Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really hoping they didn't also nerf the component kite used to create the toy. The one with a 15 sec duration and a 1 min CD because that would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I confess, I haven't even used the kite. The Flightmaster's Whistle has been more than enough for me so far.
    Same thing for me. I haven't even bother to even get the kite. I already have the whistle and goblin gliders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    So it the topic going to be closed for asinine reasons too? "Rant topic". I'd like to post in these DISCUSSION topics but what's the point when they just close them.
    Well depends if its a discussion or a argument thread. Rants are also not that good being there is already a thread for that because this is slowly turning into a no flying thread rant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Yes, and noone is disputing that fact. The kite already has a 1 minute duration opposed to 2 minutes from the goblin glider. A 5 minute CD would have made sense, but 15 is to the point where this just ends up being yet another item you'll use a couple of times and then forget even existed. Just a waste of time even putting it in the game.
    You shouldn't need it more than every 15 minutes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    shoulda rolled a priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Play an Engineer or buy gliders, the kite pre-nerfed basically made that engineering perk obsolete.

7+ Year Old Account
    The reason why they proberly nerfed it so hard, was that it overtook the goblin glider and became a really good tool instead of a good toy to use once in a while. Just increasing the CD to 5 min, the item would still be used over Goblin gliders and be a permanent tool, but with 15 CD, people will hopefully no longer see it as a permanent mode of transportation, but a toy which you use to glide down high moutains, if you don't want to run down or call the eagle.

Its fine! If you really feel like this increase in CD is ruining your game experience, you should proberly ask yourself if your anger is more coming from the no-flying-debate and is being pushed on this topic instead.

So relax.... The game still good.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    U guys need to get down a gazillion mountains or something!? Cry me a river, whiners.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... on the one hand I used this all the time and I'm a little sad it's being nerfed. On the other hand... I can see why. They introduced Demon Hunters with the perk of being able to glide, and at the same time gave everyone a toy on a short cooldown you can hotkey and use to glide everywhere. It was pretty over the top for a toy.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

I never understood why certain people acted as if this (as well as Aviana's Feather) was this incredibly "powerful" item that's totally important. They're just toys. I never used either of them once. Usual MMO-C weirdo BS. Stop whining!

Too many babies whining here. Roll Engineering, buy kites from an engineer. Plan your travels more efficiently etc.

FUCK! I just got this kite yesterday! This sucks because Stormheim and Highmountain are my favorite zones. Jesus. Why, Blizzard, why?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really cared you would already have a glider. This toy made eng even more shit then it currently is. The nerf was needed.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The fun police strike again, typical blizzard would all but remove remove two of the best toys in legion. This is why I go engineering on every character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    have a F change of mind already and make the game great again.
    Wait, aren't people saying Vanilla is when wow was great?
    I am pretty sure there was no flying, nor gliders for that matters, in vanilla wow.

Why does this matter when Goblin Glider Kits exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Why does this matter when Goblin Glider Kits exist?
    Because these people aren't willing to either work for the glider (I say work when its pretty easy to level engineering now). Or they have other professions but still want the perks of another.

Either way Blizzard did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I think 15 min is to insane as a neff. I do think it should have been increased it was superior to goblin glider in everyway. faster+ seemed like it was able to glide further. Atleast make it 3 min so it is on par with goblin glider or 4-5 min so it was not better then the only decend part about engineering.
    No it wasn't. The glider kits last twice as long and can be used anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so your saying a toy that made enginners feel shitty because their glider became something everyone had, and completly removed the market for goblin gliders got nerfed? man, i bet you people wouldent complain if a toy was added that did ALL of the prof mounting things like "cant be dismounted" and "can mine well mounted" etc
    Everyone already had them. Can be bought from an NPC even. There has never been a big market for gliders.
    Last edited by Cerus; 2016-09-07 at 08:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Stop cry and use ground mount,lazy fat ass american

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-09-07 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonç View Post
    People here are so dramatic. It's one small thing, get over it. It's not going to ruin your gameplay.
    It does nothing but ruin gameplay. SMH

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    The toy had a lower cooldown than the Engineering's Glider, it was way too good. They have nerfed it too harshly though, like classic Blizzard. They should've went with a 1 minute duration and 5 minute cooldown. The Brullfist Idol was just too good though, especially since it was usable in combat. A 5 minute cooldown would still warrant a goblin glider kit if you often used it, but wouldn't make it completely useless.

I'm surprised that they haven't nerfed Emerald Winds honestly, as Engineering Glider + Emerald Winds meant that you could easily reach any area you wanted from a whole lot of places, as long as you climbed a random hill/mountain for a bit.

E: Ironically Glider + Emerald Winds was (and now even more) way more effective than the things they nerfed now. I'm expecting them to nerf it within this reset, though. Even if Emerald Winds has a 10-minute cooldown.
    Again - no it didn't. They had the same cool down but the glider lasts twice as long and can be used anywhere.
    Last edited by Cerus; 2016-09-07 at 08:28 AM.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Seriously considering unsubbing now, the frustration I get from not being able to fly coupled with every mob in legion scaling up and thus having max aggro radius is killing my enjoyment. I have alts that I won't be able to level until flying because of the tedium and I also can't enjoy doing professions because of the quest and star gating and archaeology and gathering is an absolute joke without flying and dodging level 110 mobs. These 3 toys were absolute godsends.
    Dont forget to close the door

/bye

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post

You shouldn't need it more than every 15 minutes.
    That's your opinion. Blizzards shitty zone design says otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Play an Engineer or buy gliders, the kite pre-nerfed basically made that engineering perk obsolete.
    The perk was never a perk. They can be made super cheap or even bought from and NPC. DH made the profession version obsolete.