Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Apple doesn't make products for those who care about convenience.
    Apple doesn't make products for those who care about performance.

Wether it is phones, or computers.

Their target audience is more about the feeling, than about logic.
    They care more about design, about the gadget being modern, cool and interesting.

Also you get additional money on new headphones and adapters, as you do on chargers.

So Apple will make money on this change, don't worry about their stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Apple decided it was a smart move to have the Iphone 7 not be able to play music.
    Instead you can buy a 150 dollar costing upgrade if you want to listen music on your phone.

http://www.vox.com/2016/9/7/12822516...ne-7-headphone

Apple stocks are gonna plummet entire 2016/2017. Sell em now.

You are welcome.
    Already a thread about this. And unless you're using a headphone jack for something other than music, you should already have bluetooth headphones. I recommend these: https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-B.../dp/B00KJLMBQQ but more affordable models work.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Sold mine a week ago. $186k will come in handy.

bluetooth also drains battery significantly more than an audio cable. my phone will last about an hour with bluetooth/wireless on, it will last many hours listening to music without it.

i also despise anything wireless, i find it unreliable. guess my 6 will be my last iphone.

I use wireless earphones already this affects me zero

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/skullcan...926&ksdevice=t

I use the skull candy Ink'd wireless in ear ones. I couldn't be happier with comfort and performance.
    Last edited by Xandrigity; 2016-09-09 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apple is garbage. What else is new? I care about what is better not about what I can waste my money on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad Samsung can't capitalize on the apparent headphone backlash that Apple is experiencing... what with the Note 7 recall underway.

While I don't particularly like it, I'm not seeing what the big deal is.

"OMG I CAN'T LISTEN TO MUSIC AND CHARGE MY PHONE AT THE SAME TIME!!! FUCK U APPLE!11!1!!"

since when was this such a big issue? It's like WoD and no flying all over again....since when was flying such a big issue that people are willing to unsub if they don't get it? Nobody even talked about it before, but now that it's being changed, suddenly it's a super-important dealbreaker?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

"OMG I CAN'T LISTEN TO MUSIC AND CHARGE MY PHONE AT THE SAME TIME!!! FUCK U APPLE!11!1!!"
    These are so called pet peeves. The big deal is: Why can't I plug in my favorite headphones out of the box? Why do I need to resort to overly expensive headphones or an adapter (which isn't automatically included).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It is about removing choice, do not tell me that a 3,5mm conection had a relevant impact on the price or the size of the phone.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Apple decided it was a smart move to have the Iphone 7 not be able to play music.
    Instead you can buy a 150 dollar costing upgrade if you want to listen music on your phone.

http://www.vox.com/2016/9/7/12822516...ne-7-headphone

Apple stocks are gonna plummet entire 2016/2017. Sell em now.

You are welcome.
    Their antennas have supposedly been on an ever declining quality spiral making the phone part debateable but the presence or absence of a jack it what drives people to question their chocies?

some guys who make their living by holding stocks already got out of apple. Its was, for the last decade, and is in the process of getting a even bigger big rip-off company.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    This is like complaining that Ferrari doesn't sell nearly as many cars as Toyota. Apple is the exclusive brand while other companies are the Toyota's and Hyundai's.
    Apple? Exclusive? LOL
    OT: The new headphones are shit
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than an exploding hand grenade *wink*

There are no non-Android alternatives to Apple - so their place is guaranteed for those of us who want a solid reliable phone.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You do understand that bluetooth is proprietary and must be licensed... right? Frankly, if what Apple has works better then bluetooth (which really doesn't work that well) I would expect it to be rolled into the standard. Personally, I'll keep using the bluetooth headphones I have. I dislike wireless earbuds for several reasons.
    Yes, I just hate that so much of what Apple puts out seems to only work really well if you only use Apple products, Apple software, and don't do anything but what they want you to do.

Simple tasks like plugging an ipad into my PC and locating moving a specific file from my PC to my ipad, for the purpose of reading that file elsewhere, should not require specific software that is completely up-to-date. It should be as effortless as any other file transfer via USB.

Perhaps "proprietary" isn't the most precise word to describe the problem. Bluetooth is proprietary, but is relatively universal, and anyone who wants to make use of it can do so. I have no problem with companies making money, but when their products stop working with equally viable alternatives.... it's the same reason I don't have Amazon Prime. I'm sure it works great with the Amazon Fire, but it doesn't work well (or at all) with Chromecast, and that's what I happened to buy first... if using your service requires that I completely re-do my setup solely for the sake of giving you more money or using your brand name, I'm not interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There are no non-Android alternatives to Apple - so their place is guaranteed for those of us who want a solid reliable phone.
    I've never once had a problem with any Android phone I've ever used, nor has anyone I know. Anecdotal, yes, but from my perspective this comment is entirely baseless. My phone does everything I want it to, is far easier to use than an iphone would be, and cost far less.

Phone costs $900 and they'll sell 20 million of them in the first 60 seconds.

92% of that revenue is pure profit on which they will pay no tax.

Oh and the piece of shit is designed and program to fail 400 days after its first powered on.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Phone costs $900 and they'll sell 20 million of them in the first 60 seconds.

92% of that revenue is pure profit on which they will pay no tax.

Oh and the piece of shit is designed and program to fail 400 days after its first powered on.
    Talking about Samsung I see, yeah well guess we have to deal with that :/

Oh wait they don't update their phone. jk jk
    Last edited by Msi; 2016-09-09 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Softbank 503LV

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Talking about Samsung I see, yeah well guess we have to deal with that :/

Oh wait they don't update their phone. jk jk
    zing!
    /10char
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    This is like complaining that Ferrari doesn't sell nearly as many cars as Toyota. Apple is the exclusive brand while other companies are the Toyota's and Hyundai's.
    Except a iPhone is like a Mercedes Benz C-Class. You're just paying for the logo.

iPhone 7 looks more like a iPhone 6ss if anything. It just doesn't have anything that really makes you want to get it over the iPhone 6 or 6s (except maybe that black color). There was always a major redesign in the non-s years but now Apple is saying next year will be the redesign so what's the point of this iPhone?
    Last edited by Suporex; 2016-09-09 at 10:52 AM.