Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    ive been maining dh since alpha. fel rush was our only fury builder at one point...
    Let me ask you a question, if your best buddy told you that he did something and I told you he was wrong who would you believe? If you want to convince me you know better than him it's very unlikely.

Point is moot though.

Whether it was like that the entire time or not, doesn't make it a good design.

never had any of these issues in mythic hfc tbh. raid testing on beta was fine as well. if there WAS any issue, you would already know about it because there would be backlash after the testing.
    You got early early access to the Demon Hunter, huh?
    Well then, you are a special one...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Let me ask you a question, if your best buddy told you that he did something and I told you he was wrong who would you believe? If you want to convince me you know better than him it's very unlikely.

Point is moot though.

Whether it was like that the entire time or not, doesn't make it a good design.
    thats largely subjective, because i think the design is awesome. it makes us unique

thats largely subjective, because i think the design is awesome. it makes us unique
    I won't argue that "good" design can be subjective. But I want to know in what way do the idea I have put forth here make us less unique? We would still have Fel-Rush, the Momo/Fel Rush spec would STILL be top of the pile, the only difference would be that the other talents that don't feed into Fel Rush wouldn't be such trash tier, that some people who don't like (and probably suck at) Fel Rushing on CD will have an option as well. They will still be worse, just not 20% worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    I won't argue that "good" design can be subjective. But I want to know in what way do the idea I have put forth here make us less unique? We would still have Fel-Rush, the Momo/Fel Rush spec would STILL be top of the pile, the only difference would be that the other talents that don't feed into Fel Rush wouldn't be such trash tier, that some people who don't like (and probably suck at) Fel Rushing on CD will have an option as well. They will still be worse, just not 20% worse.
    ok and for the 500 millionth time this thread:

if you dont want to fel rush on go play a rogue

or

thats like saying i want to play feral but i dont want to use dots.

since the iteration of alpha version dh, fel rush was iconically theirs. vr was theirs. not using it because you dont want to or think its hard is possible, but it simply comes down to this: its a 20% difference is because you refuse to use one of the core abilities.

its a 20% difference is because you refuse to use one of the core abilities.
    It's only a 20% difference because it's currently tuned to be a 20% difference. Please remember this thread when the next tuning patch comes along and it's no longer 20%...
    This hard-line BS you've got going here is quite hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    It's only a 20% difference because it's currently tuned to be a 20% difference. Please remember this thread when the next tuning patch comes along and it's no longer 20%...
    This hard-line BS you've got going here is quite hilarious.
    its 20% because if you fel rush without momentum its like 4% less and if you dont fel rush at all its 20%

i swear to god. this thread

its 20% because if you fel rush without momentum its like 4% less and if you dont fel rush at all its 20%

i swear to god. this thread
    What part of "tuning" are you having trouble understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    What part of "tuning" are you having trouble understanding?
    they arent gonna tune dh out of using fel rush. what part of that are YOU having trouble understanding?

You special snowflake kids are hilarious. Fel Rush is not even as remotely close to an iconic ability as metamorphosis is. I would even say eye beam is far more "Demon Hunter" than fel rush. "Hurka durrrrr alpha!" I was in alpha and beta as well, you wanna get together for a circlejerk?

Also, I play fel rush/momo perfectly fine. I simply do not like it, nor do I like the illusion of choice blizzard has given us with our talents.

If they wanted fel rush to be THE way you play DH, they wouldn't have stripped it and put what makes it workable into talent form.

Here in a few weeks we'll find out. When people start getting cleaved by bosses or strafe rush into fire and dying all the time, they'll fix it. Same with hunter and barrage. It was a problem, no one wanted hunters for mythics, and so it was changed.

You can blow "mad cuz bad" out your ass all you want, but even if you're a MACHINE, RNJeezus will still put you right in your place.

- - - Updated - - -

they arent gonna tune dh out of using fel rush. what part of that are YOU having trouble understanding?
    Does your dad work for Blizzard? Are you going to have me banned? Where did the bad man touch you?

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2016-09-09 at 07:54 PM. Reason: INFRACTION

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    You special snowflake kids are hilarious. Fel Rush is not even as remotely close to an iconic ability as metamorphosis is. I would even say eye beam is far more "Demon Hunter" than fel rush. "Hurka durrrrr alpha!" I was in alpha and beta as well, you wanna get together for a circlejerk?

Also, I play fel rush/momo perfectly fine. I simply do not like it, nor do I like the illusion of choice blizzard has given us with our talents.

If they wanted fel rush to be THE way you play DH, they wouldn't have stripped it and put what makes it workable into talent form.

Here in a few weeks we'll find out. When people start getting cleaved by bosses or strafe rush into fire and dying all the time, they'll fix it. Same with hunter and barrage. It was a problem, no one wanted hunters for mythics, and so it was changed.

You can blow "mad cuz bad" out your ass all you want, but even if you're a MACHINE, RNJeezus will still put you right in your place.

- - - Updated - - -

Does your dad work for Blizzard? Are you going to have me banned? Where did the bad man touch you?
    if you strafe rush into fire or cleave mechanics you shouldnt play dh. banking fel rush charges and pooling fury for skillshots is how you play dh. is there any way to permanently block a thread?
    Last edited by Stacie; 2016-09-09 at 07:53 PM.

is there any way to permanently block a thread?
    You could exercise your willpower and stop posting here.

Anyway, I continue to advocate for:

1) Nerf Fel Rush damage baseline, so it's only used for movement and not damage
    2) Buff Fel Mastery talent so Fel Rush performs exactly like it did pre-nerf
    3) Buff Chaos Cleave and Blind Fury talents so they perform ~5% below Fel Mastery in both AE/cleave and single-target

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You could exercise your willpower and stop posting here.

Anyway, I continue to advocate for:

1) Nerf Fel Rush damage baseline, so it's only used for movement and not damage
    2) Buff Fel Mastery talent so Fel Rush performs exactly like it did pre-nerf
    3) Buff Chaos Cleave and Blind Fury talents so they perform ~5% below Fel Mastery in both AE/cleave and single-target
    that effectively does nothing positive for the spec tho. why not just buff the others and not nerf the current iteration? why nerf fel rush because you dont like to use it?

that effectively does nothing positive for the spec tho. why not just buff the others and not nerf the current iteration? why nerf fel rush because you dont like to use it?
    Please read more closely. This does not nerf the current interation. Your current gameplay and performance is preserved 100%. Just take Fel Mastery.

This proposal gives people who prefer not to rotationally reposition the ability to opt-out of it.

Please read more closely. This does not nerf the current interation. Your current gameplay and performance is preserved 100%. Just take Fel Mastery.

This proposal gives people who prefer not to rotationally reposition the ability to opt-out of it.
    but... no lol. that isnt the design blizzard went with. if they truly wanted that they would of implemented it so long ago. as an example: on some fights, chaos cleave is far better. with your solution you basically pigeonhole the people who want to use all of the abilities into not using them all because of ONE encounter, and thats shitty class design. dont be ridiculous man. on 2 target fights you would literally press demon bite and chaos strike and nothing else the majority of the fight. is that fun to you?

ok and for the 500 millionth time this thread:

if you dont want to fel rush on go play a rogue

or

thats like saying i want to play feral but i dont want to use dots.

since the iteration of alpha version dh, fel rush was iconically theirs. vr was theirs. not using it because you dont want to or think its hard is possible, but it simply comes down to this: its a 20% difference is because you refuse to use one of the core abilities.
    For the 500 over exaggerated number time I fucking agree with the sentiment that if you don't like Fel Rush, don't play Havoc. Paying attention seems to be an issue for you.

It's not gonna be changed soon, it may never change. That doesn't mean that I won't give feed back on the matter. You don't have to like it. You want Fel Rush in the rotation, so do I, for MY rotation. I won't complain or even get salty if they tune it so there is a spec that doesn't use it in the rotation.

For fucks sake I DO use it correctly, I have said this multiple multiple times that momo and fel rush are in my wheel house, that I am a fan of them. Not everyone is, and I don't think it's out of the question to further develop a spec that doesn't use fel rush rotationally. So no I don't refuse to use it. READ THE FUCKING POSTS. I use it and love it. The argument has always been, for me, that Fel Rush should be specced into to be a rotational ability, not a base line rotational FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO DO IT. Caps/Bolded so you'll finally pay attention.

You can tell me all day long, if you want, that it'll never happen, but seriously why in the hell would I take your word for it?

- - - Updated - - -

but... no lol. that isnt the design blizzard went with. if they truly wanted that they would of implemented it so long ago. as an example: on some fights, chaos cleave is far better. with your solution you basically pigeonhole the people who want to use all of the abilities into not using them all because of ONE encounter, and thats shitty class design. dont be ridiculous man. on 2 target fights you would literally press demon bite and chaos strike and nothing else the majority of the fight. is that fun to you?
    Right cause no other changes could possibly be made. First of all, Eye Beam, Fury of the Illidari could still be pressed and if they buffed Blade Dance not to be horrible that too could be used. Maybe even if Fel Blade if they gave that a nudge too.

Before you quote this and try and pick apart my example, the point I am trying to make is that it wouldn't be hard to incorporate some other abilities. Fel Blade in particular could have some interesting uses if they decided to not make it bad.

but... no lol. that isnt the design blizzard went with.
    "That's the way it is" is not an argument, no matter how many times you try it.

Agree that simply removing Fel Rush from the priority with no other changes would be boring. Just because I didn't go through and write a 3 page armchair design masterpiece on everything I would change, that doesn't mean that stuff doesn't need to happen also. Chaos Cleave and the other one need to be changed to spice up the priority too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    But a good DH player will rekt other DH with bad spec, that's the point. I even saw some with Fel Eruption ...
    If he does not like or is shit at using the OP talents then using the sub-par talents will most likely yield him better dps.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Oh, but people already have the ability to opt-out of it! We call this ability rogue, warrior, dk, druid, warlock, mage, shaman, priest, monk, hunter or paladin. The only downside is that none of these can be Illidan .

Quote Originally Posted by Nezia View Post
    Oh, but people already have the ability to opt-out of it! We call this ability rogue, warrior, dk, druid, warlock, mage, shaman, priest, monk, hunter or paladin. The only downside is that none of these can be Illidan .
    Ironically, in a recent Dev chat about DH they basically said people looking for a complex class may need to look elsewhere than DH. Keep that in mind when the devs tune the class and make talents built around eyebeam viable again.