Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Pure and simple they have made SP Raid boss only character.
    its no good for sod all else ,levelling a couple other toons and it is a world apart..
    ele shammy is prob in same boat as us

I'm completly fine with having downsides. Being bad or ten times worse than most other specs at something would also be fine. Somebody must be the worst at something.

But its too much: Mythic+, Solo Content, 2s arena which are completly unplayable for shadow, Duels and any melee Battleground situation. Lesser experienced pvp priests will quit pvp or reroll the class completly.

Shadow will be fine or even decent in Raids, competetive 3v3, and RBG.

But players from other specs use this to devalue our feedback. But I HATE this ignorance. A spec should be playable and fun in each aspect of the game. Not just 50%.
    <inactive>

I really wish shadow crash was baseline with a shorter CD, 20 second or something. It competing with mindbender and PI just blows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I really wish shadow crash was baseline with a shorter CD, 20 second or something. It competing with mindbender and PI just blows.
    To be fair, it does do very impressive burst aoe damage, but yes - the cooldown is far too long for what it does. 20 or 25 seconds would be a huge improvement.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Started on my hunter today, at lvl 100 with WoD pvp gear (710) and a 725 bow im bursting over 100k DPS as MM already......sickening.
    realy ?

ramp up class vs insta shots

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love shadow on dungeon bosses. I usually have very little competition on the meters and it feels so strong with constant VF...

For questing? It's tedious at best the closer you are to 110 and at 110 it apparently gets worse baseline with the scaling system. The only way I managed to sustain VF for a very long time while leveling was to fill up meter, multi-dot, VF, kill everything before it kills me.

Out of curiosity I did the first part of an Affliction Warlock and Unholy DK and wow... feels so much faster and without the VF downtime.

I think rotation-wise shadow is very enjoyable, the best rotation flow of anything I've played. Yes, MB and VB do tend to line up with their CDs, but oh well. I don't even care about having no AoE to speak of, we really destroy it on packs of 2-3 mobs instead.

What really worries me is lack of utility and abysmal solo play. Vampiric Embrace is laughable, but thank the Old God it's off GCD at least, I guess. But in the world of 38 daily world quests it is really frustrating to play Shadow Priest. I see DHs and Monks pulling half the loc and 2-shot everything right next to me, and here I am, multidotting 3 mobs, trying to get into the voidform for 10 seconds to do some damage and constantly spamming PW:S, trying not to die.
    And I can't even use my only CC, Fear, because it's going to pull even more mobs in these tight spawns we're in, since they've took away the most useful glyph.

Yeah, so I'm definitely enjoying dungeons, they are tons of fun as SP (and raids are going to be even better), but Blizzard really needs to take a look at solo play.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaldy View Post
    I think rotation-wise shadow is very enjoyable, the best rotation flow of anything I've played. Yes, MB and VB do tend to line up with their CDs, but oh well. I don't even care about having no AoE to speak of, we really destroy it on packs of 2-3 mobs instead.

What really worries me is lack of utility and abysmal solo play. Vampiric Embrace is laughable, but thank the Old God it's off GCD at least, I guess. But in the world of 38 daily world quests it is really frustrating to play Shadow Priest. I see DHs and Monks pulling half the loc and 2-shot everything right next to me, and here I am, multidotting 3 mobs, trying to get into the voidform for 10 seconds to do some damage and constantly spamming PW:S, trying not to die.
    And I can't even use my only CC, Fear, because it's going to pull even more mobs in these tight spawns we're in, since they've took away the most useful glyph.

Yeah, so I'm definitely enjoying dungeons, they are tons of fun as SP (and raids are going to be even better), but Blizzard really needs to take a look at solo play.
    You have a stun. Lose the fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit 110 on my SP over the weekend. Leveling really started to suck, I was having to spam SM every other pull to keep going as the mobs started hitting harder and I wasn't doing enough damage. Getting more mobs from spawning on me could be a death sentence quiet often.

But here is what really pissed me off... I play on a PvP server and this bullshit finite ramp up mechanic we are now back to is nothing more than a handicap now. It is impossible to survive a one on one encounter of someone at the same level/ilvl and not die well before you're even ready to dish out any real damage unless you initiate the fight. NO fucking way to get enough insanity built for VF, no fucking way with every class able to stun/silence/disrupt all your skills that either have a cast or channel. Like literally you can SWP or PS and run the fuck away, that's about it.

I think that I either need to build insanity faster or build it while I use Shadow Mend and remove the cast time for Void Explosion so it can be cast when moving. There needs to be a way to build and unleash insanity fast enough when you're jumped and sitting at 0 insanity.

Probably going to level up my Rogue now that Ive hit 110 and don't see any major changes with more AP in my Artifact.

Solo Content with Sol or Alonsus and 837 ilvl feels much less scary. I can pull groups of 5-6 mobs. As mentioned earlier Caged Horror from Ravencrest is really nice.

I still think it was a major mistake to simply remove shadowform, its armor and the ability to toggle it.
    <inactive>

With ilvl 802 I can easily kill most lvl 110 elite solo, the damage is very nice.

I wish the cast time of void eruption would be removed baseline. Driven to Madness is nice and nessesarry to get insanity if you get drained, but it worth nothing if you can't enter void form. Also an increase of amor by 10% would is needed in my mind.

This changes and i would be happy.

Always kept my priest around dating back to Vanilla. Things have gone up and down for us for so long. I do more damage on my prot warrior than my shadow priest. I've tried. I wont be doing dungeons on my priest, at least not as shadow. He's my novelty guy, Salty title fishing, Max engineering etc. So I've got stuff to do, just not high end stuff until I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

TL;DR you're not alone. But it's early, keep your opinions heard though. That's important.

Hmm. I do decent dps by multidotting in Mythics/heroics; 200k+ on most trash pulls. I struggle obviously on the minor mobs where there are like 8+ but there are very few of those. On bosses I'm 160k-200k which usually competes for the top spot. 827 ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Started on my hunter today, at lvl 100 with WoD pvp gear (710) and a 725 bow im bursting over 100k DPS as MM already......sickening.
    You should have tried BM hunter - I was doing 150k single target STEADY dps on bosses with 790 gear..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Hmm. I do decent dps by multidotting in Mythics/heroics; 200k+ on most trash pulls. I struggle obviously on the minor mobs where there are like 8+ but there are very few of those. On bosses I'm 160k-200k which usually competes for the top spot. 827 ilvl.
    I hate to break it for you but.. You're playing with terrible players. 200k on trash pulls? Loads of classes/specs do that single target, where as they do 500k+ on 4-5+ trash mobs.

160-200k dps isn't that great either with 827 ilvl.. My 790 110 hunter does 150k easily on single target bosses. I've seen other classes do 300k+ with your ilvl.

Tldr: If you're doing good with Spriest, you're playing with bad people. Any competent player will make you stay at rock bottom of the meter.

It does get better guys. Im at 847iL and most of these problems are gone. Big aoe packs in dungeons im still not beating most anyone else, but 2-3 mobs and boss fights I destroy everyone. I normally hit between 250-300k dps on single target bosses and upwards of 400k with bosses with adds that last a bit. I admit leveling and hitting Suramar at 110 sucked but just power through it till you get better gear. Its worth it if you like the Spriest play style.
    Last edited by Helieos; 2016-09-07 at 05:35 AM.
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

Honestly, once i've got 825 gear and mass hysteria, soloing isn't that much of pain anymore. I just dot a ton of enemies, pop vf and run in circles while apparations and mh buffed dots disintegrate enemies. Mythics are pain but it should become better once the keys get out and mobs get too beef for melees to instacleave them. Of course the fact i don't mind playing holy in 5 mans plays its role but i've seen enough spriests in heroics and no one was blaming them for low dps since nobody cares.

Deleted
    If you struggle with world quest mob just take the talent that improves your shadowmend, who cares about speed boost when leveling? It doesn't help in any way while having a heal with no drawback is much more useful

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    You should have tried BM hunter - I was doing 150k single target STEADY dps on bosses with 790 gear..

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to break it for you but.. You're playing with terrible players. 200k on trash pulls? Loads of classes/specs do that single target, where as they do 500k+ on 4-5+ trash mobs.

160-200k dps isn't that great either with 827 ilvl.. My 790 110 hunter does 150k easily on single target bosses. I've seen other classes do 300k+ with your ilvl.

Tldr: If you're doing good with Spriest, you're playing with bad people. Any competent player will make you stay at rock bottom of the meter.
    No shit, shadow priest are very bad at AOE, now can we stop the endless whining and stop pretending like the spec sucks in every way? Thats just misinformation.

Go play hunter or some other FOTM then come back complaining that those specs are nerfed

I am at Ilvl 832, while grouping with good players I am near the bottom of dps charts almost every pull, below the tanks even. There are a FEW boss fights I have come up to 2nd or 3rd, I am running Mythics currently so there is plenty of time for our "ramp up", less now though since everyone's gear is getting better. Unless I am able to sit in one spot and just cast my rotation perfectly my dps will be garbage, if I exit void form too early my dps will be garbage, if I have to switch targets and "burst" adds my dps will be garbage. The first 15 or 20 seconds of a fight I am doing roughly a third of the dps of the next person in my group, by the time my "ramp up" is complete I am already too far behind. I don't feel that I am even contributing to the encounter. While being at a very high haste stack seems cool, it's actually a bit annoying. I might as well bind BM and VB to my mouse wheel and forget about mind flay.

Possible quality of life/DPS fixes, I do realize this would be an almost full rework of the spec and probably will never happen, also I am not suggesting all of these to be implemented, just ideas I have.

Void form should not have a cast time and not on the GCD, even better when we hit 100 insanity it should just happen.

Decrease the amount of extra haste from void form stacks and increase the insanity generation from abilities, so we can stay in longer but not be completely broken.

StM should not be a 10 minute raid cooldown. Instead, permanently buff Void form in another way rather than it's current buff to void form. Ideas?

Ability to instantly generate 100 insanity to enter void form on pulls.

Buff Mind sear damage or give the ability to spread dots for trash, this would not make us OP, seriously 10k ticks?

Lingering insanity should be baseline, getting to 30 stacks then re-entering void form just to lose it 5 seconds later is dumb.

A mechanic to refresh dots on all targets, could be worked with mind sear or mind flay?

I see I am not the only one frustrated with this class, I am new to priest all together and have been thinking about switching for a few days now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helieos View Post
    It does get better guys. Im at 847iL and most of these problems are gone. Big aoe packs in dungeons im still not beating most anyone else, but 2-3 mobs and boss fights I destroy everyone. I normally hit between 250-300k dps on single target bosses and upwards of 400k with bosses with adds that last a bit. I admit leveling and hitting Suramar at 110 sucked but just power through it till you get better gear. Its worth it if you like the Spriest play style.
    I keep trying to tell people this. We're gear/weap dependent as hell. I'm 841 now. third relic slow (with shitty relics tbh) and im doing really good damage on bosses and trash packs.

Funny because this is the first time I ever stuck to Shadow Priest. Tried them in all other expansions and hated them. In dungeons my dps sucks on AoE, on some bosses I pull 250k+ dps and am first on others I'm usually close to #1. The better the group is the worse my dps because the bosses die before I can even do anything. Oh, and don't bother picking StM in dungeons, you're better off with any of the other 2. Yes, we suck in dungeons, yes, we will be godly in execute-fights in raids and probably pretty okay on most other raid encounters as well. Unfortunately we will never be good at everything like Hunters and Mages.