Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why do melee have so many gap closers/mobility

I know WoD has made melee feel like that they should have 100% uptime but this is absurd...

Give me back my instant roots and slows please so i can actually deal with these mongo idiots who just have more gap closers than they should have.

Can we go back to the days where rogues just had 1 shadow step on a 23 second cooldown so they had to wait until my blink was on CD...

Why do i need to cast roots when their are passive slows in the game for melee?

Why do i need to choose between a ranged slow and cyclone?

Why did blizzard introduce casting but gave melee so much uptime that makes casting impossible?

Why are basic PvP principles 101 just being completely ignored by the horrible PvP development team?

Literally basic common sense....if you give melee mobility and 100% uptime then casters need instant casts to be able to stop melee from facerolling on us...You don't increase the amount of casted abilities if melee have lots of mobility...

if you give melee mobility why have you reduced CC from most casters? This is literally basic logic from any game with PvP in it..

Why is it that the basic principles of PvP are literally just ignored as every new expansion comes out? It just gets worse and worse?

Who actually enjoys this? Surely this can't even be fun for Melee...your just running at a target dummy and doing your rotation...there's no setup involved...it's like casters aren't even meant to be involved in PvP?

Wasn't this actually talked about in the PvP Q and A?

Before someone comes on here and says "It's balanced" I'm a gladiator and played at the top level in MoP when the game was incredibly fast paced and reaction speed was paramount to winning matches. I played at a high level when instant CC was abundant. Legion PvP is atrocious.
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2016-09-07 at 07:21 AM.

What bothers me is that melee classes deal absurd damage from range now too. A DH can shave 25% of your hp off and even interrupt your casts from range. The problem with casters right now is that being at range means nothing.

Deleted
    As a retribution paladin i have no idea which gap-closers/mobility you are talking about.

All we got is a 3 second sprint and the option to talent into it having 2 charges
    +the possibility to spec into Hand of Freedom increasing our speed by 20% for 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    What bothers me is that melee classes deal absurd damage from range now too. A DH can shave 25% of your hp off and even interrupt your casts from range. The problem with casters right now is that being at range means nothing.
    What bothers me is that a feral druid who doesn't know he can shift roots can beat a gladiator moonkin by rolling his face on the fucking keyboard because Blizzard removed all my utility.

What bothers me is that every godamn expansion the game just gets worse and worse because Blizzard listen to the lower rated players when in reality....the lower rated players know nothing about game balance....that's why they are lower rated.

I'm done with WoW and Blizzard. They suck astronomically at PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    What bothers me is that a feral druid who doesn't know he can shift roots can beat a gladiator moonkin by rolling his face on the fucking keyboard because Blizzard removed all my utility.

What bothers me is that every godamn expansion the game just gets worse and worse because Blizzard listen to the lower rated players when in reality....the lower rated players know nothing about game balance....that's why they are lower rated.

I just decided to roll melee in this xpac to take the safe route but I geerally agree. I would like to play my lock though but not as it stands now.

Deleted
    Because Holinka is as clueless as ever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post

Well druids still have much more utility than many dps specs. You can always bear shift when in melee, the only issue being that stupid rogues, DH can still shred you despite your stamina and armor

Deleted
    As DK.... Mobility ? is that new kind of spell or what is that ???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vrek View Post
    As DK.... Mobility ? is that new kind of spell or what is that ???
    Just spec into clawing shadows, archer skeleton, pet wounds and enjoy making 70% of your dps ranged

It's Holinka's class fantasy. enjoy it boys. my rogue hasnt died to a caster yet & i can kill any and every healer before my stuns end.. and i have more JUST incase.. its pathetic and embarrassing really, i remember when i use to take pride in outplaying with my rogue.
    Last edited by Himora; 2016-09-07 at 09:20 AM.

They also had sprint (well they still have that but back then it actuall was relevant) and they slowed you a ton more then now + vanish was a guaranteed gap closer. And all your damage was from casts and water ele was a big CD so you had 1 nova and 1 blink and you would die almost instantly if anything actually connected.

And now you have a lot more mobility then back then too.

But sub rogues, yes, sub rogue mobility is fucking insane. Rogues in general are a tad OP.

But my woltk rogue feels a lot more op then my wod rogue ever did. Id take shit mobility for the ability to spam 400k ambushes (to relate old numbers to current ones) with no stun dr between opening stuns and kidney.
    Last edited by Crruor; 2016-09-07 at 09:32 AM.

Yeah, well, melee get murdered constantly in PVE raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Yeah, well, melee get murdered constantly in PVE raids.
    The most irrelevant statement ever..

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Changes changes, learn to adapt.
    adapting to shit in 2016 LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    They also had sprint (well they still have that but back then it actuall was relevant) and they slowed you a ton more then now + vanish was a guaranteed gap closer. And all your damage was from casts and water ele was a big CD so you had 1 nova and 1 blink and you would die almost instantly if anything actually connected.

And now you have a lot more mobility then back then too.

But sub rogues, yes, sub rogue mobility is fucking insane. Rogues in general are a tad OP.

But my woltk rogue feels a lot more op then my wod rogue ever did. Id take shit mobility for the ability to spam 400k ambushes (to relate old numbers to current ones) with no stun dr between opening stuns and kidney.
    I'd just take MoP back and tell the whiny kids to stfu and learn to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Changes changes, learn to adapt.
    Your trolling right?

This is literally like Blizzard have abandoned all PvP logic.

You have melee who just have a ridicolous amount of tools to deal with anything and casters have nothing given their toolkit?

This isn't adaptation...this is some next level retard PvP balance. How can anyone enjoy this right now...you get tunneled as a caster and you can't do anything. Running is not fun.

I need to pick between a ranged slow....or cyclone....what kind of decision is that? How in anyway is that fair...that's like asking a melee to pick between having a stun or a passive slow...?

This is by far the worst PvP in the game. By a long shot. I would actually take WoD over this because WoD actually made some sort of sense...This is just retarded.
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2016-09-07 at 09:48 AM.

I liked MOP too, but id give this more time before you judge it. We only have double dps 2s atm, and skirmish ones at that.

Maybe find a rogue and try to play a bit more seriously and see how you like it then?

Deleted
    Learn how to play, game changes every expac if you're a "High Rated" player as you said this should not be a problem, there is always timing and moments when there is an opening where any class can get caught lacking. And as a High rated player you should be able to find that by now if you weren't busy crying and moaning on the forums.

I have a feeling that you just used to do the same trick and got lucky to get glad or something for a season, and now that this old trick doesn't work anymore, you're butt naked when facing descent or as you said "mongo idiots/low ranked" players.
    Adapt or Leave that's my advice, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    I liked MOP too, but id give this more time before you judge it. We only have double dps 2s atm, and skirmish ones at that.

Maybe find a rogue and try to play a bit more seriously and see how you like it then?
    What makes you think stuff is going to be different?

Unless they blatantly remove spells from melee or give spells back to casters then nothing is going to change...

Quote Originally Posted by Escene View Post
    Learn how to play, game changes every expac if you're a "High Rated" player as you said this should not be a problem, there is always timing and moments when there is an opening where any class can get caught lacking. And as a High rated player you should be able to find that by now if you weren't busy crying and moaning on the forums.

I have a feeling that you just used to do the same trick and got lucky to get glad or something for a season, and now that this old trick doesn't work anymore, you're butt naked when facing descent or as you said "mongo idiots/low ranked" players.
    Dude seriously just shutup...I was 1 of the 3 boomkins on US who got gladiator in a season when we were t3. The top comp that a moonkin could play was Rogue Mage boomkin (triple dps) and that was just because Moonkins did more healing than damage.Don't tell me to learn how to play. I know exactly how to play. If i don't have the tools to deal with abilities it's not a L2P issue...it's a game balance issue. If you honestly think that this is fair right now then your delusional. The game favors melee so much right now. I've never seen it this bad.

It's funny because i wish people said the same thing in MoP when the lower rated players couldn't deal with the higher skillcap/faster game pace/instant CC type game. Except the lower rated players got what they wanted and this is an abomination. Have you seen what they've done to warlocks? Moonkins are just horrible in almost every situation. Melee are never supposed to have 100% uptime.
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2016-09-07 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as a Mistweaver I have 3 Rolls dispelling snares, Transcendence and 2 Mistwalks and I still have rather difficult time running away from Melee pain train. However that's not what I want to talk about.

I can live with the Melee uptime, but my problem is their on demand burst in combination with instant stuns. They removed ton of CC away from Casters, but totally neglected the number of stuns remaining in game. They also removed vast majority of defensive cooldowns so once they hit you with the burst and you can't move away, you are dead inside 5 seconds - not even kidding. All this damage would be fine if it at least required build up as most Casters have, but Melees just press 2 damage cooldowns and burst you down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    When you can get in range

Quote Originally Posted by Escene View Post

I am sad reading that shit.. seriously bro, improve your trolledge, coz this is pretty low.
    Last edited by mmoc66c23760c6; 2016-09-07 at 10:43 AM.