly back to the quest-giver isn't interesting
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-09-07 at 07:31 AM.