Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think you don't get what I meant.

Just was talking about the healing numbers per cast of Revival + Yu'lon trait (and that is roughly 20% of HP per cast with the trait, so 250.000 healing / 1.300.000 max HP).
    Ye as as I said before hp has scaled faster then ever before compared to healing / damage. With much more hp of each players they managed to reduce the power of raid cooldowns something they wanted after wod. But all raid healing cooldowns did get the same treatment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synners View Post
    Can someone assist me with a macro?
    I want a damage ability macro together with heal ability that damage the target if my target is an enemy BUT if i mouse over an allie to heal him, it is possible to make such macro?
    This works, just change effuse and tiger palm to the spell you want..
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,help,nodead]effuse;[nohelp]Tiger Palm
    Post the macro into here and it will explain how it works. http://www.macroexplain.com/

So I'm 19 artifact levels in, got me Mists of Life + Dancing Mists and the Mists of Sheilun, not sure if I should go for Extended Healing now or directly for gold rivival trait, any thoughts?

Does the rivival trait hot benefit from Mists of Sheilun?
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-09-07 at 02:54 PM.

I was just thinking about Dancing Mists - would it not be better to use on a full health target?

There's a 10% chance of it splitting on cast, and another 10% when it goes from a full health target to a non full health target.

If you use it on someone missing HP, there's a 10% chance of it splitting.
    If you use it on someone who's full hp, there's a 10% chance of it splitting, and another 10% chance of it splitting when it moves off of the full HP target. That's a 1% chance at 3 people healed, and a 19% chance of at least 2 people getting healed, rather than a 10% chance of 2 people getting healed and a 0% chance of 3 people getting healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxis View Post
    I was just thinking about Dancing Mists - would it not be better to use on a full health target?
    Yes I believe so, you get an extra jump if you cast it on a full health person. It isn't the most intuitive thing in the world (oh no people are dying let's blanket the full health guys with RM) but you give yourself an extra 10% chance right off the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Virond View Post
    Yes I believe so, you get an extra jump if you cast it on a full health person. It isn't the most intuitive thing in the world (oh no people are dying let's blanket the full health guys with RM) but you give yourself an extra 10% chance right off the start.
    A pre-requisite for the jump is that you've thrown away 1/7th (or so) of the healing on overhealing. So getting a 10% chance at a potential 100% of the healing is actually a net loss. It's just less of a loss than that overhealing would ordinarily be. But if you're purposefully throwing away 14% of a Renewing Mist's heal to get 10% of a Renewing Mist's heal, you're not really making out. At suitably high levels of haste, it can get close but I'd say this tactic is a poor idea in general.

You would end up with more chances to proc the +40% Vivify. But the proc chance is so low that you're talking about a time between procs measured in milliseconds difference.

Probably an odd question at this point but how did you all handle leveling Mistweaver? Did you just go WW or BM and amass AP? Or did you actually level as MW?

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    A pre-requisite for the jump is that you've thrown away 1/7th (or so) of the healing on overhealing. So getting a 10% chance at a potential 100% of the healing is actually a net loss. It's just less of a loss than that overhealing would ordinarily be. But if you're purposefully throwing away 14% of a Renewing Mist's heal to get 10% of a Renewing Mist's heal, you're not really making out. At suitably high levels of haste, it can get close but I'd say this tactic is a poor idea in general.

You would end up with more chances to proc the +40% Vivify. But the proc chance is so low that you're talking about a time between procs measured in milliseconds difference.
    Hm, maybe the advice I read was referring more to higher-health players and not full-health players in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
    Probably an odd question at this point but how did you all handle leveling Mistweaver? Did you just go WW or BM and amass AP? Or did you actually level as MW?
    I did WW with 13 traits, it was very easy. There's another thread in this forum about leveling and you'll see some responses there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    So I'm 19 artifact levels in, got me Mists of Life + Dancing Mists and the Mists of Sheilun, not sure if I should go for Extended Healing now or directly for gold rivival trait, any thoughts?

Does the rivival trait hot benefit from Mists of Sheilun?
    Extended Healing is 15% to rem but I would rather go for the golden traits before going for that Extended Healing.

I got the MW artifact and leveled as MW to 102, then got the WW artifact and leveled from 102-110 as WW - much easier, faster and funnier. Just safe all your items for the artifact and you won't have a problem.

Does the "caster" darkmoon trinket (Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire) work for healers too? It has base int + crit shuffle effect. Anyone knows this?

A pre-requisite for the jump is that you've thrown away 1/7th (or so) of the healing on overhealing. So getting a 10% chance at a potential 100% of the healing is actually a net loss.
    Didn't think about that. I guess it would just make more sense to use it on very high health people who will top off in a tick or 2 to increase the chance of spreading.

Didn't think about that. I guess it would just make more sense to use it on very high health people who will top off in a tick or 2 to increase the chance of spreading.
    No matter what tick you're talking about, the trade-off is the same. You're losing 1/7th of the heal to overhealing in exchange for the small chance of another full HoT.

The talent is really a 'loss limiter' more than anything else. Once you have the talent, your Renewing Mists is almost guaranteed to heal for near full (counting the extra heals it throws around and presuming there's damage to heal) no matter what you do. You could blindly target it on a random person and your outcome would be within the same narrow band of effectiveness (indeed, you could probably simplify your UI by just auto-targeting it on yourself without significantly impacting your overall healing).

This gives it a significant advantage over a conventional HoT, which is going to lose 30%-40% of its effectiveness to overhealing. Unless you're talking very high levels of haste (which reduces the loss you suffer from a tick overhealing by providing more ticks at the same total healing), your ideal situation is the same as a normal HoT: it heals fully on a single target. But your worst case scenario isn't all that far from your ideal scenario (presuming the damage exists to heal) - and that's the value of the artifact trait.

WW 100-110, got MW and BrM artifacts along the way so I could get EXP at the same time. WW does about 4x the DPS or more to quest mobs because it's so bursty.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

No matter what tick you're talking about, the trade-off is the same. You're losing 1/7th of the heal to overhealing in exchange for the small chance of another full HoT.
    When you say 1/7th, what do you mean? I think understand the basic premise of what you're saying, but I'm not 100% so I would like some clarification. Does renewing mist by default have 7 ticks, and one tick on a full hp player will always be lost before it switches? If thats the case, then putting it on a full hp target would still be the best option compared to any other non full hp target, would it not? Or is the math as obvious as it looks - you lose roughly 14% of the healing for a 10% chance at a split, and that 10% chance won't make up for the 14%.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Does the "caster" darkmoon trinket (Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire) work for healers too? It has base int + crit shuffle effect. Anyone knows this?
    I think it was hotfixed to only work for disc priests... pretty sure I've seen blue notes about this on the front page recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    WW 100-110, got MW and BrM artifacts along the way so I could get EXP at the same time. WW does about 4x the DPS or more to quest mobs because it's so bursty.
    4X? seriously, you can pull 20 mobs as WW and one shot them with Strike of the Windlord.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

As I see so many posts saying different things. Is the info on icy veins reliable? As in,

vers crit haste/mastery for raids? (yes I know mastery is good for 5 mans etc)

Is the artifact progression on that site decent? As you'll miss out on the revival gold talent for the first week or so of raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    As I see so many posts saying different things. Is the info on icy veins reliable? As in,

vers crit haste/mastery for raids? (yes I know mastery is good for 5 mans etc)

Is the artifact progression on that site decent? As you'll miss out on the revival gold talent for the first week or so of raids.
    I think Dancing Mists will be stronger than the revive trait, which is why it's written the way it is. Vers > Crit > Haste = Mastery is accurate for Mistweaving, though haste becomes more important if you fistweave or run Mythic+.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I think it was hotfixed to only work for disc priests... pretty sure I've seen blue notes about this on the front page recently.

- - - Updated - - -

4X? seriously, you can pull 20 mobs as WW and one shot them with Strike of the Windlord.

Woah man. Sometimes I have to use Fists of Fury to kill the 3 or 4 remaining guys. Don't make our class seem too overpowered.

When you say 1/7th, what do you mean? I think understand the basic premise of what you're saying, but I'm not 100% so I would like some clarification. Does renewing mist by default have 7 ticks, and one tick on a full hp player will always be lost before it switches? If thats the case, then putting it on a full hp target would still be the best option compared to any other non full hp target, would it not? Or is the math as obvious as it looks - you lose roughly 14% of the healing for a 10% chance at a split, and that 10% chance won't make up for the 14%.
    1/7th is just an approximation. Renewing Mists lasts for 20 sec, it ticks every 3 sec, so you lose about 1/7th. It's a bit more than this (since the last 'tick' is smaller), but it's a bit less once you extend it with the artifact trait. Haste also reduces the impact of that overhealing (ticks happen more frequently).

And the math is as obvious at it looks. To get the benefit of an additional Renewing Mist chance when it moves, you first need to have lost healing from the original Renewing Mist. The total benefit will normally be slightly less than if Renewing Mists had been happily ticking away on the same target.

Deleted
    Tick is every 2 seconds.

Casting it on a full hp target also wastes the mastery proc.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-09-08 at 06:37 PM.