Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because transferring alts with good rng to other accounts so that mains with same class can play them will not be used this tier either.

+ we all know what happened in hfc with the ring rng... (wew the guilds with most rings totally won world first race amarite).
    Last edited by Overdispersion; 2016-09-09 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unrelated to this topic, but this world first race should be interesting. Since the retirement of Paragon and Method, we might see some new competition. My money is on Serenity winning the race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of high end Raiders (world 1st) pretty much confirmed on stream they'd end up transferring characters and account share if it would help them out.
    One of them even said the Legendaries will make it so that this race will be the one with the most 'clever use of...' in history.
    My respect for them is gone and I'm disgusted ny it. Why do they get special treatment ?
    Even funnier is the fact some of those Raider's Alts have character names which violate the naming rules. Look how 'equal' everyone is..
    The entire race thing is just like football where overpaid players get rewarded for doing shady stuff.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Spoiler: World first races account for less than a fraction of a percent of the general player base. Catering to them is not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    Spoiler: World first races account for less than a fraction of a percent of the general player base. Catering to them is not important.
    Nobody said it was important to most players. We're just chatting about it. Is that OK with you?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Especially the Mage rings where you don't get the heroism sickness. So if Guild A has more legendary items than Guild B. Guild A is going to have a much easier time.
    Who cares aside from those few guilds trying to get meaningless to everyone else world firsts?

It is true, legendaries will impact that. Its just no one cares.

Who gives a shit about this? like .0000001% of the population? There's zero money involved in winning a world first raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Who cares aside from those few guilds trying to get meaningless to everyone else world firsts?

It is true, legendaries will impact that. Its just no one cares.
    No, you don't care. That's not the same as "no one".

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Who gives a shit about this? like .0000001% of the population? There's zero money involved in winning a world first raid.
    There's zero money involved in most of what you do, guess you should just stop doing everything but working. Oh and charities, all they do is absorb money. And half of the services you use on the internet are run by companies not drawing a profit, there's no money in those. We must now abandon all things which don't directly generate profit.

Were you born on Ferenginar?

And this doesn't just impact a few guilds, it impacts any guild that cares about getting a decent rank at whatever effort level, because the impact isn't 0. It's the same reason TF is a terrible idea, or any kind of RNG in mythic gear.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-09-09 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    And this doesn't just impact a few guilds, it impacts any guild that cares about getting a decent rank at whatever effort level, because the impact isn't 0. It's the same reason TF is a terrible idea, or any kind of RNG in mythic gear.
    I think it's more fun to have a random chance at some extra powerful item. It means doing stuff still always has a chance to give you an upgrade, and it's not just a waste of time. You would need absurdly disproportionate 1 in a billion type odds to see even a 1% difference in raid DPS from one guild to another solely due to TF RNG. There's enough dice rolls for gear that it trends toward the average pretty hard, and the difference of a handful of items being a handful of ilvls apart is just too tiny to have a significant impact. The actual items that drop has a much larger impact on overall DPS, and that's a system people have accepted for 10 years.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 2016-09-09 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    No, you don't care. That's not the same as "no one".
    Nope, no one cares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Sorry Kungen but you don't have your legendary. We're gonna bring in this other tank with no skill but has a legendary equipped.

lol
    kungen is a piece of trash tank but i agree with your sentiment

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see how legendaries are relevant to the world first race at all. Serenity will win by a mile and that's the world first race over right there.

If you mean the world second and the rest, then it makes sense. But who cares abt guilds who are no 2 and below except the people who are in those guilds!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Even funnier is the fact some of those Raider's Alts have character names which violate the naming rules. Look how 'equal' everyone is..
    The butthurtometer is off the charts. Check the armory there are shittons of names violating rules. go report them

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a breath. Legendaries won't dictate world first runs. Simply put, one Legendary isn't broken enough and the buff to wear two legendaries is tremendously long to obtain.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I don't even know of most of the guilds mentioned in this thread that people are convinced will take world first.

They could have a effect... If they get the perfect one and its for the right spec but it is a real gamble.

For example arcane mages are trash but become demi gods when they get their mana restoration Legendary. The odds of that are 1 in 14 and judging by my guild heavy users average a legendary once every two weeks or so.

Now we don't know there drop rates in raids but it seems a hell of a gamble for a maybe.

Deleted
    Don't give a fuck about world first races if it means we get more interesting items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    The butthurtometer is off the charts. Check the armory there are shittons of names violating rules. go report them
    I'm not butthurt but it seems rules don't apply to everyone ? Same for Account Sharing.
    A normal person will get banned instantly but 'dem spewsul' people aparently get priviledges ?
    I'll treat different customers in my shop differently then too ? If you're a big company with millions of customers the only way to keep things fair is for everyone to be on equal foot.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    A normal person will get banned instantly
    Yeah right . I suppose that non raiding pleb buddy of mine also enjoys special privileges because he didn't get banned during the last botting banwave and is sharing his account with his girlfriend.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-09-10 at 03:25 PM.

I thought you couldn't use Legendaries in raid content to begin with?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"