Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Have you developed for android in recent years? It's really moved on from where it used to be.
    But when the majority of users are still on KitKat...Zzzz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Wasn't the case for Hearthstone
    are you SERIOUSLY comparing a >1GB Game with a ~30MB App?....

Deleted
    The app will disconnect you if you're trying to access it while logged in. Fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    The app will disconnect you if you're trying to access it while logged in. Fyi.
    Still don't see it on my local EU app store.

An Update:

The app did drop, but I couldn't find it on my searches. I brought up MMO Champion on my phone and clicked the link to the relevant application store in the front page post, and it brought it up. Downloaded fine.

Everything works really well in the app, but there is some login bugginess right now. It won't stay logged in, and it doesn't remember that you authenticated it, so you have to authenticate EVERY time you log into it.

Also, I'm getting push notifications that my artifact knowledge completed, but when I click on the notification, it tries to open the app and disconnects the app every time. I can't find a menu option to access artifact knowledge in the app itself, so I'm not sure what it's attempting to bring up.

World quest view is amazing. Makes me excited to get home and run a few, which is just as likely a desired side effect as any other.

(NOTE: I'm not reporting bugs here, I'll post them over on the bnet forums, but wanted people to know what my experience is so far).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Still don't see it on my local EU app store.
    Strange, which country?

It's released just fine here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamual View Post
    This app sounds great, more for using while playing WoW for me, than when away from the game.

Only strange thing is, it would of made sense to add this as a feature to the armory app, rather than a separate app. So now you have an app for the AH, and an app for Legion questing.

It's only a minor thing tho, and not so relevant to the game.
    Sadly you can't do that. I tried and when you try to log in with the app it logs you out of game.

- - - Updated - - -

Strange, which country?

It's released just fine here.
    For me on the app store for Iphone I had to go to the warcraft armory app and than click on blizzard to find it didn't show up in a search

Got it. "WoW Legion Companion".

Deleted
    Great idea, Blizzard. Great job.

And it's only two years late.

How is that relevant? If you need to use a smartphone app to decide whether to log in or not because there's a world quest with a reward you covet, then you're a lost cause anyway.
    Using better information to make better decisions on how to spend limited time makes someone a "lost cause" ?

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it this afternoon. I like it.

I am an altoholic, and I hated - HATED - sitting there loading/unloading 8 characters per day to reset their missions in WoD. Now, I can do order hall stuff in the app, and only log them in when I want to actually play.

I just installed the app but when i logg in i get "requires atleast one champion". So i cant select my main char or any other. I am lvl 110 and already reinstalled the app. What is a champion ? Its it just like a follower that you lvl up because i have those or do they need to be lvl 110 aswell to use the app ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, it's a bit glitchy. Is it possibly connecting to the incorrect realm?
    I am connected in the EU so thats right. Maybe its because all my champions are currently on a mission and the app cant find one or something. Its very strange

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Using better information to make better decisions on how to spend limited time makes someone a "lost cause" ?

lol
    You clearly don't understand what I'm getting at. Others do. PEBCAK.

Just can't connect to it. After screen where I pick up needed character it writes 'cannot connect' stuff, and everything goes the same route. Buggy app...

everything works for me, actually doing my order hall campaign from the app now, should be done when I get back ^^

only question - are there options and can you turn off sound ??

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Just can't connect to it. After screen where I pick up needed character it writes 'cannot connect' stuff, and everything goes the same route. Buggy app...
    There is a bug when you play on English servers but your phone language is in cyrillic. Change phone language and it will work. But yes, annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    everything works for me, actually doing my order hall campaign from the app now, should be done when I get back ^^

only question - are there options and can you turn off sound ??
    Yes. Looking glass icon in te top left

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    There is a bug when you play on English servers but your phone language is in cyrillic. Change phone language and it will work. But yes, annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Looking glass icon in te top left
    I playing on EU
    Tried eu-ru, eu-eu still doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    I don't like it because it gives Android and iPhone users (it's pretty much guaranteed that only those will be supported) an in-game advantage from outside the game.
    nope... thats the same like saying that you are trying to play WoW on chrome OS or os.js or amiga or whatever other alternative OS you fancy.

Its up to you to have a mobile phone that can keep with the rest of the world.

I strongly believe if you are using a Windows phone or a phone with an OS other than android or iOS, this wow app is not the only thing you gonna be missing out on... its just how the world works my friend and compatibility is there for people that keep up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I playing on EU
    Tried eu-ru, eu-eu still doesn't work
    And you phone interface language is Russian? Change it to English (US)
    Last edited by LazarusLong; 2016-09-07 at 10:47 AM.