Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    You realize none of the dungeons you listed as 'awesome' have that, right? You even mentioned Grimrail as being the best, lol.

Do a headcount of mobs between 1st and 2nd boss m8. You'd be surprised.
    He is either a troll or really dumb person.

I agree OP and I think the best solution to the problem is to buff all damage dealing classes\specs dps up by 25%, maybe even 35%

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    must be one of Jaylocks alt accounts .. funny how everyone who disagrees with OP is a Fanboy trash is a core element of Dungeons like Bosses ...

No dont agree with OP.

Agree with the guy above me though, Cata dungeons were amazing! Really love the Legion dungeons too btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    I'm loving them, i just wish Mythic on its basic setting was more of a challenge. It doesnt feel very mythic right now. Guess this is because the whole plus difficulty. A few of them feel like they have to much trash or to long but mostly they all seem ok to me.
    Yea I want them to be difficult too. Just above 800 ilvl can do them and for me any way, provided a very rewarding challenge (I was 803 when I got my first 840 mythic item).

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how, anecdotally, many people are praising dungeons, I think you're in the minority on this one OP, like most of the complaints about Legion.

Except...there really isn't? I don't think these dungeons have an excessive amount of trash at all.

That being said, Eye of Azshara can die in a fire. Please. Whoever designed this dungeon, please....learn from your mistakes. I despise this dungeon with every ounce of my being.

Deleted
    More than 4 packs of trash before a boss = Too much. TOPKEK.

Wonder if this guy thinks the first boss of Maw has too much trash too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneae View Post
    Are there any dungeons in specific that feel like there's too much trash? From someone who's both tanked and dps'd all of them (except Arcway/Court of Stars) on all difficulties, most of the time I feel there's not -enough- trash. A lot of the dungeons only have two or three pulls between bosses, and the only instance I can think of otherwise is the start of Darkheart Thicket and Violet Hold which is set in fixed waves. Even then, it never feels like 'too much' when you can skip a good deal of the dungeon's trash.
    Yes, Black Rook Hold made me "in-game depressed" obviously not really depressed but very very frustrated. The entire dungeon I had this "are you kidding me, more trash?" feeling, which a dungeon should not give me. Same for Halls of Valor and Darkheart Ticket but especially Black Rook Hold. The other dungeons are better but still too crowded.

But I should clearify.

I DO like the dungeons, they are beatiful, have amazing music and atmosphere, the bosses are great and imaginative and we have a big variety of scenery.

BUT

It's too much trash, which makes them frustrating, even awful to play, but most parts are still well composed.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

These dungeons are the best that we have seen in several expansions.
    If you worry so much about trash, maybe you should take the time to look through some videos on youtube because there is a heck of alot of trash you can skip pretty easily. I dont think theres a single dungeon where you cant skip any trash.

And you dont have to do any dungeon what so ever to get to 850. Its gonna be harder and take a bit longer but you can get to 850 by simply doing world quests only. To get above 830 you only need to do heroics, heck with some luck you can do it in normals also.
    There is no rule that specifically states that you HAVE to do mythics to get to 850.
    This is a bullshit post. Do some research before you create a wall of text that makes no sense.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Anyone agree with me? Any word from Blizzard? Are they aware of these abominations?
    No. Barely any trash in there and a lot of skips.

Dungeons are taking some time and so what?Are you really trying to say,that AN was a good dungeon,that freakin bughole with 5 packs per dungeon,which took almost a zero effort?Let me guess,you're playing since WOTLK and haven't ever done a single TBC heroic dungeon then,when you actually HAD to use such thing as cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    That I agree on, the violet hold already holds the spot as one of the worst instances ever made. I cannot believe they thought it making a return was a good idea. It's the most boring, shithole in the whole game.
    I disagree. Violet Hold will never win awards for best aesthetic or most interesting lore, but it was sort of a Dalaran classic, a dungeon so many started on back in WoLK. Hard to bring back Dal without updating Violet Hold. And the gameplay isn't bad either, especially while our gear is marginal. Depending on the dps in my pug, I sometimes find us racing to finish one group before the next spawns, and the bosses... it's the only dungeon where you can't know ahead of time which bosses you'll get; each has a mechanic that needs respecting at least until we outgear it, and in these early days when I don't have all of them memorized, it can be fun learning a new boss.

I'd give Violet Hold a 6.5/10

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    These dungeons are the best that we have seen in several expansions.
    If you worry so much about trash, maybe you should take the time to look through some videos on youtube because there is a heck of alot of trash you can skip pretty easily. I dont think theres a single dungeon where you cant skip any trash.

And you dont have to do any dungeon what so ever to get to 850. Its gonna be harder and take a bit longer but you can get to 850 by simply doing world quests only. To get above 830 you only need to do heroics, heck with some luck you can do it in normals also.
    There is no rule that specifically states that you HAVE to do mythics to get to 850.
    This is a bullshit post. Do some research before you create a wall of text that makes no sense.
    I haven't seen any WQ that give gear over 830. Except 1, which seems to be very rare and involves clearing a dungeon...

And if they boost WQs gear it's not helping, as I want at least 845 before the raids are released.

But once again, it's not really about getting gear fast, it's about the dungeons designs.

I have enjoyed dungeons in the past without getting any rewards. These dungeons, regardless of their imba bosses or really nice scenery, I can simply not enjoy becuase every area before a boss seems never ending
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

This has probably been the most fun dungeon experience I have had in many expansions! See, its purely subjective so please refrain from doing dungeons if you are so repelled by them

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    That I agree on, the violet hold already holds the spot as one of the worst instances ever made. I cannot believe they thought it making a return was a good idea. It's the most boring, shithole in the whole game.
    I'd be perfectly happy with it if they'd kept it in its original form: no waves between the second and third boss. By that point you've already established the waves aren't challenging you, so why make us deal with it a third time?

Beyond that, I have no issue with any of the trash in dungeons. I like seeing it there, it makes the dungeon feel more like someplace our enemies are working from or that needs to be dealt with, and less like a loot pinata. (Trial of the Crusader was a neat idea, and great as a once-off, but not something I'd like to see repeated, especially in dungeons).

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Like I said in my first post, it's not about gearing slow, it's that it's more or less mandatory to play the dungeons to gear up.

Just accepting it is not my style. If I see something that I don't like, I respond to it. Blizzard are not perfect and while they make a lot of awesome stuff, they fail on some stuff, and I think they failed putting trash in these dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

You cut out the part about unecessary trash.

Yes, it's too much trash, that is a problem.
    But the BIGGER problem is that it's not just a lot of trash but the trash is unecessary!
    That is bullshit. You can gear up from just world quests, in a few weeks you can get raid gear from world bosses, you can raid, you can craft your gear.
    This is actually the first expantion where you do not have to do dungeons in order to get gear up for raiding and you don't even have to raid in fact.

If you don't like dungeons, raids or any group conetnt than MMORPGs might not be your thing but WoW has always been about these things so I'm not sure why you're even here to begin with.

I know, it's harsh when you have to work for items. I feel you man, I'd prefer that they would just send all the gear in mail so I didn't have to move from stormwind.

I love all the dungeons, the only gripe I have with them is that some, Halls of Valor for example, do not drop any tanking trinkets for me. Yet there's instances like Neltharion's Lair that drop two. They should've distributed the loot a little bit better. That's very nit picky though, I admit that. That's just how good all the dungeons are, you have to really look for something to find fault in them.

I love Violet Hold also, it may not be challenging for most, but as a tank (and healer) you have to play pretty damn good to survive some of the trash packs on mythic. I'd prefer it if they had changed it from 18 waves to 12 but hey, can't have it all.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, having to spend a long time on boring trash definitely seperates the "casuals" from the "skilled players". Need lots of skill to hit a sponge for 5 minutes.
    The trash requires more skill than the bosses in Arcway and Court of Stars.