Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor View Post
    It's not surprising at all. They are ethnically homogeneous, and therefore get along. If that fact surprised you, you have an incredibly incorrect worldview.
    How is it that countries the size of Belgium and Switzerland can be "multinational" states where each ethnic group must be a more specialer snowflake than all the others, while China is just a big blob of clones who all look, talk, and act alike? The idea that "we" are all special and unique individuals while "they" are all just an indistinguishable mass is its own way a form of cultural chauvinism.

Deleted
    It's not surprising at all. They are ethnically homogeneous, and therefore get along. If that fact surprised you, you have an incredibly incorrect worldview
    It is absolutely surprising if not UNIQUE that a metropolis of 25 million people doesn't have issues. It has very little to do with being ethnically homogenous. What's the story with you people crawling out the woodwork all of a sudden.
    Keep this shit ideas for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil
    Sorry, are you saying that Beijing, a megametropolis of 25 million people has no rough areas that people should avoid?
    In the sense of a tourist visiting, say, New York, they don't seem to. Some part of that may be because of the very population density you mentioned. I apologize in advance for a rambling answer, I'm a few cups of coffee short.

Let's take the area where I rent as an example. I live in a very ordinary apartment complex about half way out between the city center and the edges of the city itself. It isn't a fancy place, and the potential problems seem typical.

Rent is steep in Beijing and there is a large migrant population. Many areas that were once intended for storage and emergency shelter have been converted to warrens of single rooms. My complex is convenient to the subway, and no exception. There are quite a few people living largely out of sight in a place you probably wouldn't know about, an area under the apartments. How many people live there? I don't know and I doubt the government does either, but a thousand wouldn't surprise me. The main entrance is an unmarked door sort of behind a dry cleaner. Similarly, the area next to the subway tracks is sort of park like, but it isn't unusual for groups working construction to pitch tents there. These are two potentially rough groups, but I have no worries if I'm out at night and carrying the equivalent of a month's pay for them in cash without so much as a pocket knife or pepper spray. That holds equally true at 1500 or 0300.

Consider that many people living in one area. Even at 0300 I may bump into small groups of elderly Chinese taking in a breeze and gossiping away, that's an activity as dear to them as granny dancing. Beyond the gossipy grannies, at any given time, there will be people out cleaning the streets, and others using the quiet hours of early morning to make deliveries or to pick stuff up. How does any of this reduce crime? Anyone committing a crime, or just being a jackass, is apt to find their face all over social media because there are lots of bored people out there, and most have phones. These aren't sinister government snitches observing people, these are just folks who want their 15 minutes of fame for posting a video that might get hits.

What about the rent a cops I mentioned? They are much like rent a cops around the world. They're there to protect property, whether is apartments, a school, or a mall. In between naps and playing with their phones, they'll bestir themselves to do a lap or two on an electric scooter. Still, presence is presence, and those electric scooters can be very silent.

Probably a more significant factor that might explain why there aren't bad areas is that Beijing has expanded so quickly that really shady areas just haven't had a chance to develop. Those rent a cops are protecting things because property in Beijing can cost 100, 000 RMB ... per square meter. Give it a few decades and real shady areas may spring up. For now, they haven't.

Do I claim that there is no crime? Oh, hells no! Would I tell you not to go to a popular pedestrian area downtown? No, but I would tell you to avoid 'helpful' young women, working in pairs, who will offer to assist you with a thousand things like visiting an art gallery because they are probably not the innocent, dewy eyed students the claim to be and they're probably shills who get about 60% of the money they get you to spend. Similarly, I wouldn't tell you that the main airport is in a bad area, but I would tell you to use a shuttle bus or the special subway branch instead of taking a taxi that might have a rigged meter or a driver who finds ways to drive you all over the place to run up the fare. I wouldn't tell you to avoid coffee shops as a hotbed of crime, but I would tell you not to leave your phone on the table while you aren't there.

Bad areas? Not so much. Dumb moves? Those exist.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    In the sense of a tourist visiting, say, New York, they don't seem to. Some part of that may be because of the very population density you mentioned. I apologize in advance for a rambling answer, I'm a few cups of coffee short.

Let's take the area where I rent as an example. I live in a very ordinary apartment complex about half way out between the city center and the edges of the city itself. It isn't a fancy place, and the potential problems seem typical.

Rent is steep in Beijing and there is a large migrant population. Many areas that were once intended for storage and emergency shelter have been converted to warrens of single rooms. My complex is convenient to the subway, and no exception. There are quite a few people living largely out of sight in a place you probably wouldn't know about, an area under the apartments. How many people live there? I don't know and I doubt the government does either, but a thousand wouldn't surprise me. The main entrance is an unmarked door sort of behind a dry cleaner. Similarly, the area next to the subway tracks is sort of park like, but it isn't unusual for groups working construction to pitch tents there. These are two potentially rough groups, but I have no worries if I'm out at night and carrying the equivalent of a month's pay for them in cash without so much as a pocket knife or pepper spray. That holds equally true at 1500 or 0300.

Consider that many people living in one area. Even at 0300 I may bump into small groups of elderly Chinese taking in a breeze and gossiping away, that's an activity as dear to them as granny dancing. Beyond the gossipy grannies, at any given time, there will be people out cleaning the streets, and others using the quiet hours of early morning to make deliveries or to pick stuff up. How does any of this reduce crime? Anyone committing a crime, or just being a jackass, is apt to find their face all over social media because there are lots of bored people out there, and most have phones. These aren't sinister government snitches observing people, these are just folks who want their 15 minutes of fame for posting a video that might get hits.

What about the rent a cops I mentioned? They are much like rent a cops around the world. They're there to protect property, whether is apartments, a school, or a mall. In between naps and playing with their phones, they'll bestir themselves to do a lap or two on an electric scooter. Still, presence is presence, and those electric scooters can be very silent.

Probably a more significant factor that might explain why there aren't bad areas is that Beijing has expanded so quickly that really shady areas just haven't had a chance to develop. Those rent a cops are protecting things because property in Beijing can cost 100, 000 RMB ... per square meter. Give it a few decades and real shady areas may spring up. For now, they haven't.

Do I claim that there is no crime? Oh, hells no! Would I tell you not to go to a popular pedestrian area downtown? No, but I would tell you to avoid 'helpful' young women, working in pairs, who will offer to assist you with a thousand things like visiting an art gallery because they are probably not the innocent, dewy eyed students the claim to be and they're probably shills who get about 60% of the money they get you to spend. Similarly, I wouldn't tell you that the main airport is in a bad area, but I would tell you to use a shuttle bus or the special subway branch instead of taking a taxi that might have a rigged meter or a driver who finds ways to drive you all over the place to run up the fare. I wouldn't tell you to avoid coffee shops as a hotbed of crime, but I would tell you not to leave your phone on the table while you aren't there.

Bad areas? Not so much. Dumb moves? Those exist.
    Thanks for the extensive reply.
    That's an interesting point you made, the rapid expansion of Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    They do. Just look at how they try to single every one of them as if they were special. Of course you're going to give them a superiority attitude and get racism.
    They don't.

I have no idea why you would think Britain enforces cultural segregation, or who you think enforces it.

That whole 'laundry detergent commercial' thing cemented the fact that all whites on the left are simply race traitors. They flipped their shit about this commercial, yet didn't make a peep when this commercial surfaced afterwards. It's a bit telling when Asians preferring Asians is 'toxic' and 'problematic,' yet openly advocating miscegenation in white countries is considered 'progress.'
    Last edited by 7-4; 2016-09-09 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-4 View Post
    That whole 'laundry detergent commercial' thing cemented the fact that all whites on the left are simply race traitors.
    Hahahaha, as if anyone has any obligation to be 'loyal' to their race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil
    That's an interesting point you made, the rapid expansion of Beijing.
    Thanks. It is something that is hard to imagine. I describe myself as living about half way out, but about ten years ago this area was largely undeveloped. There are malls where there used to be farms just a few years back. As factories were moved out towards other areas like Langfang, the fringes of Beijing turned into bedroom communities. Then, the bedroom communities started to need their own support for retail and services. It has been a slow motion explosion, and behind the wave of expansion there have been speculators buying up under utilized property to develop. I'm constantly finding places where I find myself thinking: "Oh, snap! Where did it go?" or "When did they put that here?" There isn't time to have shady areas in the sense of more established cities, someone would swoop in and build more apartments.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    If you wanted to visit Amsterdam, I'd have told you to avoid Amsterdam South-East. Guess what lives there? Minorities.

Truth is best delivered plainly stated. This warning accomplishes that.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Pretty sure London's ethnic minority areas are safer than, pretty much, any area in China.
    Safety from attacks? Not a chance. Enviromental safety? Sure.

These areas in London look like and are similar to any 3rd world country. London as a tourist attraction is a fucking scam because the only thing of interest is the absolute center (of course, you might say the same about many multicultural cities).
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-09-09 at 07:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    If you wanted to visit Amsterdam, I'd have told you to avoid Amsterdam South-East. Guess what lives there? Minorities.
    And also avoid the entire city of Rotterdam and most of The Hague too if you want to avoid bumping into certain groups.

It's not surprising at all. They are ethnically homogeneous, and therefore get along. If that fact surprised you, you have an incredibly incorrect worldview.
    You really aren't very bright are you? Hell you barely have to get outside of spitting distance of China to disprove your little assumption in multiple places that ethnic homogeneity is this magical solution.

ALso shows a complete ignorance of the economic development of China and how those cities came to be.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Safety from attacks? Not a chance. Enviromental safety? Sure.

These areas in London look like and are similar to any 3rd world country. London as a tourist attraction is a fucking scam because the only thing of interest is the absolute center (of course, you might say the same about many multicultural cities).
    Many... multicultural cities?

You guys are just hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Explain please...
    For instance, when I explain the current state of black Americans, much of it indeed has to do with history. Which has to deal with race. You don't oppress a people for hundreds of years and then say "okay it's been 40 years why haven't you turned around generations of being at a disadvantage yet" Take race out of the equatation and it always takes several generations for the poor to end up in better standing. The cycle of poverty is a very real thing, it takes white poor people generations to become middle class also, so I don't understand why when I mention race here and past oppression that only barely ended in the 70s-80s that I am the one who is making it all about race. The oppresion did happen and outside of race we have this whole cycle of poverty issue that makes any group forced into that income bracket take longer to move up (generations to move up). It's nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You people? Who...us white people?

Your whole shtick is "How can I blame this on white people?" You do that even when white people are not involved, e.g. you blamed white people when an Asian American shot a black American!
    No you people as in you people who think history has nothing to do with present day.

Kalis please go and quote my post saying that because right now your post is full of bullshit. Of course you won't do that, because again, your post is full of bullshit.

It's nice that some of you people live in a world were you can simply ignore race and the issue it brings and pretend it doesn't exist. "Oh no racism here race plays no part in anythign anywhere." It's fucking stupid...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    For instance, when I explain the current state of black Americans, much of it indeed has to do with history. Which has to deal with race. You don't oppress a people for hundreds of years and then say "okay it's been 40 years why haven't you turned around generations of being at a disadvantage yet" Take race out of the equatation and it always takes several generations for the poor to end up in better standing. The cycle of poverty is a very real thing, it takes white poor people generations to become middle class also, so I don't understand why when I mention race here and past oppression that only barely ended in the 70s-80s that I am the one who is making it all about race. The oppresion did happen and outside of race we have this whole cycle of poverty issue that makes any group forced into that income bracket take longer to move up (generations to move up). It's nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

No you people as in you people who think history has nothing to do with present day.

Kalis please go and quote my post saying that because right now your post is full of bullshit. Of course you won't do that, because again, your post is full of bullshit.

It's nice that some of you people live in a world were you can simply ignore race and the issue it brings and pretend it doesn't exist. "Oh no racism here race plays no part in anythign anywhere." It's fucking stupid...
    Then let me explain to you, the poverty of blacks and the history context. Do you know how Negroes ended up in America? Of course you know - the slave traders brought them in. Do you think it is an easy task to land on the beach in Africa, catch a strong, agile Negro and transport him to the other side of the ocean? No? Of course not. They managed only to catch those, who couldn't run away or the village chief sold them for a pack of cigarettes, because he would not have a use for them anyway - and all this people came to America. Made offspring. History went on. Computers appeared, Internet, etc. But so what?! Their heart pump the same blood, a blood of a man who got caught on his own neighbourhood!

So instead blaming everybody else, Negroes should first look at themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Then let me explain to you, the poverty of blacks and the history context. Do you know how Negroes ended up in America? Of course you know - the slave traders brought them in. Do you think it is an easy task to land on the beach in Africa, catch a strong, agile Negro and transport him to the other side of the ocean? No? Of course not. They managed only to catch those, who couldn't run away or the village chief sold them for a pack of cigarettes, because he would not have a use for them anyway - and all this people came to America. Made offspring. History went on. Computers appeared, Internet, etc. But so what?! Their heart pump the same blood, a blood of a man who got caught on his own neighbourhood!

Why the fuck are you calling black peopel negroes are you 80 years old or some shit?!

Also let me give you some context since apparently you know fuck all.

A RIVALING group selling another is not the same as being sold by your neighbor. This is a fucking stupid thing to think and even worse say.

Tell me... was ww2 a war between nations in Europe, or was it just a big civil war because all the people were white? I mean different countries, and different ethnicities, and different cultures, but they're all white right? Therefore it was just a civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post

1. A majority of African slaves were prisoners of war, Spanish and Portuguese traders didn't just jog across West Africa with butterfly nets. No, in West Africa, you had Kingdoms warring with one another and a lot of these POW's were either kept as slaves by the kingdoms themselves or sold off to the European traders alongside gold and ivory in exchange for guns, textiles, salt and other valuable resources.

2. You act as if Sub-Saharan African diaspora in the Americas just stayed to themselves, never admixed with any other groups. On average, African-Americans are around 20-30% Western European and usually around 0.8% Indigenous American.

That's not even counting the West and Central African slaves brought to Caribbean who's distance descendants possess genes from the Indigenous Carib Indians as well as a history of admixture with the Spaniards, English, Irish, Chinese, South Asian/East Indian and Malay indentured servants. It's not particularly rare to see a Jamaican man with epicanthal folds (slanted eyes) or some Jamaican people that look more South Asian than Sub-Saharan.

Deleted
    Yes but you said the operative word - Happen.
    The causation was racism, but sheer inertia is the problem now - That means that anti racism doesn't help.

Why the fuck are you calling black peopel negroes are you 80 years old or some shit?!

Also let me give you some context since apparently you know fuck all.

A RIVALING group selling another is not the same as being sold by your neighbor. This is a fucking stupid thing to think and even worse say.

Tell me... was ww2 a war between nations in Europe, or was it just a big civil war because all the people were white? I mean different countries, and different ethnicities, and different cultures, but they're all white right? Therefore it was just a civil war.
    Did you somehow forget all about the Asians that were in WWII? Everyone was not white...
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".