Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    *shrugs*
    Fun detected.
    Fun nerfed.
    Company policy anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got the kite last night so it seems appropriate that they would nerf it today.

FWIW, it says "testing" so maybe it won't actually happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm so mad at Blizzard for nerfing fun things At least make Aviana's Feather able to be used in Legion zones to make up for it. Or the cheap green toy to jump the player much higher up.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    You prob havent try to climb the highmountain peck, i found that so cool and nice (also by night highmountain sky is amazing)

so fuck the kite and fuck the whinerz
    Oh, been there on account of mining quests, not at night tho. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I confess, I haven't even used the kite. The Flightmaster's Whistle has been more than enough for me so far.
    This

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    The woman selling goblin gliders to all and sundry trivialised an engineering perk.
    I think I might start filling up my bank with those as I expect a raise in price and they might remove it from that woman.

As an engineer this doesn't bother me too much, I still enchant my cloak with the glider and primarily find myself using that instead of the toy. The shorter CD was nice, but it also had a shorter flight time. I found myself a couple times using the toy from high height to try and fly some distance out to where I needed only to have the glider cut out half way and send me plumeting to my death, where as my cloak enchant has twice the duration of the toy, at least. Now with a 15 min CD? I'll stick to my cloak enchant.

And as I'm typing this I am now realizing they have actual cloak enchants, so I'm assuming as an engineer I cannot have a glider and "real" enchant on my cloak? So even as an engineering, I am screwed from my engineering perks we get and forced to carry around BoE gliders like everyone else? Really annoyed that I stuck with this joke of a profession again. It's like no one plays the beta. They all talk about how amazing the profession will be in legion again and have some perks and cool things you can do and then you have Reeves which will be a huge help for the raid and make it useful....then the expansion comes out and you realize our new jeeves is a consumable you have to stack and carry around with you, requires ridiculous mats to make anything, and ontop of that EVERYTHING we make this expansion seems to be a one use item. I swear do people even test professions during beta?

I don't understand the need for this change? Is it just to buff engineering? It can't be to keep us on the ground as there are still other options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so your saying a toy that made enginners feel shitty because their glider became something everyone had, and completly removed the market for goblin gliders got nerfed? man, i bet you people wouldent complain if a toy was added that did ALL of the prof mounting things like "cant be dismounted" and "can mine well mounted" etc
    whats the difference between that toy to engineers and the glider everyone can buy in dala???

15+ Year Old Account
    Beyond overkill. 5 minutes? sure. 10 minutes? Ugh, fine. 15 minutes? Classic Blizzard kneejerk overreaction.

The killer is the increased shared cd. It can't be longer than glider's baseline cd. If it is, I will never use the kite, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    Not really. Bad enough we can't fly.
    Shut UP. For real. Whining about flying is pathetic and makes you look like a fucking pussy. You don't deserve it. I hope they gate it behind months and months of shit so you quit.

FUCK FLYING

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    So, back to stocking goblin gliders I guess. Pointless toy at 15mins. I understand the combination of the 3 toys being strong but Jesus 15mins is silly.
    The thing that makes it stronger than the uncommon one is that the duration is 1minute instead of 15seconds. The cooldown shouldn't matter. Also I understand it is nice and all, but why do we really need to use it as often as each 2minutes?

Deleted
    Errrr i am the only one that notice it's a hotfix IN TESTING?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    The thing that makes it stronger than the uncommon one is that the duration is 1minute instead of 15seconds. The cooldown shouldn't matter. Also I understand it is nice and all, but why do we really need to use it as often as each 2minutes?
    Levelling alone I near enough use it on cooldown, it's just so useful traversing from one quest objective to another, or catching up to people in the world to kill them (PvP server) - I don't need Engineering on every char now, when people use Rocket Boots to get away I can follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Errrr i am the only one that notice it's a hotfix IN TESTING?
    Yeah I am hoping this means that they're intentionally overdoing it and then going to dial it back.
    This nerf sucks but it also makes sense, if I am putting a toy in the keybindings of every single one of my alts maybe something is wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm sorry... What exactly, do you think, was the "intended use" of a toy that flings you high up in the air?
    Obviously the intent was not to be used as a workaround for flying, as is evidenced by the fact that it was nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yeah I am hoping this means that they're intentionally overdoing it and then going to dial it back.
    This nerf sucks but it also makes sense, if I am putting a toy in the keybindings of every single one of my alts maybe something is wrong.
    My bet is that they will put it on a 10 minute timer, still quite high but better then 15 XD

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Except now you'll just be binding something else that does the same thing.

The argument that this affects engineering in any way it just ludicrous. NO ONE buys goblin glider kits for more than the mats are worth. The only reason they're doing this is because it stepped on the toes of demon hunters, which once again is stupid as the kits have been around far longer than the class has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    It's OP as fuck right now to be fair, especially when levelling alts.

I mean, I've never really needed it more in that time window anyway. Engineering has to be useful somehow since they've given them nothing else this expansion.