Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Dungeons are unbearable

Legion has been out for a week and some people are already 850+ ilvl.

I planned to be that item level as well, to be ready for the raids. But to get above 830 you must do Mythic Dungeons and to even get 825-830 you might have to do some dungeons as well, combined with world quests.

The problem is that the dungeons are completly unplayable. They are the worst dungeons this game has ever seen. I know that is a strong statement but I find it to sadly be true.

Why are they bad? Boring bosses? Uninspiring themes? Low droprates for gear?

No. They are great in many ways BUT the problem is simple.

Every single dungeon has way, way, way, way WAY too much trash. So much trash that it makes me despise every single one of them.

Entering a Legion dungeon reminds me of horrible moments in WoW's history. It reminds of Mount Hyjal trash, trash before Ultraxion in DS, trash before Shamans in Siege of Orgrimmar or all the endless trash of Throne of Thunder. All those raids made me want to quit becuase the trash was unbearable.

And now we see the same thing in the dungeons. Every INCH of each dungeon is covered with mobs. It looks like someone at Blizzard had a map of each dungeon and just said like "put some here... some here... maybe some here... hm, why not some here... looks good! oh wait, just to be safe, better put some here and here as well". By the time you reach a boss you never want the fight to end becuase you know more trash awaits after. They put trash where no trash is needed. Not a single area is trash free. I already know that Blizzard never heard of "less is more", just look on the continents Pandaria, Draenor and Broken Isles, which has insanely amount of mobs and basically no areas to get out of combat. BUT since previous dungeons have been so good, it makes no sense that they went so bananas now with the trash. I just want some areas where you can just enjoy the scenery. I miss Azjol Nerub so much, a perfectly balanced boss-to-trash dungeon.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not against having trash in dungeons. But there is a limit between a reasonable amount and when it just get riddicilous. It's hard to put a number of how many % too much trash there is BUT if you remove HALF, it would STILL be WAY to much.

This expansion is great and a lot of people say like "yeah it's a lot of trash but so what" since they enjoy the expansion. But we should remember that these dungeons will remain the ENTIRE expansion and will remain a source of gear. We have to endure these till the next expansion.

The dungeons in Warlords were amazing, probably the best ever, so how could they screw up so much now? I'm fearing for the upcoming Karazhan dungeon. Already, every time I enter a dungeon, I need to clear my schedule for a long time and get ready with water and food IRL to last the never ending hordes of trash.

And NO, I'm not upset because I gear slowly. I'm upset that something that feels both mandatory (to gear, to get achivs etc) and something that SHOULD be fun (I have always liked dungeons) now is a complete nightmare.

Anyone agree with me? Any word from Blizzard? Are they aware of these abominations?
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Anyone agree with me?
    No. 10chars.

Nah, there isn't a lot of trash.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    I stopped reading after: The worst dungeons...

I completely disagree. They are F'ucking good. They are engaging, extremely well themed, music is good, bosses are fun.

Also, you can get gear from simply running normal heriocs with a chance of warforged or even titanforged.

IN all honesty, I think Blizzard is not aware of what you say and frankly... I think 99% of the playerbase is not aware...

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you. Spot on. Fuck trash.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree some of the dungeons are trash heavy. I’ve not really gotten my teeth into the dungeons properly yet, but I’ve enjoyed what I have done. I like the boss mechanics that I’ve see –although I wanted to rip Cordanas heart out for real on that fight.

In general, I’m happy with what we’ve got, they will never be able to please everyone.

So basically you hate dungeons because you actually have to do something now? figures, seeing a lot of these "oh I'm so badly done to, I want free gear with minimal effort!" posts lately.

while some (that thicket dungeon for example) could do with less trash, i think the dungeons have a good balance of trash for their size.
    I think the trash at the start of Eye of Azshara would be better if it didn't pull other stuff on it's own, but that is my only complain.

You should be glad they didn't pull another Halls of stone-Brann on us

I'm loving them, i just wish Mythic on its basic setting was more of a challenge. It doesnt feel very mythic right now. Guess this is because the whole plus difficulty. A few of them feel like they have to much trash or to long but mostly they all seem ok to me.

i've been lvl 110 for half a week, haven't stepped food inside a mythic dungeon, nor bought a single item off the ah, and have ilvl 841. i found the hardest part to get to ilvl 810, after that, gearing was fast... the dungeons are short and fast, and with the exception of eye of azhara, i enjoy all of them. Black Rook Hold and vault of the wardens are some of the best dungeons in the game in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    while some (that thicket dungeon for example) could do with less trash, i think the dungeons have a good balance of trash for their size.
    I think the trash at the start of Eye of Azshara would be better if it didn't pull other stuff on it's own, but that is my only complain.

You should be glad they didn't pull another Halls of stone-Brann on us
    Agreed. Thicket is the only one I could maybe see this complaint having some valid grounds in.

Deleted
    When you said "WoD dungeons was the best ever" I smashed my head into my desk by reflex and now I am in the hospital.
    Thanks for that.

Well, doesnt seem like too much trash to me - except maybe Blackrook Hold - but most of the trash is easy, just pile them up and aoe those fuckers down. It certainly does not seem unbearable to me. I was spamming random heroics (with random people) yesterday and the longest run was BRH - just slightly over 20 minutes - which is perfectly fine by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth noting that you can skip a lot of the trash, since anything below Mythic+ has no mob count. In particular, Halls of Valor, Neltharion's Lair and Eye of Azshara allow you to skip a huge amount of the mobs, sometimes entire sections. I'm not talking about invis potions or wall-jumping either, I mean just running around it.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Legion has been out for a week and some people are already 850+ ilvl.

I planned to be that item level as well, to be ready for the raids. But to get above 830 you must do Mythic Dungeons and to even get 825-830 you might have to do some dungeons as well, combined with world quests.

The problem is that the dungeons are completly unplayable. They are the worst dungeons this game has ever seen. I know that is a strong statement but I find it to sadly be true.

Why are they bad? Boring bosses? Uninspiring themes? Low droprates for gear?

No. They are great in many ways BUT the problem is simple.

Every single dungeon has way, way, way, way WAY too much trash. So much trash that it makes me despise every single one of them.

Entering a Legion dungeon reminds me of horrible moments in WoW's history. It reminds of Mount Hyjal trash, trash before Ultraxion in DS, trash before Shamans in Siege of Orgrimmar or all the endless trash of Throne of Thunder. All those raids made me want to quit becuase the trash was unbearable.

And now we see the same thing in the dungeons. Every INCH of each dungeon is covered with mobs. It looks like someone at Blizzard had a map of each dungeon and just said like "put some here... some here... maybe some here... hm, why not some here... looks good! oh wait, just to be safe, better put some here and here as well". By the time you reach a boss you never want the fight to end becuase you know more trash awaits after. They put trash where no trash is needed. Not a single area is trash free. I already know that Blizzard never heard of "less is more", just look on the continents Pandaria, Draenor and Broken Isles, which has insanely amount of mobs and basically no areas to get out of combat. BUT since previous dungeons have been so good, it makes no sense that they went so bananas now with the trash. I just want some areas where you can just enjoy the scenery. I miss Azjol Nerub so much, a perfectly balanced boss-to-trash dungeon.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not against having trash in dungeons. But there is a limit between a reasonable amount and when it just get riddicilous. It's hard to put a number of how many % too much trash there is BUT if you remove HALF, it would STILL be WAY to much.

This expansion is great and a lot of people say like "yeah it's a lot of trash but so what" since they enjoy the expansion. But we should remember that these dungeons will remain the ENTIRE expansion and will remain a source of gear. We have to endure these till the next expansion.

The dungeons in Warlords were amazing, probably the best ever, so how could they screw up so much now? I'm fearing for the upcoming Karazhan dungeon. Already, every time I enter a dungeon, I need to clear my schedule for a long time and get ready with water and food IRL to last the never ending hordes of trash.

And NO, I'm not upset because I gear slowly. I'm upset that something that feels both mandatory (to gear, to get achivs etc) and something that SHOULD be fun (I have always liked dungeons) now is a complete nightmare.

Anyone agree with me? Any word from Blizzard? Are they aware of these abominations?

Daniel Lindeberg... Stop complaining about every single part of this game. Don't enjoy trash? Fine, do battle pets or run Trial of the Crusader. Easy as pie

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you don't have to CC trash like you did in Cata, but yeah there's a bit of trash.

I've just read this thread once more and I am pretty sure this guy is just trolling us using clickbait title

Yeah completely unbearable. 15 Minutes dungeons make this game unplayable, they should be 10 minutes tops. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Some are trashier than others but no more so than any Vanilla, BC or Wrath dungeon had. People have just gotten used to pulling most of the trash leading to a boss at once and mechanics in place prevent that atm.

The trash is on-par with many dungeons of TBC (remember how everyone said wrath made all dungeons and raids just AOE fodder?)
    Remember Shattered Halls, or Steam Vault?

In normal modes players aren't focusing properly or are pulling unnecessary trash because the expansion is new and "normals lol". Seen a couple of over confidant tanks pull 2 or 3 groups while levelling and get smashed. The scaling levelling means they're never that easy until you've hit 110 and gotten your item level up far above par.
    Trash is part of the challange of a dungeon in more ways than just needing to be killed.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP