Thread: Elune Theory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Also interesting that Illidan, chosen by Elune or whatever, was also condemned by her. She had a hand in his imprisonment, going by what Tyrande and the Keeper of the Grove that hung out in the Warden's Vault thought of his imprisonment.
    I wonder if Blizzard is even going to think of looking at this whole possibility of both Illidan and Tyrande being Elune's chosen, or will they go no farther than the goofy sentimentality of the cinematic currently on the front page. Because all jokes aside, it could be an interesting plot point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefroz View Post
    That said, Darkness is the natural state of the universe, and there is far more darkness than the light can hope to fully overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    Again, that which does not exist is merely a blank slate waiting to be filled. It has no power. the light can overcome it whenever it wants, nothing can stand in its way.
    Yes, exactly. The absence of light -> void
    That's not exactly how it works in Warcraft. Void =/= generic darkness. Light came first. Void only came to be later, in places where Light had previously moved away from. Void never existed in the places Light had not expanded into.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That's not exactly how it works in Warcraft. Void =/= generic darkness. Light came first. Void only came to be later, in places where Light had previously moved away from. Void never existed in the places Light had not expanded into.
    Read my posts again carefully. Isn't this exactly what I wrote? For the third time: Absence of Light -> Void. Indeed, as you noticed too, void came to bee where there was no Light.

And don't fool yourself, darkness is void, they are essentially one and the same - no light -> void/emptiness / therefore darkness

10+ Year Old Account
    Read my posts again carefully. Isn't this exactly what I wrote? For the third time: Absence of Light -> Void. Indeed, as you noticed too, void came to bee where there was no Light.

And don't fool yourself, darkness is void, they are essentially one and the same - no light -> void/emptiness / therefore darkness
    No they are different. Absence of Light is not Void. As you wrote it, Void would exist in places Light had not yet expanded into. But this is wrong. Light leaving a place vacant is what first created Void. Void did not exist until Light left those places.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    No they are different. Absence of Light is not Void. As you wrote it, Void would exist in places Light had not yet expanded into. But this is wrong. Light leaving a place vacant is what first created Void. Void did not exist until Light left those places.
    What you write is useless nitpicking. Light was EVERYWHERE in the beginning, there didn't exist anything else but Light EVERYWHERE. As soon as light left palaces and was NO LONGER VERYWHERE, the void came into being. See? That wasn't hard was it? The void IS the darkness left behind when Light left.

As the light - and with it the very existence itself - expanded, so did everything in existence - ther was nothing else but light, and the tears left behind as light expanded is the void

Until this, there existed nothing else outside light - not even void/darkness.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-09-09 at 08:24 PM.