10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you who fall into the "no fly no buy" mentality, I have one question:

What are you doing to do when they release flying, but then you have to do all the build up achievements to get it because you were stubborn and didn't play the game when the game didn't have flight available?

You have to get revered with ALL legion reps, do all story lines, explore the whole map, do 100 world quests, and I believe do all dungeons on heroic mode.

You still won't be able to fly on day 1 when it is finally patched into the game.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    For those of you who fall into the "no fly no buy" mentality, I have one question:

What are you doing to do when they release flying, but then you have to do all the build up achievements to get it because you were stubborn and didn't play the game when the game didn't have flight available?
    Er, nothing? I'm not buying until flying is back at least to "level cap, pay some gold" model.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    What flying does is give you free reign over what you want to skip and drops you right on your objective. No danger, no thinking, just num lock and alt tab.
    There shouldn't be much challenge. After questing, most of the open world trash mobs should be DEAD.

You have to get revered with ALL legion reps, do all story lines, explore the whole map, do 100 world quests, and I believe do all dungeons on heroic mode.

You still won't be able to fly on day 1 when it is finally patched into the game.

I will do them, because I would do most of them anyway. I will just not "pre-pay" for a feature that is not in the game yet, as that is not always the wisest thing to do.

Make the product I want and I will pay you for it... such is the way of life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Er, nothing? I'm not buying until flying is back at least to "level cap, pay some gold" model.
    Looks like you will never play WoW again then, blizzard (and the majority of the player base) likes the new model of releasing flying in new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good point.
    Which is why I will do the content but in very strict moderation.
    No sense playing until I yell at my screen because I am annoyed by the sheer tedium of the game.

it wont go back to that so find another game.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    the majority of the player base likes the new model of releasing flying in new content.
    I wouldn't go that far.
    I think to the majority it's just not important at all. They don't give a shit either way.

We (die hard pro flyers) and you (die hard anti flyers) are both rather small extremist groups.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like you will never play WoW again then, blizzard (and the majority of the player base) likes the new model of releasing flying in new content.
    Majority of the REMAINING players you mean? there are like 3.3m of them as far as we know. Pales in comparison to wotlk numbers. So don't speak about a majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    it wont go back to that so find another game.
    Do I have your permission now?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

A lot depends on what the final parts of the unlock look like. I've said multiple times that I'm waiting to see what happens with 7.1 or 7.2. If there's a decent story tie-in and some actual context, I think it could be pretty good. I suspect that's not going to happen, but I can always hope.

And a lot really depends on just how tedious and irritating the questing process is. If it's a giant pile of daily quests and hard time-locks, then I'll probably just throw my hands up in disgust and do something else. I have better things to do than get screwed by a bunch of unnecessary speed bumps.

Blizzard is not entitled to my money until the feature is in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    What will be interesting to see is how quickly if they bring an artifact catchup system before or after flying is introduced.
    you mean artifact knowledge that is already in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    you mean artifact knowledge that is already in the game?
    AK doesn't work that well as a catchup mechanism because it is gated currently. If they change it or ease up on it then maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Good point.
    Which is why I will do the content but in very strict moderation.
    No sense playing until I yell at my screen because I am annoyed by the sheer tedium of the game.
    Not sure where you get "sheer tedium" from because they made it really easy to do outdoor world content, specifically world quests because of the flight path whistle they give you when you open up world quests. I really don't mind riding my *GASP* Ground Mount** 50 feet from a flight path to do the world quests. Also, if you have professions like skinning, herb, mining, you can find a lot of very valuable materials along the way to the world quest.

Its almost as if you extreme no-fly players don't like to play MMOs.

- - - Updated - - -

Majority of the REMAINING players you mean? there are like 3.3m of them as far as we know. Pales in comparison to wotlk numbers. So don't speak about a majority.

Do I have your permission now?
    Wrong.

They said the concurrent playerbase is as high as it was during early cataclysm, which means Subs are in the 10m range right now.

Not sure where you get "sheer tedium" from because they made it really easy to do outdoor world content, specifically world quests because of the flight path whistle they give you when you open up world quests. I really don't mind riding my *GASP* Ground Mount** 50 feet from a flight path to do the world quests. Also, if you have professions like skinning, herb, mining, you can find a lot of very valuable materials along the way to the world quest.

Blizzard just nerfed three toys that were used in Legion to travel around to do world quests. That doesn't mean players stopped liking MMOs but that Blizzard is trying to slow down players.

So the same thing applies with flying. I will not buy Legion as it is incomplete at the moment and I am playing another MMO currently.

Nevermind the fact the person you're quoting plays multiple MMOs...

I don't think the complain is not being able to fly at the start, but that flying is not available at the end. Eventually, once people have reached the max the completed most of the quest, the style of game changes. They could be farming, flying to dungeons, raids etc.

What I find surprising is that how the no flying camp forcing their vision of a "better game" onto others. If you like traveling on the ground, admiring the scenery, you can.

Why remove flying when it doesn't affect the no flyers? Prefer using the ground? Do so.

In zones where I like the scenery, I use the ground mount. This includes most Northend and Mop. I fly in Outland because I happen to dislike most of the zones there.

I never understand why some people wants to remove choices from others when it has virtually no effects on their game. To me, it seems like, "I like no flying and so should you." type argument.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's being realistic. They don't want it. Otherwise they never would have tried to remove it entirely. SirCowDog is completely correct that flying becomes available when you least need it and that's their point: they don't really want flight to have utility other than what they provide in a limited way through toys and such. Anything or combination of things approaching unlimited flight will be squashed like a bug as we've seen this week. They want it to be a reward for those who just like flying around. It provides utility very late in the expansion if leveling alts but at that point everyone in Irvine has moved on to the next thing. If people find that attitude offensive then that's OK. But it's what it is and I think it unlikely to change. This is how it is.

Heh heh... as a note, I said something similar to this (that they were still trying to phase flight out of the game) a few months ago and you called me out on it as a speculative opinion.

That aside, the removal of flight (that inspired me to leave WoW) has actually been beneficial to me in the long run because it opened my eyes to a few things.

For eight years I played WoW exclusively. I loved leveling alts, doing achievements, collecting things, crafting, and later pet battles. I left nearly three years ago over the flight thing and just went back for a single month at the end of WoD where I realized a few things:

- Questing with alts was my bread-and-butter... not a big realization, but it plays into other things

- Nearly everything else (professions, pet battles, pvp, dungeons) were effectively my "time killers"... I barely touched them in the month I was there and did not miss them at all, yet I still had a great time.

- My yearning to return to WoW was very rose-tinted glasses in nature. I had a lot of fun, but leaving it was easy-peasy this time around (breaking the initial 8-year habit was actually the hard part). I have moved on to other games at this point, so that probably has some impact.

The biggest thing I learned above EVERYTHING though is...

Wait until the expansion is about to die before re-subbing! The benefits to my gameplay were HUGE by doing this!

Blizzard was tripping over themselves to give me good catch-up gear and fast leveling, rather than making me go through a huge grind in order to stretch the content. Despite playing in what is probably the worst expansion ever, it was probably my favorite month ever in the game (the Legion Invasions were no small part of that).

I did the whole Pathfinder run, leveled and geared about 9 characters to 100, and then unsubbed to wait on flight. (Good times.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard just nerfed three toys that were used in Legion to travel around to do world quests. That doesn't mean players stopped liking MMOs but that Blizzard is trying to slow down players.

So the same thing applies with flying. I will not buy Legion as it is incomplete at the moment and I am playing another MMO currently.
    OR it could just simply mean exactly what they said when they nerfed it. Having them on such short cooldowns diminished the class identity of some of the classes and professions, most notably, mages, priests (slow fall), and engineers.

Plus there are goblin gliders for **GASP** Everyone! So its really not that bad of a nerf. 15 minutes isnt bad especially since we have the FP whistle. I haven't even gotten those toys yet and im already sitting at 846 ilvl on my mage.

This.

And build that wall so Greymayne and the Worgen can go back to their little utopia.
    Lol wow is at its greatest, more subs than first day of your beloved wotlk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.