Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

I Think I Burnt Myself Out On Legion

Pre-Rant: If you're currently enjoying the game and want to keep playing, that's fine. I'm not saying the game is bad or not fun overall but I'm not having fun.

I was super hyped for the launch and to finally get out of Draenor. I had a lot of fun doing invasions for a while and alts that were going to dungeon grind finally had something else to do. I've done Loremaster on a couple of characters so the appeal of questing on them wasn't there for me.

I'm blessed to live in an area with Time Warner Cable and they do this fun thing where there's a service outage a couple times a week in the early AM for a few hours, so I wasn't able to play right at launch. I started late Tuesday morning and had a blast with it. However, it's become stale to me already and I can't see myself doing this until the launch of 7.1.

Leveling

On point. One of the best experiences I've had. The cut scenes are great, the zones don't take too long and even High Mountain's "how the fuck do I get there?!" moments weren't too bad. I collected every treasure that was on the map and killed every single rare. I wasn't in a rush to get to 110. The people that did rush had no one to do heroics with, excluding the top competitive guilds.

World Quests

This is where I started to feel burnt out. I've done 300 of them and they feel lacking. They're basically quests you've already done and rares you've already killed plus they share a lot of similarities with the Diablo 3 bounty system. With Diablo 3's bounty systems though, I know I'm going to get something of worth, even if it's just a few crafting materials. Every single day, I did the emissary quests and got resources from that damn box.

Not one time did I see gold, a blood or anything other than resources. Before I bought gear just to collect appearances, I had 60k resources. The majority of the missions are either a little bit of gold or some AP, which is nice considering at level 18, you need 24,000 artifact power to get another trait.

Mission Table

For some reason, this thing is back. The good thing I have to say about it, is it's nothing like the Warlords of Draenor mission table. You have a limited number of followers but at the same time, there are similarities. Your introduction to your class is gated through this thing via 10 hour missions. There's two sets of these so people are setting their alarms to actually do these as quickly as possible. Some of the missions can be up to 36 hours and they only award follower XP or something minuscule like 150g.

Your minions die off in 3 missions and you have to replace them for a low cost at two separate vendors. Then there's the class hall upgrades. These take a minimal amount of resources but the last three upgrades alone take an entire month. I cannot stand this gated crap they're so in love with and have been for a few expansions.

In my opinion, the launch feels like a lack of content that's masked behind long waiting gates and low drop chances. I've heard different sources on when 7.1 will drop but I might come back to check out the new Karazhan. If you're enjoying the launch and the expansion thus far, great. I hope you keep enjoying it but for me, I've probably burnt myself out too quickly and it's made me think there's a lack of content which is hidden behind the points mentioned above.

Before someone says it, I'm not angry about the PvP in the sewers. I never had an issue down there. I would go down there to do some quest that would spontaneously pop up and that was it.

On that note, let's talk about PvP. I said it months back that Legion was melee favored and that PvP was an utter disaster. We saw multiple constructive threads regarding PvP and it looks like jack squat came from them. I have never in all of my time playing this game seen PvP as such a clusterfuck as it is right now. The templates seem like no thought or logical process was put into creating them, damage is way too high, healing is nearly impossible in BGs and playing a caster right now is like playing a pinata.

I'm sure someone here will link a BG where they were the #1 player for killing blows as a caster and that's great. I did well on my mage (if no one saw me or focused me). This happened very rarely. I cannot fathom why the lead PvP developer thinks he's funny with snide comments and blocking people on Twitter when the one aspect he's in charge of is a joke.

I'll see you guys in 7.1, maybe. Or 7.2, we'll see how the expansion turns out.

Idk, everyone in my guild is doing mythic dungeons and im just enjoying world quests and trying to do pathfinder.

Fuck playing competitively, i have overwatch for that. I just play wow to relieve stress. I understand that might not be what you are looking for in the game, but reminding myself im not in a race to be the best helps me have more fun

Deleted
    Tl;dr this game is not for you.

Deleted
    Dont rush the content.Go normal pace and then the game will be fine.Imo.

I rushed content and this is the most fun I've had since TBC, maybe even more fun, tbd on that one. But yeah, you are what you eat so to speak.

Three HUNDRED World Quests?

Is this your job or something?
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I have 1, char at 104, 3 chars at 103, 3 chars at 101 and 3 more left to level

I would say that's the definition of "not rushing to max level"

I agree I am in no hurry to get to world quests that are a complete repeat of quests you have already done.

I am enjoying all the different class stories.. This expansion feels both very involved and very punishing to alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I've gotta agree about them hiding the lack of content via gating.

I've not been rushing through content, but I've had lots of free time lately. There's nothing left for me to do but log on every day for my emissary quest and a few extra world quests and a dungeon, then log off. Takes two hours at best. Almost in full epics too, just need some trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khovai View Post
    I Think I Burnt Myself Out On Legion
    In my opinion, the launch feels like a lack of content
    Priceless.

You play that much, yeah you'll burn yourself out. pace yourself, the game will be there tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should take a break, or rotate some other games in once in a while. If you play anything as much as you've clearly played legion (300 wq), you're bound to get burnt out.

Part of the reason for the gating they've reintroduced is to slow down players who consume content at an insane pace. If there was no gating, you would play for an extra 2 days and then have no reason to come back. With gating, you'd probably get a little bored and take a break, but you would have an incentive to come back later in the expansion (or even after just a week or two), which is historically where active player counts bottom out.

If you're not having fun, I think in this case it's on you. It's like eating 6 pints of ice cream and then complaining about getting sick. It's not the ice cream's fault; one should just learn to moderate their behavior to maximize fun instead of complete tasks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    cya /10char

On topic: We don't need these farewell posts. To be truly genuine, none of us care if you decide to stop playing, even if you did state your reasons pretty well. But we do not care. If you don't enjoy the game, that's your life and you are welcome to do what you feel is best. But it's been less than 2 weeks since release. Complaining about lack of content, when you've clearly been playing 8 hours a day, is silly to me. Raids haven't been released, the PVP season hasn't started. So, take your ball, and go home.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

I've not been rushing through content, but I've had lots of free time lately. There's nothing left for me to do but log on every day for my emissary quest and a few extra world quests and a dungeon, then log off. Takes two hours at best. Almost in full epics too, just need some trinkets.
    Hiding the lack of content?

This expansion has more and better content than any other expansion. You're probably part of a small minority that has played 8+ hours a day every day since launch. Play any content-based game like that, and see how long it lasts you.

This is where I started to feel burnt out. I've done 300 of them and they feel lacking.
    Here is your problem. Unless you are in some kind of super high-end mythic guild that requires maximum AP there is absolutely no reason to do so many.
    1001 0111 0011 0111 1000 0101

I think you just don't like world of warcraft.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Heh...
    I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Good job!
    Why do you think it doesn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    300 World Quests? the game isn't 2 weeks old yet and you've leveled, done 300 world quests, for some reason didn't see quests with gear or Blood (I have in just 2 days) and you're burned out? No shit.

How many dungeons have you done? You don;t mention that and while some things like, say, pet battles are side content, 5 mans are core WoW content, always have been. If you don't like them fine, but you're then ignoring one of the core features of the game and early on, a huge chunk of stuff to do. I've done just a few (HoV, Wardens, Eye, one other that escapes me atm) and they're among the best 5mans the game's seen. Oh and raids aren't even out yet.

Of course you're burned out and bored if all you are willing to do is quest and you powered through questing ASAP and have burned through 300 world quests. It's a game. That's not a flaw in the game. That's a lack of self-control. It has nothing to do with gating content - you consume content at a pace that no game will ever keep up with.

And here we go.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I hate to say it but I'm in this same boat too. We still have 10 days left before we can even step foot in a regular normal mode raid.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    If you think Legion has a lack of content you must be playing a different game.